TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Today at KD: Teenage Girl: (points at Shockwave) "Isn't that the Griffon?"

Father: "No, that's at Six Flags"

Me:*facepalm*

I can probably double this entire thread with stupid guest quotes from my days as a Ride Op, but that one just stuck in head all day.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Response to a question polling what the scariest ride was)

This ride called the Tornado . There was 5 rotating sections with 4 seats a piece and when you started spinning it felt like you were about to crash into the other sections which would most likely kill you since your spinning at like 100mph and about 50 feet high. This was Somewhere in Houston when I was 9.

One thing I like about the public is that when a ride breaks down they cheer when the ride gets fixed. I love that sound! It happened at Air today. People were stuck in the station in the fllying position for 10 minutes! I waited it through though because I was in the single rider line right in the station.

I know someone who said that Volcano is the fastest roller coaster in the world, and that person had been on I305. I also saw a video on Youtube of Goliath at SFOG, and the title of that video was "FASTEST ROLLER COASTER IN THE WORLD!!!".

I saw a POV of SFMM's Goliath that said "tallest in the world." How deliriously ironic.

This is more ignorant than weird but here you go. On Thunder River at SFOG today, we were floating by the water cannons, where a family of African Americans were standing, this tool on my boat yells to them " Don't shoot me I voted for Obama" Everyone on the boat just looked at him like what in the hell did you just say.

I'm not sure how many times I've been referred to as the "DJ" when sitting in the operator booth of my ride by guests on the train. Of course I'm not sending your train out or anything, I'm here to play the music. And by "play", I mean turn the station mute on or off and let the park loop flood my station. The rest of this control panel is completely for show. See, look at all the pretty lights blink!

"I'm leaving the park now, less then a half hour ago I rode bizarro and after going down the first drop, on the way up the loop my shoulder restraint unlocked and moved halfway up. I didn't know what was going on I thought it was about to open up all the way on me. I know there are belts that hold it down but this was the scariest moment of my life. I told the ride operator about what happened and they all seemed to become freaked out and stopped the next train from being launched and closed row 5. I'm very upset about this and it will probably be a while before I'm back "

-SFGAdv's Facebook.

I heard two things this week at school:

"Apollo's Chariot is the worst coaster ever, someone got hit by a bird on it."

"In Alabama there is a 1,000 foot coaster that shoots you off a building." I told the girl that it was in Las Vegas and it wasn't even a coaster. She believed me, thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...

My entire Marketing class tried to convince me that Kingda Ka wasn't safe because it goes faster than 100 mph. Then I tried to tell them that there is now a coaster faster than that and they thought it was a bad idea to have it in the middle east because it might get blown up by terrorists. Have to love public school.

While looking at BBW on youtube, I see this comment.

They actually removed it because the coaster was to low to the ground in spots. Some idiot lost his hat and hopped the fence going to look for it and got his head sliced off. You can still see the cement foundation for the poles though. Have you noticed how all the other BG roller coasters are high flyers now? This is why

WHAT!!?!?!?!

Edited by Hugecoltsfan