TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as seen on FB:

Any comments on how kingda ka ride is. I will be riding it tomorrow for my first time. How does it ride I heard your heart stops beating it's breath taking. Do I have to sign a waiver for this ride my friend says I do.

Was at Busch Gardens Williamsburg a couple of weeks ago.

Heard the dude behind us on the train telling his wife "Oh yeah, there used to be this coaster called Drachen Fire. It's not here anymore because someone broke their neck while riding it."

lol.

Heard the dude behind us on the train telling his wife "Oh yeah, there used to be this coaster called Drachen Fire. It's not here anymore because someone broke their neck while riding it."

lol.

Well it was an Arrow...

lol.

Well it was an Arrow...

Very true lol

I like reading this thread occasionally only because it reminds me of eavesdropping on a bunch of geeks sitting in a room and criticizing people for not knowing the differences between Dungeons and Dragons vs. Magic the Gathering. It's entertaining.

GP member on Road Runner Express: "I heard that a skinny guy died on this because the bar didn't lock down tight enough and he flew right out"

Me: "Nobody has ever died on this, or anything in this park if I remember right. Plus, if skinny people flew out, I'd be dead since I marathoned this with my friend's little sister"

GP member: "Oh. It must've been someone who works at SeaWorld trying to steal more of our money"

Sigh... There are people on Facebook that actually think that Six Flags Great America should be sued simply because Sky Trek Tower got stuck and people had to climb down the stairs. My faith in humanity is dropping by the minute.

Sigh... There are people on Facebook that actually think that Six Flags Great America should be sued simply because Sky Trek Tower got stuck and people had to climb down the stairs. My faith in humanity is dropping by the minute.

Seems like they don't know how common that actually is.

I tend to consider myself a member of the GP but I'll give this a shot anyway.

I was on the mean streak at Cedar Point with my cousin, front row at like 10:30 at night an we each warfed down a giant ice cream cone beforehand so we got on the ride and we made the really loud screaming and snarling sounds and the person behind us kept saying "Girls, be quiet, I'm trying to enjoy my ride". Of course we didn't listen and I was thinking "It's a roller coaster, do you honestly expect dead silence?"

Just a side reflection to myself: I love that when girls (ie. you TheHalonSystem) tell a story, they always tend to add details that are not relevant in the end. It's something I don't see guys doing much. But I'm glad you enjoyed a giant ice cream cone before the ride.

And while some screams are annoying - especially on videos when you're not "in the mood", I totally agree rides won't be the same without some (over) reactions from riders!

It reminds me one time when a kid behind me was mocking me for putting hands up on BTM, like "ugh this is a kiddy ride". I don't care.

Just a side reflection to myself: I love that when girls (ie. you TheHalonSystem) tell a story, they always tend to add details that are not relevant in the end. It's something I don't see guys doing much. But I'm glad you enjoyed a giant ice cream cone before the ride.

And while some screams are annoying - especially on videos when you're not "in the mood", I totally agree rides won't be the same without some (over) reactions from riders!

It reminds me one time when a kid behind me was mocking me for putting hands up on BTM, like "ugh this is a kiddy ride". I don't care.

It only bothers me when someone is screaming hysterically on the lift or the final brake run. If they're cheering about having a fun ride, it's ok. But when they scream like the person behind them will kill them, I probably will kill them