TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Golden Ticket Awards 2019

^And people that suck up to the people running it and vote the way they are told to!

I have voted for the Golden Ticket Awards and have never been instructed to vote for any specific ride or park, etc. Contrary to popular belief here, that is not how the Golden Tickets work.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote in the awards every year. To participate, you contact them and send in a simple resume about yourself. Being Canadian (International) might have helped my cause. I have visited around 80 parks with some in Europe. I could have been accepted simply by contacting, who knows? I take them as fun, don’t get butt hurt about the rankings. I do believe they are way better than even a few years ago, maybe due to more enthusiasts like myself participating.

I love that we have a TPR coaster poll to take seriously and the GT for the masses.

The Golden Tickets were a fun way to learn about different parks and coasters as a kid, but I would never use them to prioritize parks/rides to visit today.

Yeah these awards and the Discovery Channel shows really influenced where I wanted to visit when I was younger. Then I discovered the Mitch Hawker Poll.

I voted for years, but stopped as some of my favorite rides and parks never showed up in the top 10s... so, it just drove home the point of "you like what you like," and having different opinions is ok.

But I especially enjoy seeing my favorites make it in, though! Very happy to see Phoenix (buzz bars) still at #1 and Voyage at #2; not my #1s and #2s, but at that level of awesomeness, it doesn't matter much to me. Those are world-class coasters.

^That one still makes a lot more sense than some of the other rankings. Phoenix is my #2 wood, with my #1 being Wildfire. I don't know how far down the list Wildfire is, but I guarantee it would make me cringe.

16th. Rocky Mountain coasters that placed ahead of it in the wooden coaster rankings were Lightning Rod at #7, and Outlaw Run at #8. I think it's just that not enough people in the voting pool have actually ridden it yet.

I find it quite odd that Phoenix got best wood.

Phoenix is classy. It only gets the best wood.

LOL! Don't get me wrong it's a great ride, I think this is just very indicative of how which ever rides have the most ridership will fare better than those that haven't. For example Millennium force is my personal number 1, but it's surprising that it still ranks so high, but I think it's mostly because more people have ridden it than other newer coasters.

I find it quite odd that Phoenix got best wood.

Phoenix is classy. It only gets the best wood.

LOL! Don't get me wrong it's a great ride, I think this is just very indicative of how which ever rides have the most ridership will fare better than those that haven't. For example Millennium force is my personal number 1, but it's surprising that it still ranks so high, but I think it's mostly because more people have ridden it than other newer coasters.

You are not looking at the big picture.

Phoenix is helped because some voters could fall into the following mindsets

I don't think these new creations by Intamin and RMC are "true " wood coasters

I have a large frame and Phoenix' buzz bars are very accommodating

My favorite coaster has to be rerideable and some of the newly engineered wood coasters are too intense to re-ride.