TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Amazing POV. It looks like it's running great. I always wanted to ride it after seeing it on one of those early 2000s coaster shows on Travel Channel.

Me too!! What a great advert for the park that coaster show was

• 2 weeks later...

I really wonder how much longer the park's going to be able to keep Logger's Run going. I have to believe the ride's hitting it's end. Seems like it takes up some valuable real estate in the center of the park and could fit a decent thrill ride.

I was there last summer and Timbers was running amazingly. Surprisingly smooth compared to my previous memories from trips before, at least the front half of the train, as we moved closer towards the rear it started to get a little uncomfortable but by no means unbearable. It was really the only reason I went while visiting family, that and getting my Thunderhawk credit (my first and only SLC credit currently haha). It's still an absolute airtime machine and even after lapping it about 15 times throughout the half day we spent there I was still ready for more. Definitely and underrated and overlooked ride in my opinion. The park does have a ton of room for expansion and not only needs a thrill ride or two but another fantastic coaster as well. A nice B&M or Intamin to get them that one step closer to competing with SFGAm.

Just wondering, does anyone think a small new area with a Disk'O coaster (similar to what happened at Cedar Point and Valleyfair) is possible at Michigan's Adventure? I know that MA deserves better than that, but honestly, at this point, anything new for this park is an accomplishment. They already have Lakeside Gliders (same as Lake Erie Eagles), but a Disk'O coaster would be a decent addition. Disk'O coasters aren't exactly thrilling, but they're fun for what they are. They could also move some other smaller flat rides to that area to add to it. Not saying that it's going to happen, just throwing the idea out there.

It's possible, but I don't think it's Cedar Fair's priority right now. The really want to focus on expanding Carowinds, Valleyfair, and California's Great America first. Maybe we could see a new coaster in the next 5 years, but MA really doesn't have the attendance to immediately add a new coaster. Just my thoughts.

^

Yes, those three parks are going to be CF's main focus, but that doesn't mean that the other parks can't get something new too. Also, this is probably not what MA fans want to hear, but I could see a Dinosaurs Alive here in the near future.

It's possible, but I don't think it's Cedar Fair's priority right now. The really want to focus on expanding Carowinds, Valleyfair, and California's Great America first. Maybe we could see a new coaster in the next 5 years, but MA really doesn't have the attendance to immediately add a new coaster. Just my thoughts.

Add a coaster and watch attendance. One begets the other...

^

Yes, those three parks are going to be CF's main focus, but that doesn't mean that the other parks can't get something new too. Also, this is probably not what MA fans want to hear, but I could see a Dinosaurs Alive here in the near future.

No no no lalalala I can't hear you

This would cost a ton of money and not draw nearly the patronage that a couple thrill rides or a new coaster would.

Add three coasters to this awesome property and you've got a destination. Right now you've got a carnival with a world class woodie and a great waterpark.

I wonder why because Cedar Fair has their priorities on three of their parks that they will completely ignore all their other parks. They do realize they have other parks that can't be left unattended. What they could do is have a family expansion area lime they have been doing with their parks, and with that they could open up an area for a nice small coaster. They can expand a park without it being their priority.

[

Add three coasters to this awesome property and you've got a destination. Right now you've got a carnival with a world class woodie and a great waterpark.

That is one the best/worst things that you can compare the park to.

CEDAR FAIR, please add SOMETHING for the 2015 season, I mean something BIG, not that flying scooter ride that has a terrible capacity rate.

If it's true that Cedar Fair bought it I think they're the most likely candidate just based on the fact that they don't have anything similar and I would think it would be incredibly well received there.

Valleyfair has no room unless they remove Excaliber and if they do that they'd probably use that land for waterpark expansion (at the moment it looks like mother nature already did that for them actually). Knotts has no room period, I don't think Great America does either. Dorney has Hydra already, Kings Domonion has Dominator, Kings Island just built a much better B&M ride, Cedar Point wouldn't waste the room on a relocated mediocre coaster and Carowinds is getting a giga next year. Canada's Wonderland is actually a decent candidate because they really only have 3 coasters that are anything special (and I only say that because I love arrow suspended coasters) but they just got a coaster this year. World's of Fun is the only other likely candidate but I think Michigan's Adventure would be the best fit... especially because they're long overdue for a decent new addition.

What exactly is out there suggesting Cedar Fair has bought Led Zeppelin? If in fact they have bought it then I would have to believe it's headed to Michigan's Adventure since it's the only park that has enough wide open land for a ride this size. Not to mention the park really needs some kind of looping coaster outside of their fairly good SLC. I guess time will tell.

I just read that all the remaining rides were purchased by a foreign company and headed overseas.

Maybe whatever rides there left from Hard Rock/Freestyle park where bought by the Mexicans or Chinese? That's my wild guess!

I just read that all the remaining rides were purchased by a foreign company and headed overseas.

Maybe whatever rides there left from Hard Rock/Freestyle park where bought by the Mexicans or Chinese? That's my wild guess!

(6/26/14) So what’s going on at Freestyle Music Park? After hearing back from several of our sources, and putting the individual puzzle pieces back together, it seems that all of the remaining park rides may have been sold recently as part of a huge bundle. The common rumor from everyone is that they have all been sold to a foreign company who will remove them from the country, with two sources saying that they are hearing toward Asia and one who narrows it down to an unknown park in Vietnam. Add in to the mix was a rumor from earlier this month sent in claiming that a deal for just the park’s property was in negotiations with a local unnamed big development company. But when you are dealing with the Myrtle Beach area, most people have a pretty good hunch about who it just might be...

Screamscape was the source.

What exactly is out there suggesting Cedar Fair has bought Led Zeppelin? If in fact they have bought it then I would have to believe it's headed to Michigan's Adventure since it's the only park that has enough wide open land for a ride this size. Not to mention the park really needs some kind of looping coaster outside of their fairly good SLC. I guess time will tell.

It was the popular rumor the last few days. I don't believe that it's true but I'm speaking hypothetically.

I'd love to see LZ at Michigan's Adventure, but (even if Cedar Fair doesn't like dealing with Intamin anymore) I feel like a Mega-Lite would be a smart move. At the very least, it would bump up attendance with coaster enthusiasts who don't want to leave the country.

It would definitely be smarter to add more thrilling flat rides, though. Don't get me wrong, the flyers are fun, but a Top Spin would look beautiful on the lake there...

^A Screaming Swing would fit in great with the park!

Does anyone know anything about Shivering Timbers getting new Timberline roller coaster trains? I've heard this rumor for a few years now, but does anyone know if it's real or not?

Does anyone know anything about Shivering Timbers getting new Timberline roller coaster trains? I've heard this rumor for a few years now, but does anyone know if it's real or not?

Based on other examples, adding Timberliners or even Millennium Flyers wouldn't be a very good idea unless the ride was completely retracked. The Wildcat, Hades 360, Gwazi, and the Voyage are all examples of where this was attempted and the results were far before expectations. With the first three of those rides, there was hardly any track modifications before the new trains were added, and with the Voyage there was substantial track work however the park still decided to scrap the idea. One could think that the cost of a complete track replacement doesn't warrant the desired improvements, as Holiday World made quite an effort to get those trains running. These trains have shown to function fantastically when they run initially with the ride, but horribly when they're added after the track has been damaged by PTC's.

^A Screaming Swing would fit in great with the park!

MIA would have re-track the whole thing if they want a return on the investment. Just throwing on some Timerliners will just make the ride worser. PTC hits the track when making a turn and that completely rips the track up. That's why parks don't add new trains unless it's PTC since they would have to retrack the whole ride it if they were adding Millenmum Flyers or Timberliners. GCI has retracked some parts of the ride before though.