TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Just got this email from the park. Is this a tease or just a general email campaign sign up?

it does say they have much to tell you, it could be a tease but more on the aspect of "if we ever get anything new, joining our newsletter will allow you to be the first to know!" Also I read on the CP thread that most if not all CF parks are getting old/refurbished flat rides. Any ideas of MIA?

There are a ton of old flat rides that would be fun. There are a ton of new flat rides that would be fun. Hell, a larson super loop would be fun. But they all take maintainance, so MIA will never build em lol

Any coaster will be fine in my opinion. A floorless Vortex from Carowinds would be great too. Would be nice to have a B&M. Or if they want to RMC Wolverine Wildcat, go for it!

I'm sure RMC could at least make Wildcat A LOT better that it currently is. The day i see a B&M at MiA would probably be my death day... It just doesnt seem natural, I would LOVE it if there was one though!

The park deserves a tower ride like a drop tower from S&S. Or a Frisbee or Top Spin by Huss.

At this point, I'd take anything. A B&M will never be here, no matter how much we want one.

The head of maintainance has already said they don't want to deal with the headache of a drop tower or huss product.

The park could use a lot. A modern B&M is not the top of my list of wants

An Intamin Mega-Lite would pretty much be the best-case scenario, factoring in cost, reliability, coupled with an awesome riding experience. I'm not sure if all that talk about CF not doing business with Intamin (or Chance, for that matter) is true, but if it isn't, I really hope they throw MiA a bone, and become the first place in the US to get an Intamin Mega-Lite!

Oh, and yes, I will do a TR/State of the MiA post later today, hopefully, from my trip to the park the other day! Prepare yourselves!

The park deserves a tower ride like a drop tower from S&S. Or a Frisbee or Top Spin by Huss.

At this point, I'd take anything. A B&M will never be here, no matter how much we want one.

The head of maintainance has already said they don't want to deal with the headache of a drop tower or huss product.

The park could use a lot. A modern B&M is not the top of my list of wants

I think, as long as the park stays under 1 million guests, that a B&M is just too big of an expenditure for it or the market. I think there's a ways to go until then.

As for the drop tower or HUSS Product issue. I think its only a matter of time before we see some sort of drop tower come to the park. I think Demon Drop should've went to MiA instead of Dorney myself, but it is what it is. As for HUSS, a lot of people are distancing themselves from them for the time being due to the maintenance headaches and the fact the company went belly-up.

An Intamin Mega-Lite would pretty much be the best-case scenario, factoring in cost, reliability, coupled with an awesome riding experience. I'm not sure if all that talk about CF not doing business with Intamin (or Chance, for that matter) is true, but if it isn't, I really hope they throw MiA a bone, and become the first place in the US to get an Intamin Mega-Lite!

Oh, and yes, I will do a TR/State of the MiA post later today, hopefully, from my trip to the park the other day! Prepare yourselves!

Please post as soon as you can.

No Huss, S&S, because of high cost. No Chance, Intaimin because of bad relations. What's left? Improve the water park with some skybox slides or an amazing ProSlide tube slide.

S&S wouldn't be bad honestly. Maybe even something from Premier's stable. But, if you want to talk about likely candidates for a coaster, I think S&S is the most likely aside from Zierer or Mack. Hopefully they could work something out with Chance. I know that there are rumors of "bad blood", but eventually things could be worked out and Chance and Intamin can begin a good working relationship with the chain again.

As for the waterpark stuff. I think you're on to something. With the new employee center being built, I suspect the back parking lot will be moved as well and the waterpark will be expanded. Put in some box slides back there and maybe even a ProSlide Rocket or something. Have some fun with it!

I'm also going to stick with a Planet Snoopy becoming part of the Back 40 eventually and a Disk'O Coaster making its way to the park.

^^ A mega-lite would easily be the largest single capital investment in the park's history. Roughly $10 million.

Which isn't all that much more than their previous record. The question is, how long will it take to recover from that. Thunderhawk brought in unprecedented record breaking crowds that never really died off. So the park rode the wave for quite a long time. A Mega-Lite would lead to a larger gap I assume.

At any rate, can't wait to hear about the "major capital".

No Huss, S&S, because of high cost. No Chance, Intaimin because of bad relations. What's left? Improve the water park with some skybox slides or an amazing ProSlide tube slide.

Rmc!

It sucks that we probably wont get anything until the relations improve, or CF sees the need for a new B&M at MiA. Maybe an el-loco? Honestly Intamin have higher maintenance than B&Ms so I actually think we would see a B&M before Intamin even if the relations return back to normal. Maybe B&M will crawl out of its force-less-crap-hole, takes some chances, and make a Mega-Lite. B&M did make a family invert, maybe they are looking to expand business? I wonder what the price tag on a B&M mega-lite would be if they did ever make one.

^^ A mega-lite would easily be the largest single capital investment in the park's history. Roughly $10 million.

Didn't realize how cheap ST really is. Dang. Honestly though every time I go I see people working on ST so I can't see how maintenance doesn't like it.

Will do! I just want a solid stretch of time without distractions to post, so it'll be after all of the "Lightning Rod" euphoria dies down, and my baby I'm keeping an eye on goes to bed!

Thunderhawk brought in unprecedented record breaking crowds that never really died off.

On a day where the park was packed, Thunderhawk's station was a ghost town when I was there the other day... I'm guessing the honeymoon finally wore off! (Or maybe word has finally gotten out to enough people about what a terrible coaster it is... )

Rmc!

It sucks that we probably wont get anything until the relations improve, or CF sees the need for a new B&M at MiA. Maybe an el-loco? Honestly Intamin have higher maintenance than B&Ms so I actually think we would see a B&M before Intamin even if the relations return back to normal. Maybe B&M will crawl out of its force-less-crap-hole, takes some chances, and make a Mega-Lite. B&M did make a family invert, maybe they are looking to expand business? I wonder what the price tag on a B&M mega-lite would be if they did ever make one.

Didn't realize how cheap ST really is. Dang. Honestly though every time I go I see people working on ST so I can't see how maintenance doesn't like it.

Grand Rapids was built by Intamin and the head of maintenance said they have been very pleased with the ride. I see Cedar Fair going with an Intamin hyper over mega lite just for marketing reasons. Once again though, I doubt it.

If anything this year, I predict discko or waterslide/bowlslide. If anything

Rmc!

A B&M is too expensive and capacity is too large for the park. Unless it were a cheaper B&M with lower capacity than usual, then maybe. I still don't think we'd see a B&M at the park for awhile, as much as I want one.

Presently, Thunderhawk is listed as the parks most expensive expenditure at $8 million (though people on here have been trying to argue that). I'll go with what the park states on that though. Even if it weren't, I believe Grand Rapids cost around $6 million and was the largest until Thunderhawk. I think $10 million is most certainly doable, but it does appear as if the chain has been staying away from Intamin.

Will do! I just want a solid stretch of time without distractions to post, so it'll be after all of the "Lightning Rod" euphoria dies down, and my baby I'm keeping an eye on goes to bed!

Thunderhawk brought in unprecedented record breaking crowds that never really died off.

On a day where the park was packed, Thunderhawk's station was a ghost town when I was there the other day... I'm guessing the honeymoon finally wore off! (Or maybe word has finally gotten out to enough people about what a terrible coaster it is... )

Labor day weekend 2014 Thunderhawk and Timbers both had over 2 hour lines. I think Thunderhawk is fun if you keep your head forward

Thunderhawk is stated to be one of the best SLC's out there right now. Compared to others, I actually rather enjoy it. In addition, since its opening, the park has consistently brought in crowds that continued to increase annually. They're up to around 750,000-800,000 people per year as of the last time I heard. That's really well for this park considering they were only getting 400,000 when Shivering Timbers opened.

Grand Rapids was built by Intamin and the head of maintenance said they have been very pleased with the ride. I see Cedar Fair going with an Intamin hyper over mega lite just for marketing reasons. Once again though, I doubt it.

I would LOVE an Intamin Hyper - something like a clone(ish) version of Bizarro (SFNE) would be fabulous! That being said, I don't see it happening next year, and I'm not sure I see it happening ever, unfortunately...

Labor day weekend 2014 Thunderhawk and Timbers both had over 2 hour lines. I think Thunderhawk is fun if you keep your head forward

I realize that it probably still draws a crowd. What I can't comprehend is ever calling a Vekoma SLC "fun". I know how to "ride them", as you suggested, and while it's better, I still don't care for them. My son and I were moderately pleased with the ride in the front row, riding it defensively as you suggested. However, we rode the second time in the third row, and it was pain, and cursing the ride's existence! Needless to say, my son's introduction to SLC's left him unimpressed... But now I'm getting ahead of myself, and delving in TR stuff!

People waited 2 hours for Thunderhawk?! No thank you.

You dont like Thunderhawk? I think its great. Smoothest slc I have been on. Keep your head forward and you dont get a lick of headbanging. Force full, with snappy transitions and inversions. I actually find it to be a really fun ride.

On an unrelated note, I can't believe this thread made it to page 100. I remember when it was stuck in the low 20's forever.

The park has been making some nice progress (even if its unthrilling progress)