TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

When we were at Silver Dollar City this past weekend, there was a very excited woman in line for Outlaw Run who was cheerfully yelling out statistics (she was very loud too). So I learned that Outlaw Run has a 162-degree drop. RMC continues to amaze.

But hey, I'm glad she had a good time. Outlaw Run's not picky; it'll thrill the mathematically challenged just the same as everyone else.

Wow, I just learned that too ! I though it was more of a 81° drop. RMC is crazy !

shh... you are giving them ideas!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, thanks to KDGY75 for posting that awesome picture from the movie Rollercoaster in the Kings Dominion thread. It inspired me to check out some of my favorite scenes from the movie again.

That being said, someone posted the entire movie on Youtube, and one of the comments read

They should have put wings on cars just incase some nutcase blew up the track on the rollercoaster that way they could fly out of danger

At first, I thought he was joking, but he also posted this on the same video

These amusement parks are already dangerous the way they are.Hope to God some nutcase doesnt get the ideal to do this but security should kick anybodys ass if they try

As expected, the Six Flags announcement brought out the idiots on Facebook. Here's a couple gems posted to Six Flags Great America's page in the comments for the Goliath announcement:

Screenshot_2013-08-29-07-52-35.thumb.png.04a9efea794b064b35f6262f321757a6.png

What???

Screenshot_2013-08-29-07-22-09.thumb.png.6fbdb66b8c9ca45a872a0e4846f4a55a.png

There were plenty of people thinking this Goliath is a clone of various other Goliath coasters

Now that the Zumanjaro Drop of Doom Teaser Video Six Flags Great Adventure video is nearing 1 million views, it's time to check out some of the most asinine comments made so far:

I'll try only after I hear about it's progess far as how many ppls have been injured or killed on it.

Huh?

90MPH is a little extreme...especially if young adults and teenagers will be attending, plus the force of gravitational pull...everyone will be unconscious by the end of the ride lol

I HATE when idiots write LOL after their comments. As if the comment is so hilarious they laughed at it. Dumbass.

Hope your origins stay in place then. If not your gonna be shitting out more than just blood.

Origins? Hmmm....

BALLS LEVEL:10,000

What if the polaritys change wouldn't it speed them up instead of slow them down?

What if you learned how to spell and speak proper English?

What the hell, where is this

Literally, look at the title of the video and do a 2-3 second search on Google.

since we DONT see them going down safely... not even in video with cartoons, assume, there isnt brakes. thats why most scariest in world....

Time to thin out the gene pool with that comment.

And the battle of the idiots continues:

Fuji Condor

Fuji Condor 5 hours ago

Magnetic brakes are ELECTRO-magnetic retard. i.e. they run on electricity. They could very much could fail, shit for brains.

HardRock2Day 15 hours ago

Are all of you fucking retarded? The brakes can't fail. They're magnetic, so unless all of the basic physics of the universe stop working, then the brakes won't fail. No, they didn't copy SFMM and Lex Luther because they are made by the same company and parent park. No, you don't need oxygen masks at 400 ft. How the fuck could you live in skyscraper if you needed an oxygen mask? Damn, some of you are stupid.

Now that the Zumanjaro Drop of Doom Teaser Video Six Flags Great Adventure video is nearing 1 million views, it's time to check out some of the most asinine comments made so far:

I'll try only after I hear about it's progess far as how many ppls have been injured or killed on it.

Huh?

90MPH is a little extreme...especially if young adults and teenagers will be attending, plus the force of gravitational pull...everyone will be unconscious by the end of the ride lol

I HATE when idiots write LOL after their comments. As if the comment is so hilarious they laughed at it. Dumbass.

Hope your origins stay in place then. If not your gonna be shitting out more than just blood.

Origins? Hmmm....

BALLS LEVEL:10,000

What if the polaritys change wouldn't it speed them up instead of slow them down?

What if you learned how to spell and speak proper English?

What the hell, where is this

Literally, look at the title of the video and do a 2-3 second search on Google.

since we DONT see them going down safely... not even in video with cartoons, assume, there isnt brakes. thats why most scariest in world....

Time to thin out the gene pool with that comment.

And the battle of the idiots continues:

Fuji Condor

Fuji Condor 5 hours ago

Magnetic brakes are ELECTRO-magnetic retard. i.e. they run on electricity. They could very much could fail, poo-poo for brains.

HardRock2Day 15 hours ago

Are all of you fudging retarded? The brakes can't fail. They're magnetic, so unless all of the basic physics of the universe stop working, then the brakes won't fail. No, they didn't copy SFMM and Lex Luther because they are made by the same company and parent park. No, you don't need oxygen masks at 400 ft. How the fudge could you live in skyscraper if you needed an oxygen mask? Damn, some of you are stupid.

All those GP comments just made me laugh

Not everybody that goes to Cedar Point is dumb, but ALL dumb people like Cedar Point!

*In the Dragster queue, there was a woman yelling at a ride op (who was walking by, going somewhere else) about how they did nothing about all the "line jumping"...from people that had fast lane passes.

*"The Millennium FALCON is my favorite ride ever!"

*My sister will do any amusement ride but REFUSES to ride GateKeeper because she's absolutely certain that the keyhole element is unsafe and will chop your limbs off.

*I posted a comment on the GateKeeper announcement video on YouTube about my sister's phobia of GateKeeper and I had someone say they agreed with her.

*My cousin isn't necessarily GP nor is she stupid, but this comment really ground my gears. "Isn't the Wicked Twister an out and back coaster?" This was after I explained to her that GateKeeper and X2 weren't the same type of ride.

And he single best thing I've ever heard out of a Cedar Point-er's mouth:

"Mean Streak...that's my favorite ride!"

(I apologize, but you have to say something bad about Mean Streak in every Cedar Point-related post; it's tradition.)

I know this wasn't that dumb, anyway: when I went to Hershey a week ago I was in line for skyrush and ahead of me were two kids and their dad. As sooperdooperlooper got to the break run one of the kids asked if It went upside down to which the dad answered in a confident way that it couldn't due to the lack of OTSR. I kindly explained that it could and that there was a loop at the bottom of the first drop. Not only wasn't he minimally convinced but pulled a really rude face. I suppose some people don't like to be corrected at all.

I came across a group back in July on the Bus towards Walibi Holland. While we were driving next to the sea one of them started:

(Note friends stands for 2 persons always one of them was saying this.)

You know what would be cool? A roller coaster underwater.

My thoughts where like: okay we have Diving coaster Vanish so if you mean like that. But his confused friends started to question the idea.

Friends: Like how? Going through a glass tube or something?

Idea guy: No I mean like literately underwater.

This was confusing me but his friends sounded reasonable:

Friends: That's impossible. How does that suppose to work?

Idea guy: No it's possible. If you go really slow and really high you can get some speed.

Okay I lost hope for that guy here, good thing he had friends:

Friends: Still not going to work mate. With the pressure of the water you need some serious hight.

Idea guy: No it works If you go slowly it must work.

Friends: [thought it over] Well if you say it like that then it must work. But how are we going to breath underwater?

Okay here I lost them to his spells as well. But his great idea wasn't finished.

Idea guy: You're being strapped into diving gear. like a helmet and suite and such.

Friends: No that takes to long and will be heavy. Only the helmet, who cares about the cloths?

This discussion stopped around here. I thought that must be it but no one of their friends came with an other great idea.

Friend: You know I just watched man of steel.

Other friend: you mean that new superman movie?

Friend: Yeah it was great. You know what would be a great idea?

This one I never expected to hear:

Friend: They should name a coaster after a super hero or villain. Like Superman the ride.

Idea guy and other friend: That sounds like a awesome idea.

It was a long bus trip, with them next to me.

Let's play the name the coaster by the colour game!

I like the red one, but I like the yellow one that goes back and forth more. The orange one is my favourite though.

I'm going to guess SF Great America: X-Flight is the red one, Vertical Velocity the yellow, and Raging Bull the orange. In which case, good taste.

How could I forget this? It was either this last trip to Kings Dominion or the one before that. But I heard this gem from the entrance of Anaconda.

"I think this is the coaster they used for Final Destination 3. I don't want to go on cuz it's not safe!!"

I remember why I don't ready comments on facebook now.

Shannon Nicole Dean I live in Arkansas and wouldn't go on any ride at Magic Springs. They don't keep that park up. They let it go. The restrooms have no paper towels or toilet paper and everything needs painting. Trash all over the place. I bought season passes on year an...See More

Shannon Nicole Dean This one is in Hot Springs, Arkansas located at the shoddiest theme park around. Magic Springs. I wouldn't get on any ride at that park!!! I spent an arm and a leg one season, getting the family season passes. They had all of the rides shut down, bc they were all broken and in need of parts. The place is filthy, trash everywhere, in need of paint. No toilet paper or paper towels or soap in the restrooms. The rides look like they are about to fall apart. It is truly an awful amusement park. Don't waste your money. It is garbage and the employees are rude!! I live here and I drive or fly out of state to visit other parks. I have season passes to other theme parks, in other states. I wouldn't waste my money on this place. Trust me!!

Shannon Nicole Dean You are sooooo right!!! Trust me!! It is garbage and located at a piece of garbage theme park!!! Awful and this is the best they have to offer. I wouldn't ride this or any ride at that park. Awful place!!

I can't believe someone would go out of their way three times to put down a park. I actually enjoyed this park when we stopped there on the midwest trip and don't really agree with her at all.

How could I forget this? It was either this last trip to Kings Dominion or the one before that. But I heard this gem from the entrance of Anaconda.

"I think this is the coaster they used for Final Destination 3. I don't want to go on cuz it's not safe!!"

I'm pretty sure every park with a red coaster gets that claim by the GP.

Anaconda isn't red, but they think it's the one from FD3 because of the loop and double corkscrews. The funny thing to me is that the one used in FD3 is a Vekoma and many coasters that fall under the FD3 category are Arrow rides.

Anaconda isn't red, but they think it's the one from FD3 because of the loop and double corkscrews. The funny thing to me is that the one used in FD3 is a Vekoma and many coasters that fall under the FD3 category are Arrow rides.

Anaconda is red ad has green trains, so I could see a misunderstanding there.

I've only seen the one scene so corrected if I'm wrong, but I always assumed there was just one coaster used for Final Destination; Viper at SFMM. It's used a lot for movies and such (I remember that at least Glee used it for an episode, and I feel like other shows have as well) and I know that the park is used a lot fr movies; I know National Lampoon's Family Vacation or whatever it's called filmed there and used both Colossus and Revolution) so if I ever see a coaster in a movie or something, I always assume SFMM. It's not always the case (Zombieland wasn't filmed there) but it's very common to film at SFMM, and Viper gets used a lot as a filming coaster. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten any Hollywood recognition.

Man I'm getting off topic.

I also love how the GP tries to call some rides roller coasters that aren't. Himalayas and drop towers get this a lot.

I also love hanging around Dragster at CP just to see some members of the GP shaking in their boots when it rolls back.

And when I was there with my dad, he said "I bet most people won't want to ride Maverick since it's not tall." -_- I laughed at him SO hard when we got there to a 1-hour wait!

I have hilarious GP story for you All

Night time ERT, we are boarding SB. Some non WCB-goers manage to sneak in line behind us. On the platform, the lady told them that the ride is only open for a private event and asks them if they're part of WCB. They reply "uh, we're from the west coast!" I then turn to face them, and just flash my lanyard with straight face, solidifying what the ride attendant was saying.

They continued on about being from the west coast while I held back laughter that was at the edge of my lips. Finally they left.

My Spanish teacher has an 'expression of the week' posted outside the classroom, and this week's is "Algo es algo", which means "It's better than nothing" in English. If you try to translate it directly word for word it doesn't make sense, but that's what it means. SFMM, beware, more people than you think are onto your new slogan!

My Spanish teacher has an 'expression of the week' posted outside the classroom, and this week's is "Algo es algo", which means "It's better than nothing" in English. If you try to translate it directly word for word it doesn't make sense, but that's what it means. SFMM, beware, more people than you think are onto your new slogan!

What she said: It's better than nothing

What it really is: Something is Something