TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Yeah, the rumors were pointing that more franchise food options were coming this year, but so far, nothing has been announced. There were rumors that the Arcade was suppose to be coming down to make way for a new Chickie's & Pete's sit down restaurant. The park is looking for a new food and beverage area manager, so that could have something to do with that. Auntie Anne's pretzels was a pretty big hit for the park's first franchise food, so adding another unique food place like Chickie's & Pete's would help diversify their food selection.

The park does have a pretty good history with Chance, since most of their rides are from them and they do send major components for the rides to Chance every few years for refurbishment, so I'm really hoping there are talks to add a couple of their flats and a potential new coaster as well. All that this park would need is a pretty good steel coaster and it'll be well-rounded for other improvements to come in.

Good relationship? Did you forget about choas?

The park seems tight lipped this year. They are not even announcing the small changes.

^Chaos was one fluke in a history of a good relationship. It isn't like they repeatedly made major investments with chance that resulted in, say, extensive downtime, faulty systems, or overly intense areas that need to be rebuilt in the off season. Cough.

The flat ride collection is seriously lacking. A drop tower would be nice. At this point, to be honest, I don't care what they add, just add something in 2016! We all thought Thunderhawk was going to be a really bad headbanger, but it isn't that bad. The path going along the lake could use a nice restaurant.

Normally they at least announce general improvements, I cant believe they are not saying anything. A johnny rockets would be alright, or a joe cool cafe. Cedar fair has been working with Larson alot lately. Hopefully we get a Larson drop tower this year, but they keep it a surprise till opening day!

^Taking the Busch Gardens Williamsburg approach eh?

I'll be happy with general park improvements because I see the park for what it is. Either way, like I said, I'm sure we'll see something major soon, I keep going back to that "major capital" quote. Until then, it's still just a wait and see. As for the improvements this year...guess we wait for opening.

I'd be down with a drop tower for sure!

Usually a park that's very quiet has something coming in the near future. 2016 is more likely the year this park brings something BIG. What that "big" might be, not sure at this point, but it's coming. I'm just ready to see how many mouths will be dropping when Cedar Fair makes the 2016 announcements. If I hear the words " wing, hyper, giga, launched, or flying" I will be one of those whose mouth will be on the ground.

^ hopefully painting it. The red was almost faded to white lol

Did you go to the park at all last summer? Trabant received a new top-to-bottom paint job last year. The seats, the frame, and the center was repainted and was pretty vibrant. You'd almost though it was brand new.

I'm wondering if it's been sent to Chance this year. Normally during the refurbs, major parts are sent to the factory, so if the hub and hydraulic system was sent in, then the whole ride would of had to be removed from its concrete slab. That could be where this rumor came from.

http://www.chancerides.com/services/images/chance_refurbish_brochure.pdf

While I was browsing Chance's website, did find their refurbishment brochure that features the Giant Gondola Wheel going through the refurb process. Must of been a weird winter going by the park in 2004-05 when it was sent over to Chance as the wheel would of been missing from the skyline.

^ Yea I was there last summer, most not of noticed the new paint job. I was prly to busy rocking the boats on thunderbolt when I was down that midway. They worker let me and some buddies really rock our tubs and it was a blast. Haven't been able to rock em like that in a while. Well if it just got a paint job, im going to assume its not going anywhere.

^ Yea I was there last summer, most not of noticed the new paint job. Well if it just got a paint job, I'm going to assume its not going anywhere.

Not always the case, but if something unexpected comes up, then removal is possible. Falling Star was actually painted the season before it was removed, so painting doesn't really give any notification whether it's staying or not.

Mechanically, Trabant is one of the most simplistic rides the park has. It's an older ride, but it nowhere near as mechanically complex as Falling Star was. So if something were to go wrong with it to have to be removed, the only thing that would be is something structurally. It's all pretty common parts on it, or they can still be purchased from Chance.

Chance's new Freestyle ride is actually a Trabant/Wipeout based ride. Besides using mainly electric motors and apart from the ride disk, the arm and spinning base are pretty much lifted from the Trabant and just re-engineered to work with the Freestyle design.

Edited by Lareson

Would not be suprised one bit if Cedar Point sent over their turnpike cars to replace be bop blvd in the near future. Especially since the park has been looking to switch over to gadspowered cars instead of the current electric ones that are a maintenance nightmare. Also I found the fact thay dorney is removing hang time to be very intriguing. I know a certain spot where falling star used to sit that is in need of a new ride.

I always loved Turnpike Cars at Cedar Point. Since they're closing it there, I would love it if Michigan's Adventure got the Turnpike vehicles and placed them in Be Bop replacing those electric ones.

Also I am all for a Planet Snoopy expansion! As stated we're the only ones in the Cedar Fair chain (that isn't Gilroy Gardens) without either a Planet Snoopy OR Camp Snoopy. I could see Big Dipper being placed in P.S. and re-themed as Woodstock Express. I'd keep Zach's Zoomer with its current theme. On the roller coaster front, I'd like to see us get a hyper, a Eurofighter, or even an S&S El Loco.

An El Loco would be cool (and I'd definitely be happy if Michigan's Adventure got one), but I really hope that their next roller coaster is something original. 5 of the 7 coasters at the park are already clones or standard models, MiA needs to differentiate a bit.

^http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FWiX2SbGlo

Of course, given how Lightning Run turned out in comparison to the animation, this would likely fly through the course.

A coaster like that would be perfect for Michigan's Adventure. I just hope that it would run faster if it was actually built because if had the animation's pacing, the first half might be a little boring.

With lots of the other Cedar Fair parks getting slingshots and rumors of even more on the way I'm curious to see if they'd be willing to put one into Michigan's Adventure. Obviously they have plenty of land and there would be tons of demand based on the popularity of Rip Cord but I'm sure staffing and local politics could make it difficult.

With lots of the other Cedar Fair parks getting slingshots and rumors of even more on the way I'm curious to see if they'd be willing to put one into Michigan's Adventure. Obviously they have plenty of land and there would be tons of demand based on the popularity of Rip Cord but I'm sure staffing and local politics could make it difficult.

Does the park still have a height restriction?