Person: "No, it used to be gold just like an actual Griffon."

Me: "No, it has always been blue."

Person: "No, I was just here last year."

Me: "..."

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try preparing to board Iron Wolf, and then seeing that the buckle is covered in spit. The ride operators didn't even do anything about it except offer me a ride on the next train!

I had an opposite experience with that. When I was working on Batman: The Dark Knight in '08, somebody vomitted up a clear liquid on the restraint and part of the seatbelt...then didn't tell anybody about it. It ran one cycle with people on it. The next cycle, someone complained that the seat smelled weird, I was told not to worry about it. Both cycles, I touched the belt where there was no vomit. The third cycle, I touched it, then it occurred to me why the restraint smelled weird...

Today in BGW;

Person: "Oh look, they repainted Griffon!"

Me: "No they didn't. It's always been blue."

Person: "No, it used to be gold just like an actual Griffon."

Me: "No, it has always been blue."

Person: "No, I was just here last year."

Me: "..."

Well, he was half right- they did give Griffon a fresh coat of paint this year!

Me and my friend were walking home from school, and were talking about supreme scream.

Him: "That ride is insane! Its like Yeah just drop me 300 feet to the ground at 180 MPH!

me: Yeah. hahaha, only theres no roller coaster that goes 180 MPH.

Him: Are you kidding me?!

Me: really. Where?

Him: There in florida! Dude.

In line for Gwazi when the Lion side breaks down (It gets stuck on the break run in clear view of everyone, Heck they even announced it) The man behind me says "I want to get out of here! This ride isn't safe! They ran it with people and it broke, were all going to get killed!"

Honestly, are you that much of an idiot to think that these coasters haven't been tested like crazy and are safer than most things?

Then, I ask my friend after riding Gwazi how he liked it he said "Not as much as a steel coaster, It feels like its about to go down!" Then he proceeded to ask me why there is no Steel on the coaster.....Um maybe because its a WOODEN COASTER!

Oh well, the GP makes everything funnier!

From BGW on Sunday while standing in line for Apollo. Some 13-ish year old kid.

"Yeah, like, The Griffon is better than this one cause, like, it does flips and corkscrews and stuff."

How have you not gotten used to this? It's like at Kings Dominion when people are convinced Volcano is better than I-305, because I-305 doesn't go upside down.

The GP has an odd fascination with inversions...

Then again, I did have someone on my Apollo's ride this Saturday on the first drop scream to stop the ride because the restraint wasn't tight enough and they couldn't remain seated...

"Yeah, like, The Griffon is better than this one cause, like, it does flips and corkscrews and stuff."

How have you not gotten used to this? It's like at Kings Dominion when people are convinced Volcano is better than I-305, because I-305 doesn't go upside down.

Then again, I did have someone on my Apollo's ride this Saturday on the first drop scream to stop the ride because the restraint wasn't tight enough and they couldn't remain seated...

Oh I'm used to it, believe me. Still cracks me up regardless. Last year at Carowinds I would frequently hear people say Carolina Cobra and/or Nighthawk were better than Intimidator because they went upside down/faced the ground/went backwards. I literally laughed in a 10 year old girl's face when she told me how much better Cobra was than Intimidator.

Pretty much every single person in my school says that Six Flags America is the only Six Flags park in the country and when I try to tell them they are wrong they look at me crazy and call me retarded. I also know people who say Anaconda is the best ride in the world because "It has a lot of loop-de-loops!" I am so sick of people calling them loop-de-loops, at least some people I know are have enough sense and aren't completely ignorant.

I heard an ACEr call Wicked Twister, Twisted Sister!

Also, I hear people all the time calling inversions 'loop-de-loops.' I hate that! I've heard people say rides go over a hundred miles an hour, when its the wooden coaster or something like that. Just in general, people have no clue what they're talking about! I always feel like the nerd giving people the correct stats and history.

What bothers me most though is people who think more coasters and 'loop-de-loops' make a park/coaster better. Making Cedar Point the most talked about park in my school, especially Dragster which I swear 95% of the school think it's the tallest and fastest coaster in the world. The other 5% have been told better by me!

My friend said this yesterday, and I was about to start a huge debate but decided my social life was more important than roller coasters. Which sometimes I find hard to believe.

But Apollo has always been my favorite ride...

Then they will turn around and say its better than every woodie because its taller

While waiting on the Demon's brake run at California's Great America, the lady sitting behind us was asking her kid:

"Did you like the circles?" (I'm assuming she was referring to the loops).

"What about the twirls?" (Corkscrew?)

Also, while getting off of the Endeavor (looping pirate ship), some lady, who was also getting off, said to no one in particular:

"Do not ride this ride if you have breast implants!"

...Speaking from experience, perhaps?

While waiting in the line for Sheikra, a woman asked her son if Scorpion was Sheikra. As if she couldn't see that it wasn't connected at all!

However, I have heard A LOT of confusion from the point of view from Timbuktu over which coaster is Sheikra and which is Scorpion.

^They're both red and blue and both of them have names starting with an "s." I can definitely see if, say its a person's first trip to the park, them becoming a bit confused, especially when they are lined up in almost a straight line from each other. Now if you get someone who has been to the park before saying that, then that's a comment for this thread.

^They're both red and blue and both of them have names starting with an "s." I can definitely see if, say its a person's first trip to the park, them becoming a bit confused, especially when they are lined up in almost a straight line from each other. Now if you get someone who has been to the park before saying that, then that's a comment for this thread.

Since ya know, orange and red are the same color to the GP

Well, these two people in my health class were going over which is better USO or KD and heres what I heard.

Girl: The Terminator at KD is my favorite ride.

Guy: Well I h8 the rebel yell because it just goes up and down.

Im thinking to myself of course it goes up and down its wooden.

Guy: the incredible hulk is the best coaster ever

Girl: That sounds like it sucks

Guy: No it doesn't because you go up this tube and then you just stop. Then your thinking what is going on and then it shoots you out and you spin all the way down the drop. Its basically like anaconda at KD.

CCOOOMMMEEE OOOnn

In line for Vampire at Chessington...

Friend 1: OMG! Did you see that? The back car of Vampire has three seats! We can sit together now!

Me: No It dosn't. Your an idiot.

Friend 1: But it does!

(Later on when the next train comes out)

Friend 1: Look, I told you it has two seats at the back and not three!

Me: Whatever...

Vampire was a massive let down of a coaster though! Dragon's Fury is the best followed bythe new Kobra.

My best ones within the past year:

"Lets get back in line for Interminator!" Dominator & Intimidator are extremely confusing apparently!

"They had to get rid of Big Bad Wolf to make room for Mach Tower..." It is on the opposite side of the path...

"Dollywood is bigger than Disney World!" Gotta love band kids and their theme park knowledge!

I have been reading this topic for a few years now laughing and hoping I could hear some of this stuff. The weirdest stuff I have heard at my homepark is "Look at Drop Tower, it's over 400 foot tall" or "That coaster there goes over 100 mph" Not too weird if you think about it. So they get some stats wrong, but last Sunday I had a conversation with a woman that I had to put on this list.

While standing in line for Rebel Yell a woman turned to me and asked,

Woman: Whice one is this?

Me: Ah, Rebel Yell. A white wooden coaster.

Woman: What does it do?

Me: Well, it's an out and back coaster. It turns around by I305 over there.

Woman: But does it go upside down?

Me: no

As I got off RY My gf said to me,

gf: Wow, a wood coaster that goes upside down, I don't think that's possible.

Me: Well Son of Beast at KI had a loop but they took it out, and few old coasters had loops back it the day.

gf: Really? Why they take out the loop? Injuries?

Me: Something like that, and the trains were too heavy.

Now its about this time that I started to realize what a geek I am. Sometimes I think we know way more than any human being should about this coaster stuff.

So I ask this, whos really the weirdest? The GP or coaster GEEKS?

Today at great adventure I heard a little kid next to me on tornado(fantasy fling) have this conversation

kid 1: What happened to fantasy fling!?

kid 2: It still here were on it now just repainted.

kid 1: No they wouldn't do that, its defiantly new.

kid 2: your probably right.

Then the kid 2 just ripped out his cell phone and called his mom, the ride op had to E-stop it and start it up again.