TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Nice move by Michigan's Adventure. Glad they decided to add something more than a Snoopy Meet & Greet.

Btw, do the Larson Flying Scooters snap?

I can snap pretty good on CGA's flyers, all via calmly and gracefully moving the fin. I've even managed to dive down hard enough to face backwards several times!

It's all about timing on that ride. If you wonder, CGA has the first Larson flyer made. Kind of a fun fact

• 5 weeks later...

Location for Lakeside Gliders still hasn't been confirmed yet by the park, but what I've been hearing is that it may replace Go-Karts. Hasn't been removed from the site yet, but the location would really be the best place to put it as they don't have to fill in anymore spots on the lake and it's smack dab in the middle of the park too.

I know that Cedar Fair has taken out a couple other kart attractions at other parks, but considering that we have other options around the area that offer a go-karts track, some indoors and out, that are much better and I know many locals don't really care for paying extra to ride them.

http://www.miadventure.com/things-to-do/family-rides

They did though update the thumbnail on the website with what the paint scheme on the cars are going to look like with it photoshopped on an existing model. It's also going to be part of FastLane as well.

• 11 months later...

Nothing yet, but I'm expecting it to be an "off year" because of the massive point-of-service installation going on this off season. It's the last Cedar Fair park to do so since they didn't really have a system to build upon, it all has to be all installed from scratch.

There were a few rumors here and there, but so far, nothing has been confirmed by the park.

I personally think that Michigan's Adventure is a perfect candidate for a Mega-Lite if Cedar Fair wants to do business with Intamin. It is small enough to be a good ride for the park, but the chain is big enough to justify an expensive coaster.

I personally think that Michigan's Adventure is a perfect candidate for a Mega-Lite if Cedar Fair wants to do business with Intamin. It is small enough to be a good ride for the park, but the chain is big enough to justify an expensive coaster.

While I would love a Mega-Lite in the US as much as the next guy, It simply just isn't going to happen. It would be a great fit, but Cedar Fair doesn't seem to do anything with Intamin anymore. But I do wish that CF would install a decent coaster at the park. Think about it. They have no B&M's or Intamins, and the last coaster they got was a used Vekoma SLC, and that was back in like 2007. This park needs some love!

As much as I want to see a new coaster at this park, they are in need of a few other things first. Here are a few examples of what I think they need....

1. Connect/ build a path from shivering timbers to the back of the park near thunderhawk. I hate the long walk around the lake.

2. Some type of show or entertainment

3. A camp snoopy

4. A few modern flat rides like a maxair

5. A drop tower ride

5. And then a new coaster. I am thinking a coaster along the lines of Dare devil dive or even a pandemonium type coaster. These type of coasters have a price tag the park may be able to afford, and they would fit in nice.

As much as I want to see a new coaster at this park, they are in need of a few other things first. Here are a few examples of what I think they need....

1. Connect/ build a path from shivering timbers to the back of the park near thunderhawk. I hate the long walk around the lake.

3. A camp snoopy

5. A drop tower ride

5. And then a new coaster. I am thinking a coaster along the lines of Dare devil dive or even a pandemonium type coaster. These type of coasters have a price tag the park may be able to afford, and they would fit in nice.

Very very true. I think an ARM/Larson drop tower would be a great addition as far as flat rides/drop towers go. With the water park being such a big draw though it may be a while before the dry side sees anything major.

I thought they already had this in place as of a few years ago?

Its probably an upgrade if they are doing something with it.

Nope, there was actually nothing in place in a majority of the park. Only spots that actually had a modern POS was Coasters and the front gate. They were still using simple cash registers in a lot of locations. There was little to no infrastructure inside of the park, hence why it's the last one to get the POS upgrade as a brand new fiber line has to be installed around the park. I believe Ouimet was the one to mention this in a conference call last year when the POS upgrade was brought up.

In terms of rides, it's currently a "wait and see" situation. They had Lakeside Gliders installed last year, which seemed to have went over well with the GP, along with the introduction of the Lakeside Beer Garden as well. The water park is still recovering from having installed Beach Party in 2011, so probably a few more years before something is added there. The last installation in the water park before Beach Party was Funnel of Fear in 2005, so if that gives you any indication.

The issue why nothing has been expanded on the east side of the park since 2006 when Grand Rapids was installed was because the park sits on 2 townships: Dalton to the east and Fruitland to the west. There was a person who was on Dalton's township board that was against the park from expanding that way, but that could change now as that person is now gone. There's been rumors flying all around the park, but so far, nothing solid has turned up. All I know is that something is coming in the next year or two, but at this point, it could be anything from a dark ride to a new coaster.

Also for those that don't like to walk around the lake, there's Timbertown Railway, a perfectly capable train to take you from Thunderhawk to Shivering Timbers. The wait is usually only a maximum of 10-15 minutes, but that might be changing next year if they can finally get the 2nd train up and running. That I know has been in the works for a couple years now.

3. A camp snoopy

5. A drop tower ride

I would also like to see a Waterpark entrance gate added!

WW has, if running very well, a single spot of airtime on the ride. The layouts are similar, but much like how Dinn/Summers turned the legendary Riverview Bobs into a horrible piece of crap at Geauga Lake, they managed to take a much more simple layout and botch the hell out of it too. Plus it only has one train, so on weekends or busy weekdays, the wait is BRUTAL.

3. A camp snoopy

5. A drop tower ride

I honestly disagree and heres why: the park has gone a long time without something that makes the park stand out. Shivering Timbers is nice, but other than that coaster, why bother going to the park? to get credits? Ok, sure. But how about a legitimate reason, besides Shivering Timbers. Ok, maybe a few of us could think of reason, but the fact of the matter is, why not get a coaster next year to attract visitors, and add a show the same year? Then you get 2 in one year. Then the next year add a camp snoopy with a new path. Then a drop tower. Then a flat. And the reason I put the flat last is because they're getting Lakeside Gliders this year.

^Actually, they got the Lakeside Gliders (and the BEER garden) last year.

I agree that another good coaster or giant flat would be good for this park as well as constructing a walking path from the rapids ride to ST. That whole area could be ripe for a nice expansion - Camp Snoopy, coaster, flats...or all of the above!

As much as we all salivate over a Mega-Lite getting put in anywhere in the US, I just don't see this as the park to get the first one.

Although stranger things have happened, I suppose...

026.JPG.4f84edfaa6131d0441cd4f5a92ea8994.JPG

Gliders near the bottom of the photo.