TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: World’s 1st Cable-to-Rail Zipline Roller Coaster Opens

Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park in Pigeon Forge has sent us a press release announcing the opening of their first-of-its-kind cable-to-rail zipline roller coaster, the Flying Ox.

1.thumb.jpg.6cd519e2ed4d4266e3dc822fc4151a5d.jpg

Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park, in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains, has officially opened the Flying Ox, the world’s first cable-to-rail zipline roller coaster.

The one-of-a-kind Flying Ox zipline roller coaster takes riders on a thrilling 1,000-foot-long ride 80 feet in the air above Lumberjack Square in the zipline position. Instead of traveling in a straight line, riders wind, drop, and soar through the air at approximately 15 miles per hour. The Flying Ox combines the thrill of ziplining with the track features of a roller coaster into one family fun attraction.

The new attraction was inspired by the history of the local logging industry. It is just one of several experiences located in the lumberjack-themed adventure park that opened in late 2018. Guests also can enjoy scenic views from the attraction’s 80-foot-tall observation tower.

“With the addition of the Flying Ox, Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park is the only location in the world where thrill seekers can ride a cable-to-rail zipline roller coaster,” said Vice President of Marketing Josh Mayberry. “Lumberjack Square strives to provide a unique experience where guests can watch a lumberjack show then try their hand at some of the competitive events they see performed by the professional lumberjacks.”

Guests can experience a log roll and boom run while secured by harnesses that keep participants from landing in the water. A lumberjack-themed ropes course, speed climb towers, and a simulated free-fall from an 80-foot-tall jump platform are also offered. In the coming months, the park will be adding springboard chop and cross-cut saw attractions.

To engineer the new attraction, Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud partnered with CLIMB Works, the leader in the zipline industry. CLIMB Works is committed to exceeding safety standards and guest expectations.

The guest reviews at Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park have been outstanding so far, and the team is excited to share a unique experience with everyone that visits Pigeon Forge! The park can accommodate groups of up to 400 per hour and is open daily rain or shine. Guests can purchase tickets at the Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud box office on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge or online.

For more information about Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Adventure Park, please visit https://lumberjackfeud.com/.

About Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park

Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park, recently voted Best New Business by PigeonForge.com, is a one of a kind entertainment complex offering affordable fun for families and groups. Showcased by our world-class lumberjacks and our one-of-a-kind adventure park, the attraction provides the area’s newest entertainment destination. Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park is a must-see on your next family vacation. For more information, visit https://lumberjackfeud.com/ or call 865-366-3330.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

These videos released by the park give a little more insight into what the ride experience is like!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

cable.JPG.38fc5910a8529394e3e253c949b0da30.JPG

Pulled from the above video, you can see that the zipline actually switches from a rail to a cable for a section of the layout, which is where the "first-of-its-kind" title seems to be coming from.

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(((((wave of enthusiasts enter thread arguing over whether it's a credit or not)))))

In all seriousness, this looks aaaaawesome. I'm most likely heading to Pigeon Forge next summer, so I may have to add this place in the itinerary along with all the mountain coasters.

The new attraction was inspired by the history of the local logging industry.

Interested in what inspired them for this specific attraction. Can't imagine coasters and zip-lining were at the top of loggers' entertainment options in the middle of the woods.

Is it bad that I really like all of the random touristy stuff on the main drags of Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and Branson just as much as their major parks!?!

Surely you're mistaken. The Jurassic Jungle Boat is much better than any day at Dollywood.

This looks awesome, even if they're on the Six Flags level of "world's first" with that short cable section, haha. I'm gonna be in Gatlinburg in a couple of weeks and will probably stop by to give it a shot!

I have the opportunity to ride a zipline coaster, called "The Bat Chaser" when I went to Indiana Caverns in late July (near the town of Corydon, Indiana). I thought the ride was fun and thrilling (much unlike that dumb coaster that used to run at Kings Island that was called "Scooby Doo's Roller Ghoster" - a ride so lame it wouldn't scare a sick duck!),and would have liked to ride again and again if I had the time, the money, and didn't need to tour the caverns (which includes parts of the cave you tour by boat). But this new zipline coaster has an element "The Bat Chaser" didn't process: the rail-to-cable-back-to-rail transfer. After seeing the ride video, I knew I had to travel to Pigeon Forge and ride "The Flying Ox" for myself.

By the way, when I rewatched the video, I noticed a structure that has to be their adventure ropes course. I did a course like that at Luray Caverns during the Labor Day weekend; same concept, but different layout. I wasn't given any time limit, but after fifteen minutes I called it "quits". I wouldn't mind trying out that course.

With the opening of Soaky Mountain waterpark slated for next year, the new alpine coasters they recently built since the last time I've been there, and an important revisit to Dollywood; I know I gotta go there next year! Anyone else in Pigeon Forge wanna build something that's gonna get me interested?

Is it bad that I really like all of the random touristy stuff on the main drags of Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and Branson just as much as their major parks!?!

Same! That crazy sling shot was definitely one of the highlights of Branson on the 2017 trip. Also the climbing stuff we went to and the mountain coasters are just so much fun