TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

And how do we arrive at that $15-$20-$25 million price tag. Just based off of what Thunderhawk cost ($10 million). So people saying it "needs" (does a park really ever "need" anything, or do people just "wish" it has something) a bigger coaster, it would probably be more than $12 million, with $15 million being a good median number.

I doubt relocating a coaster from Geauga Lake to Michigan's Adventure cost 10m. Firehawk from Geauga Lake to Kings Island was reported at $750,000 and that's only about 100 miles closer than Michigan's Adventure.

I live halfway between Cedar Point and Michigan's Adventure, and most people I know love both of them... but for different reasons. People go down to Cedar Point for the roller coasters, people go to Michigan's adventure for the water park and its proximity to Lake Michigan. As halloween is a pretty big deal in Michigan, if Cedar Point and Michigan's Adventure both had halloween events... well, most of the people I know would probably try to go to both. Michigan does Halloween well. And the park is next to corn fields, it would be SO EASY to turn grand rapids into CornStalkers. And given the fairly local nature of the visitors to the park, well... we're all used to Michigan Octobers, aren't we?

Friendly reminder that Kings Island is even closer to Cedar Point and has its own hugely popular halloween event.

Not that I think it will happen. I just like the idea of it.

A lot of Cedar Fair parks have been getting dick-o's. I would be okay with that. Have you ever ridden a super loop? ^ There fun

Didn't Mondial make the windseekers? Which have had nothing but issues. I don not see Cedar fair buying anything from them for a while!

I went to MA a couple of weeks ago. Had never been there or ridden any of the coasters.

Nice little park but it's not amazing park by any means. They have some really interesting rides there too.

Shivering Timbers - It's pretty good. I will say that it is damn rough. You can see that they put work into it but it needs more. The end is terrible, it needs retracked bad. It is a fun coaster though, some good air time.

Wolverine Wildcat - The biggest single surprise I had ever ridden. This thing kicks ass! Just needs another train. They were only running 1 when I was there.

Thunderhawk - First Vekoma invert for me. Like the B&M's better but it does have some very interesting elements to it.

Wild Mouse - That ride is awesome! It's a fun little ride that gives some good airtime at the end. I like it, I will now search out Wild Mouse's to ride.

I liked MA but like others have said, seems like the water park is the draw, having coasters is just a bonus.

I went as i'm a platinum passholder and I figured why not, it's free, lol. Glad that I did but I won't go back. Not unless they get something that is absolutely crazy.

I went to MA on Sunday. Never going again on Labor day weekend. I live in W Michigan and have gone to MA at least once a year for the last 20 years. I have never seen it so busy in my life. They replaced the Dog House with a pretzel place. That sucked haha. Like usual the park was clean. Everything had a 30 minute plus wait. Even smalls like the scrambler and tilt a whirl were long waits. Thunderhawk and thunderbolt kept breaking down. I like the new funtv's in the lines. I was glad to see them so busy. Just dont ever wanna go back when they are that busy haha. I waited in line for Thunderhawk about 2 hours. First part of the day they were only running one train. Timbers got some fresh wood this off season and rode nice. Water park was a clusterfuck of people. Every slide was a 30 min plus wait. All in all very fun. Just to busy for our little park

^^^If you're waiting for something crazy, you may want ti head back in 2016. According to Screamscape, we may be seeing a Chance Hyper GTX at Michigan's Adventure.

If that's true, then good for Michigan's Adventure, because Cedar Fair neglects the crap out of this park. A Hyper-GTX would be perfect for MA, considering all I've heard about Lightning Run. Plus, it doesn't look like it would be out of the parks budget. Hopefully this ends up happening.

If this does end up happening I hope it's more of a twister layout like Lightning Run and less of an out and back layout like their older hypers which are really dull rides.

That being said I'll believe it when I see it.

If it does happen I will be visiting for sure.

It's actually rumored to be next to Lakeside Gliders.

I just dont see where next to lakeside gliders.....

So are there legitimate rumors of a Disk'O at MiA for next year? If so, I think that would also be a good addition to the park.