TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

I have a friend who lives in Michigan. I sent her a video of Shivering Timbers. She said, "I don't like riding old wooden coasters."

I checked rcdb.com. The coaster was built in 1998 and I sent her that date.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard many people say that every wooden coaster is older than steel coasters.

lol I used to think that. I thought that they didn't make any wooden coasters after the 70s. I saw a show that profiled Thunderhead and I thought it was crazy old.

^/^^ That kind of misconception has always amused me...in fact I think my only (pretty forgettable) quotes in this thread have been from people with that mindset.

I don't even know what I used to think. I knew there were both wood and metal coasters, and I probably just took it for granted that they would still make some out of wood, as I don't remember that being a surprise to me.

I was talking with my friend about East Coast Bash this is how the conversation went:

Me: "I went to Kings Dominion for an event called East Coast Bash..."

Friend:"Which Kings Dominion?"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Friend: "There's more than one Kings Dominion on the East Coast."

Me: "No, there's a Kings Island in Ohio if that's what you're thinking of."

Friend: "No there isn't."

Me: "Yes there is."

Friend: "Okay, if you say so."

On SFNE's Facebook page... On a photo of Arkham Gauntlet or whatever.

Its a wild mouse.

"judging by the loops and dips, this must be a kiddie coaster."

SERIOUSLY?! HOW THE HELL DID YOU SEE LOOPS IN THERE?!

Also, Inversions + Kiddie Coaster? WTF?!

On SFNE's Facebook page... On a photo of Arkham Gauntlet or whatever.

Its a wild mouse.

"judging by the loops and dips, this must be a kiddie coaster."

SERIOUSLY?! HOW THE HELL DID YOU SEE LOOPS IN THERE?!

Also, Inversions + Kiddie Coaster? WTF?!

A lot of times, the GP considers twists and turns as "loops." Its almost as annoying as hearing them called "loop de loops."

"Excuse me, where's the Matterhorn?"

"We don't have the Matterhorn Bobsleds here. Let me show you on the guidemap..."

"Oh, I don't need a guidemap. I've been to Disneyland, I know where I'm going."

"That's perfectly fine. The Dream Along with Mickey show in front of Cinderella Castle starts in a few minutes."

"Where's Cinderella Castle?"

"It's the large castle at the end of Main Street."

"Oh, no, that's Sleeping Beauty Castle. I've been to Disneyland, I've told you."

Proof that you don't know everything about Disney parks if you've only been to one.

And, all that time, I was wearing a large four-fingered white glove on my hand. Kind of hard to take me seriously, no?

True, Im a regular at disneyland, but it took a while to figure MK out,lol.

Here's another one from sister who is a ride op at VF: People would take their kids who were under the height limit all to the station of Wild Thing, and when they were told their kid was too short to ride, they would respond with, "Oh, that's okay. I can just hold them in."

How people rationalize something like that is beyond me.

Here's another one from sister who is a ride op at VF: People would take their kids who were under the height limit all to the station of Wild Thing, and when they were told their kid was too short to ride, they would respond with, "Oh, that's okay. I can just hold them in."

How people rationalize something like that is beyond me.

Because air time and g-force just simply cannot hold up to the powers of stupid logic.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Magic Mountain Facebook:

"i miss viper:(

that ride was awesome

btw i think the green latern seems cool"

I love weird phony rumors that somehow get spread about rides and stuff at parks. And I love how everybody is convinced that they are right about the rumors.

From the Magic Mountain Facebook:

"i miss viper:(

that ride was awesome

btw i think the green latern seems cool"

I love weird phony rumors that somehow get spread about rides and stuff at parks. And I love how everybody is convinced that they are right about the rumors.

Maybe they saw a picture of GASM being removed and being replaced by Gadv's Green Lantern and thought it was Viper? Both have a red track and white supports, I don't know if the GP would be able to tell the difference between the two at first glance.

From CGA's FB: Someone posted a picture from several years back at CGA when Triple Play was running. One of the responses was "Is the park open already? I see people!" I commented the photo and stated how I missed Triple Play. Someone after me commented how Triple Play's parts were used for the Peanuts Pirates (Breakdancer) ride.

Watching a video on Youtube of Invertigo, I was reading the comments to see if anyone would have been talking about the ride's removal but surprisingly no comments about that. However there was 1 comment in regards to the mishap: Someone stated that 'They took it apart and rebuilt the ride so they could find what the problem was.' The news back when the incident did say how the ride was going to be disassembled so I guess the GP took it to the extreme and figured the ride was fully disassembled and rebuilt. Now though, you can say the ride was/is in the process of being disassembled...

This doesn't have anything to do with theme parks or coasters, but while I was riding Sheikra last week, I'm pretty sure that the kid next to me said he wanted to be the first astronaut to the sun, but he wants to go at night, when it's not so hot. I think he was just joking with his friends, but it was odd.

I have a Holiday World story to contribute.

While discussing planning my trip to Holiday World with two older co-workers.

One says "That place is still open I can't believe it. They have been open forever and they lose tons of money every year."

I say "They can't be losing too much money they are adding a multimillion dollar water coaster this year."

His reply,"You gotta be joking me how can they just be throwing money away like that!"

Mine "Well they did have over a million visitors last year so I think they are doing pretty well."

His final word,"No way in the world that has ever happened!"

Gotta love'em!!

Two things overheard at SFMM last weekend (Feb 21, 2011).

While waiting in line for Apocalypse... "They got rid of the Terminator theme because Disney bought the Terminator license."

While waiting for Superman to open and sitting next to the 'There's some kind of Magic happening here' sign that explains the ride is closed. "So uh... when is the magic show?"

Not exactly weird but more typical GP talk. On this photo...

...in an album clearly titled "Vortex 2011"...

-OMG you guys added a loop to THE intimidator!!!

- nope! this is the vortex! they repainted it!

-you're kidding me! Its the intimidator duh! look at the colors!

-They. Re. Painted. It.

-1: look at the name of the photo album.

2: have an epiphany. everything makes sense now.

- Oh my god thats cool

-they repainted THE intimidator? but its pratically brand new!?@?!?!

- Wow....youre a genius. Shows how many times you have been to carowinds. Yes, they repainted the intimidator and added a loop, now go to carowinds and ride it. Then tell us about how much it has changed.

-lol man, some of you guys make this too easy!

-its the same colors as the intiminator (aka diamondback) but they kept the red and added sliver or white to it.

Link