TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaaat? Lmao how did I not see that? Hahaha. I love riding footless coasters. They're the best kind.

Actually, footless coasters aren't actually an acquired term in the industry; it was a typo made by the user on youtube. He meant to say floorless.

( )

I didn't know where to put this, in here or the SFMM thread, but I decided here was best.

From reading all the comments, you can obviously tell that the GP is extremely confused on what the three new coaster experiences are. One says its Apocalypse, another says there isn't one. I've even read a comment on YouTube that its just the reopening of Deja Vu thats the third coaster.

I definitely think that SFMM needs to clarify that Superman: Escape from Krypton, Road Runner Express, and Green Lantern: First Flight are the three new coaster experiences or else theres going to be some pissed off people come Summer time. The new video with the three names at the end obviously isn't enough, especially since their main market is to teens.

But I think this takes the cake in those comments...

Yes, Superman is remodeled. A mod, maybe some refurbishing on an existing one. The math I learnt is different.

Had an indecent the other day at work with a coworker. We got to talking about amusement parks when somehow I brought up about Cedar Point. I may have originally been talking about Superman and SFMM. Anyway, she was telling me about how she went to Cedar Point and rode one called "The Superman." (Already a bit confused). I quickly try to turn things around and say "You mean the dragster coaster?" Nope. She said it was one called The Superman. I think she may have been confused with her home park, Darien Lake. Maybe she was thinking of Millennium Force as it uses the same track? Not sure. She always told me about the Superman coaster over there and how cool it was.

Had an indecent the other day at work with a coworker. We got to talking about amusement parks when somehow I brought up about Cedar Point. I may have originally been talking about Superman and SFMM. Anyway, she was telling me about how she went to Cedar Point and rode one called "The Superman." (Already a bit confused). I quickly try to turn things around and say "You mean the dragster coaster?" Nope. She said it was one called The Superman. I think she may have been confused with her home park, Darien Lake. Maybe she was thinking of Millennium Force as it uses the same track? Not sure. She always told me about the Superman coaster over there and how cool it was.

I bet she was thinking of MF. I had the same exact conversation with one of my friends a year or two ago. He kept calling Millennium, 'Superman.'

From Knoebels's facebook page:

I heard that the management from Hershey Park will be taking the park over this year. Did anyone else hear this?

*Sigh* The good-ole Hershey/Knoebels Buyout Comment. This GP comment gets more annoying year after year.

O k I have two.

The first was while waiting in line for gwazi at BGT. There were two girls about my age (18-19ish) waiting behind me. This is how their conversation went down.

Girl 1: I've never been on this coaster before.

Girl 2: Well, it's not really a coaster because it's made of wood.

Girl 1: really?

Girl 2: Ya, all coasters are made out of steel.

The second one was while looking at the construction site of cheetah hunt at BGT before any track had been put in place. A guy walks up next to me and asks me this.

Guy: What is gonna be here?

Me: A new coaster. It's going to be really great. It will have three launch sections and a cool figure 8 element. It''s gonna go through Rhino Rally's old water portion.

Guy: Will it be taller than Sheikra?

Me: No, but it will...(ramble on about all the ride specs)

Guy: Well I don't see a point in riding it if it isn't taller than Sheikra.

Me: (walks away)

*Watching Ski Patrol at Arapahoe Basin avalanche blasting*

Person: What's going on?

Me: Avalanche blasting. It keeps the mountain safe.

Person: I don't see how killing people with these avalanches is going to help.

That's halarious. I didn't know that mountains even did dynamite blasting until when I went to Mammoth during the December blizzard.

I was just watching a POV of Medusa (Great Adventure) And there was a comment that said "This is the same layout as Kraken!" And the other said "This isn't Medusa! This is Scream at SFMM but they re-painted it!" Sad thing was those were the highest rated comments.

My sister was a ride op at VF, and a guy was in line for Wild Thing when the they did the daily maintenance checkup. (which causes about twenty minutes of downtime or so) He reacted by throwing a hissyfit and making an idiot of him in general. Oh, and his 8~ year old daughter was with him.

What makes it even dumber is that you can ride every ride at VF worth riding within five hours, and the park wasn't even that busy that day.

^They might! Invertigo got stuck on it's drop (Though this is a completely different animal altogether). To the GP, they won't know the difference if the chain snapped causing a bind or if the 'motors on the trains died.'

In the light of the Invertigo removal:

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU GET RID OF THE BEST RIDE THERE???????????????? IM NEVER GOING AGAIN!!!!THERE IS NO POINT IF THE BEST RIDE IS GONE!

And I thought some of the posts here were a little off beat

(From CGA's Facebook page).

I was at Adventure World (now Six Flags America). At the wave pool, two women were talking and one of them asked the other "Have the been on Mind Eraser, it's exactly like Alpengeist." I thought to my self, no it's not! One is from Vekmoma (SLC) and the other is from B&M (Inverted). The only thing they have in common is that your feet dangle and there are multiple inversions. Oh, and Mind Eraser is one of the most aptly named roller coasters, because after I get off it, I feel like my mind has been mashed, bashed, and yes, erased. B&M coasters to me are so smooth and elegant, the same can't be said for most Vekoma coasters.