TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

They really do have plenty of room. Not sure if they are able to build over that trail (old RR) or not, but could be neat. I think the challenge becomes how do you connect the 'remote' land to the rest of the park. Obviously extending the path near GR is needed, but would/can it connect near Shivering Timbers? The train is nice, but it's inconvenient to wait 15 mins to get over there.

Also, don't think it would be the worst thing in the world to remove some of the parking lot along Whitehall Rd, if needed.

They also own the 10 acre plot of land on the north side of the property on Whitehall Rd. where the new training center is being built. There's still no vertical construction on it yet, just a foundation and some underground utilities. The building itself doesn't look that big, but its certainly a rather large area they have cleared out.

The second train on Timbertown is suppose to solve the 15 minute wait time (in reality, its less than that, maybe only a few min to get from one station to the other) and also solve the ADA restrictions on it, but unfortunately that train has yet to be seen.

And for those that haven't seen the new Dodgem cars, they're really nice! They have a very nice LED package on them.

11265517_10153617824456758_4799048973240068436_n.jpg?oh=f6df0bc5f65f5176ae24f5b58e65e2a3&oe=56045B9C

From their Facebook page.

Also, don't think it would be the worst thing in the world to remove some of the parking lot along Whitehall Rd, if needed.

Six Flags thought you said "build over"

The cost of adding in new utilities, lights, pathways, etc to open new areas is quite expensive. SFSTL, for example, won't expand much because of these costs. Everything adds up to be a lot before rides are even installed. However, if cooperate gives the park a large budget, it may be feasible then.

Iv been trying to see if I can find any filed building permits, but I have had no luck. If any other locals want to try as well that would be great. That is how people found out about fury even before they announced it. I am sure if there building a coaster or any ride it has to have been submitted by now?

Iv been trying to see if I can find any filed building permits, but I have had no luck. If any other locals want to try as well that would be great. That is how people found out about fury even before they announced it. I am sure if there building a coaster or any ride it has to have been submitted by now?

I didn't realize that kind of information was publicly available...

Yes, but small townships like Dalton don't have online search capabilities thus you'd probably need to submit a FOIA request.

Speaking of Carowinds, I was there last week for the first time and was pleased. Fury325 was great and Harmony Hall as well, which has me wondering whether Michigan's Adventure could handle live entertainment. Harmony Hall has a small, but adequate, stage where they did a country show and had a brass marching band walking around while guests ate from the cafeteria. And while the show wasn't performing they had a large video display playing FunTV.

^ MIA used to have a Circus, and a live jet ski show on the lake. And in the early 2000's had rock the coast. Id rather see a hyper/hyper gtx before a concert stage

Don't know how I never knew that. I've been to the park at least 15 times in my life. But yeah I don't think live entertainment is a priority. A new big flat ride or coaster should be the priority.

I wouldn't call half those parks "underrated". A ton of those lists from Buzz Feed are awful anyways, so I'm not surprised.

I think the park definitely needs a show or some thing like that. If I'm not mistaken, the circus only lasted 1 year, and I never knew the park had a jet-ski show.

The park doesn't do fireworks because it's against the noise ordinance in the township it's located within unfortunately

This kind of reminds me of what happened to seaworld ohio. The city had all kinds of silly ordinances, and they hamper the parks growth(no tall rides ect...). I don't understand it if they have a noise ordinance prohibiting fireworks on the 4th of July. I am sure if they really wanted to, they could get a permit for a fireworks show 1 night a year.

Not even ONE FREAKING NIGHT OF THE YEAR? On our Independence day? When Americans light up numerous fireworks? It's not like people aren't already going to be doing this against the laws, and the noises should be expected on the FORUTH OF JULY. I'm sorry, but it is a disgrace that the local gov't would suppress even the celebration of national holiday.