TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Ehh, I love Screamin' Swings, but the one at Knott's is an additional fee.

Only because the capacity. It wouldn't be an issue at MIA

ugh KD just announced that its going to announce its new attractions for 2016 tomorrow sigh

328186227_nonewmia.png.447e96ed42c7505c90e3ed76a9b2fac6.png

This was my reaction to seeing all these CF parks announcing there new rides and MIA being silent on social media

I read the knotts might be getting rid of its screaming swing. If MIA were to get it, I would Sh!t my pants in enjoyment

Where'd you read that they may be getting rid of their screamin swing? Because I know for a fact that the park has been looking for a ride to replace the junior go karts the last two seasons since it's quite a nightmare for employees and cedar fair is looking to get rid of go karts from all parks chain wide, the park was very close in fact to getting gr8 sk8 from Knotts last year to replace junior go karts but it went to California's Great America instead unfortunately. Hopefully this time around we can get it since it'd greatly improve the flat lineup.

I have this ominous feeling that CP is getting the only coaster in the entire CF chain (even though they just got a $25 million B&M 2 years ago, but I digress) for 2016

I think we can confirm it. Other then Knott's Ghost Rider rehab and California's Vortex transformation. Worlds of Fun is a question mark, I have no clue what they are adding. MiA is adding nothing big if anything at all. All the other parks have announced it or is a horrible kept secret.

Cedar Point was gonna have an announcement yesterday, KI today, and wof tomorrow. Any guesses if and when MIA has theirs?

Also, Canada's Wonderland and Kings Dominion are making their announcements tomorrow.

After tomorrow, we will only be waiting on Carowinds, Cedar Point, Michigan's Adventure, Valleyfair, and California's Great America for their announcements.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about Dorney. We're waiting on them too.

Edited by GCI Wooden

Cedar Point was gonna have an announcement yesterday, KI today, and wof tomorrow. Any guesses if and when MIA has theirs?

Easy answer: Never.

I read the knotts might be getting rid of its screaming swing. If MIA were to get it, I would Sh!t my pants in enjoyment

I'm totally in agreement here - minus the messy pants! I'll take a pass on that!

I have this ominous feeling that CP is getting the only coaster in the entire CF chain (even though they just got a $25 million B&M 2 years ago, but I digress) for 2016

I know this doesn't really apply to you, but at least for us Michiganders, we mostly consider CP our "home park" anyway, so it's not such a bad thing!

I think the only park besides CP that I was thinking might also get a coaster next year, is Canada's Wonderland. I feel pretty strongly that Kings Dominion is getting a new coaster in 2017, and KI's announcement today almost seemed to hint at a new coaster for them in 2017 as well. If CW ALSO got one in 2017, that would seem to be too many for one season. So maybe they are still in the running for 2016. Or it's possible they will be 2017, and KI will be getting something other than a coaster in 2017. (Dark Ride?) I think if MiA is going to get a new coaster from CF, ever (something that hasn't ever happened, since Thunderhawk wasn't really new), it'll be in 2018...

Why do you think WOF is a waterpark addition?

Also MiA seems to of been really quiet on social media, even more than WOF. For that park I'm hoping for even some kind of thrilling flat ride. Something. A mini thrust tower would be sick, and round out some of the needed flats there. With Chaos gone, the thrilling flats are seriously lacking.

Also MiA seems to of been really quiet on social media, even more than WOF. For that park I'm hoping for even some kind of thrilling flat ride. Something. A mini thrust tower would be sick, and round out some of the needed flats there. With Chaos gone, the thrilling flats are seriously lacking.

Because WOF now has to compete with schlitterbahn. MIA wont ever get a drop tower with there current head of maintenance.

Skyhawk (even with its unoriginal name) looks fun!

Because WOF now has to compete with schlitterbahn. MIA wont ever get a drop tower with there current head of maintenance.

Skyhawk (even with its unoriginal name) looks fun!

WOF is expanding Planet Snoopy.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1622805#p1622805