TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems all GP's feel unsafe on rollercoasters with just lapbars. 3 days ago I was getting off Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket and someone said OH MY GOSH I WAS GONNA FALL OUT IT WAS JUST A LITTLE BAR THATS IT!!! I just slapped myself across my face. Another time I was just going through the entrance to Expedition Everest and a kid wanted to go on. The mom screams NO WAY will I let you go on that ride it only has a little bar and goes upsidedown 3 times in the mountain I've been on it.

I was in line for Mamba at Worlds of Fun, and some kids were sure that they couldn't run all three trains. They'd run into each other, you know. I just told them they can run all three with no problems. No need to go into block systems and all.

I suppose this goes on at every park when multiple trains are running on a coaster. They can't have more than one!!! They'll crash!!!

If I remember right, I think the Orient Express even had three-train operation, but that was rare. Two-train operation with a slow load meant a nice sudden stop at the break run before the station. Yeah, that was fun.

At DCA the other day, I over heard a conversation next to me amongst two individuals who were looking at CA Screamin'.

First person: "Have you ever been on that big ride over there?"

Second person: "No.. I won't go on roller coasters.. I'm afraid the wheels will come off."

(my inside response: "good.. keep the line shorter for all of us.")

Last time I was at Magic Mountain, X2coasterfreak and I were on Tatsu. On the brake-run, we overheard a lady talking to her friend in the row in front of us. She said something along the lines of:

"I'm not going on Superman when it reopens because they are changing the ride, so you're in this position."

We just looked at each other, smiled and laughed.

Last time I was at Magic Mountain, X2coasterfreak and I were on Tatsu. On the brake-run, we overheard a lady talking to her friend in the row in front of us. She said something along the lines of:

"I'm not going on Superman when it reopens because they are changing the ride, so you're in this position."

Isn't that the truth? You are going backwards on the brake-run of X2, right?

Isn't that the truth? You are going backwards on the brake-run of X2, right?

They meant the flying position. We were on Tatsu.

A person at my camp called Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland (SLC) "greatest coaster ever." Though to be fair, I found it to be a really good one, but still. Another one came on that same trip when we were at Marineland, and saw Dragon Mountain being advertised as "the world's largest steel coaster." My friend and I agreed that there was no way a park like Marineland could hold any major record, so I said, "I know a few coasters are made out of wood, what else are they made out of?" (I wasn't into coasters at this point.) My friend replied, "I don't know, titanium?"

I love how people were complaining on Kings Island's Facebook page about their dinosaur announcement. First there were comments like "its 2:01 " and then once they did announce it people started complaining, talking about Son of Beast, and then saying things like "‎5 bucks!!!!! FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!" and "this is dumb it takes to much space and 5 bucks come on why not a giga coaster".

When I was heading up the Sky Tower on Saturday with a family of three. It was perfect timing right as Tatsu was wrapping around the tower. Then the dad says "Whoa! Look at that! We should definitely go on Ninja later!"

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting in Vortex's brake run, the people behind me were figuring out what ride to do next. Demon's lift is within view as they're pointing to that coaster saying "Isn't that Flight Deck? Where's Demon? That ride's hidden!" Suddenly they notice 2 of Demon's vertical loops and say "Let's do that one, it has more flips! But where's Demon at?"

The whole time I'm hearing this conversation behind me, I'm holding myself from laughing as the coaster they're pointing at and talking about is the Demon. And of course, I hear the ever-so-classic question from a little girl waiting for the next train for Vortex: "Does this ride go upside down?" The attendent told them that it happens real quick-like.

It's funny how people openly admit that they spit/drop objects on tower rides such as Drop Tower. In return, they claim that ride attendants make such a big deal over small stuff like that. Once again, on CGA's Facebook.

Forgot to add this one with my last GP-isms. Last sunday when riding Flight Deck, we had a brief stop on the lift. (Yay, first lifthill stall credit!). The guys next to me began freaking out as well as the rest of the riders in the train. I said to my cousin, but in a loud enough voice that "we are perfectly safe up here, nothing's going to happen" followed by sarcastic remarks like "Someone get the national news, we're safely stuck on a lifthill!" After about a minute waiting, a ride attendant over the loudspeakers told us that our ride should begin momentarily. Followed by that, the guys next to me were sarcastically saying "Oh, I feel real safe now!" Funny how people overreact when a ride gets stuck on the lift.

And not so much of what is said but more of things that are done...why do people find it so amusing to spit on tower rides and inverting ship rides anyway? Do they not realize people down below really don't want their saliva on them? I guess not.

^What the heck? That's some great service....

I work in foods, and here's the question that at least one person asks at the end of every night-- "Hey how 'bout you give me some free food!" To which I respond, "No, I'm sorry that I'm not able to do that. If you want something, I have to charge you full price for it". Then, regardless of the fact that I'm the one who's been trained and has worked there for several seasons, they try to tell me why I'm wrong. I usually get a response like "No, you should because its late at night and you're just going to have to throw it out anyways." Then after I explain it again, they usually say "(insert name of random park here) does it!". My favorite response to that one is "this isn't (name of park mentioned)".