TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

I see a news note about it online but I can't find the route on their website. Does Michigan's Adventure do job fairs in Muskegon or appear at high schools to offer applications and meet with prospective employees?

Not that I am aware of. They did just build a new employee training center next to the hr building though. I know they used to bring like 50 people in at a time and hire them on the spot. Job fairs would be a good idea. A shuttle in and out of Muskegon Heights would be good as well

Not that I am aware of. They did just build a new employee training center next to the hr building though. I know they used to bring like 50 people in at a time and hire them on the spot. Job fairs would be a good idea. A shuttle in and out of Muskegon Heights would be good as well

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They can't just sit there and say "No one wants to work." Someone is getting hired to run Mac Woods, museums, Double J Ranch, all that stuff in the immediate vicinity. Hell, carnivals spend money to get people on visas for working at them. If there are people are willing to risk death to take a job in Qatari construction, I'm willing to bet Michgan's Adventure can find someone to run rides for 4 months.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They can't just sit there and say "No one wants to work." Someone is getting hired to run Mac Woods, museums, Double J Ranch, all that stuff in the immediate vicinity. Hell, carnivals spend money to get people on visas for working at them. If there are people are willing to risk death to take a job in Qatari construction, I'm willing to bet Michgan's Adventure can find someone to run rides for 4 months.

From what I hear some of the upper management can be rude. I live and work within 10 minutes of the park so i hear the worst. People dont usually tell the good, only the bad so I am sure im only hearing half the story.

I'll tell you why they can't hire enough people. First, due to some lupole they hire minors down to 14 years old, because of this they don't need to pay minumum wage. some kids there make around $5/Hr. if that isn't bad enough they also don't pay overtime, because they are a seasonal employer. you get one 31min break the entire day no matter how long you work. 31 minutes so they don't have to pay it. I've worked double shits and only recieved one break the enitre day.

^So, you're telling us they aren't the CF park with the highest profit margin in the chain simply because they "wisely" refuse to give into coaster enthusiasts demands (not to mention every non-enthusiast Michigander I've ever talked to) to add a new coaster for the first time in 16 years?!?! (What? No, I'm not bitter! I keep myself grounded in regard to this topic by reminding myself to be grateful that least MiA wasn't Geagua Laked... yet...)

Seriously, though, that really stinks, lagunablue... Hopefully working conditions improve there, or yeah, I can't imagine they'll have a lot of success attracting (or keeping) workers...

On a happier note, I am actually returning to the park today for the first time in many years (since before my Thunderhawk-driven "embargo"), and taking my kids there for the first time! So, contrary to what my first paragraph may indicate, I'm really excited about getting back to MiA, and experiencing it with them! I've heard that there have been a lot of nice improvements in the look and feel of the park in recent years, so I look forward to seeing those as well. I will try to write a TR when I get back from our little mini-vacation later this week, and present my thoughts on the park. I'm not much of a picture-taker, so I don't know if it'll be THAT kind of TR, but we'll see... The weather looks fantastic for today, so hopefully everybody on the West side of the state (and all other sides too) decides it's a fabulous day to go to Lake Michigan, and ignores MiA so the Whitewater Adventure lines aren't too bonkers for us! (One can dream, right? )

MiA, your prodigal son is returning! Prepare the fatted calf!

^So, you're telling us they aren't the CF park with the highest profit margin in the chain simply because they "wisely" refuse to give into coaster enthusiasts demands (not to mention every non-enthusiast Michigander I've ever talked to) to add a new coaster for the first time in 16 years?!?! (What? No, I'm not bitter! I keep myself grounded in regard to this topic by reminding myself to be grateful that least MiA wasn't Geagua Laked... yet...)

Seriously, though, that really stinks, lagunablue... Hopefully working conditions improve there, or yeah, I can't imagine they'll have a lot of success attracting (or keeping) workers...

On a happier note, I am actually returning to the park today for the first time in many years (since before my Thunderhawk-driven "embargo"), and taking my kids there for the first time! So, contrary to what my first paragraph may indicate, I'm really excited about getting back to MiA, and experiencing it with them! I've heard that there have been a lot of nice improvements in the look and feel of the park in recent years, so I look forward to seeing those as well. I will try to write a TR when I get back from our little mini-vacation later this week, and present my thoughts on the park. I'm not much of a picture-taker, so I don't know if it'll be THAT kind of TR, but we'll see... The weather looks fantastic for today, so hopefully everybody on the West side of the state (and all other sides too) decides it's a fabulous day to go to Lake Michigan, and ignores MiA so the Whitewater Adventure lines aren't too bonkers for us! (One can dream, right? )

MiA, your prodigal son is returning! Prepare the fatted calf!

Lack of new thrill rides are more on parks management then CF. The general manager is married to the head of maintenance. Head of maintenance complains about budget to the general manager, so they just dont build anything, sad

I wonder how much Sky Rocket at Kennywood was, it's a compact coaster that has gotten decent reviews. It's probably no Lightning Run, but since MIA has a soured relationship with chance maybe a ride like SR would be a nice alternative.

I think if they got a new ride, visitors and employees might have a boost of morale.

I actually rode sky rocket this weekend, and it was pretty great. It was perfect for a small park like Kennywood, so it would probably also be perfect for a small park like MIA.

My skateboard doesn't know that.

I thought El Toro's wheels were polyurethane? Anyway my idea was anything but metal for a smoother ride.

It has wheels with polyurethane treads. Either way, technically the two are different.

I say don't touch ST though. It doesn't need anything!