TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone recently posted on Kozmo Knoebel's Facebook page that they heard that Hershey bought Knoebels, and they were pretty sure that they didn't but they wanted to check. Gee, I hadn't heard that for several years now, but anyway, Kozmo of course said that it's untrue, the park is not for sale.

But then, right under that, someone else says that they've heard from reliable sources that it's been bought by Great Adventure. Wow! If this were anybody other than Knoebels, I could understand not trusting an official spokesperson, but a park that's BANKRUPT?

Whenever I'm in line at KI's Drop Zone, the ride op will explain that this gyro tower is the tallest and fastest gyro tower in the world. I know it's the tallest, but it's not the fastest. That belongs to KD's Drop Zone.

Alright so this isn't really a haha GP statement but more of a crazy, defensive, over reactive GP. So in line for farenheit this girl was like that lift looks really freaky, but not in a terrified tone. This guy behind her screams, " I RODE TOP THRILL DRAGSTER THEY SHOOT YOU RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE 400 FEET STRAIGHT UP AT 120 MPH! THIS IS NOT SCARY!"

I personally find vertical lifts scarier than launchs, but this guy was kinda nuts.

Whenever I'm in line at KI's Drop Zone, the ride op will explain that this gyro tower is the tallest and fastest gyro tower in the world. I know it's the tallest, but it's not the fastest. That belongs to KD's Drop Zone.

Actually, what he said was technically correct seeing as how KD's doesn't rotate.

Walking into SF America back in 2004, I heard an angry father screaming at the top of his lungs at a child sitting in a stroller "You're going to have fun today whether you want to or not."

That doesn't belong in this thread. That's not weird nor does it really fit with the GP. Parents will do that anywhere.

To contribute: When I would visit Cedar Point nearly daily, I'd sometimes sit back and listen to people in line. I was slightly amused when they'd get the facts wrong on Dragster even when they're pretty much spelled out in those signs in the line. They're right there. Or just listen to the ride host.

I like how GP call anything that isn't the tallest at a park "a baby ride".

Yeah, I have heard this before too. I once was at a telemarketing job, and my boss asked all of us what we were into, and I said roller coasters. He asked me what was the best park I have been to, and I told him that I love Kennywood--thus going on about Phantom. However, because Cedar Point's coaster count nearly tripled KW, he said he would rather go there instead of KW.

I get that mentality alot here with Cedar Point being so close.

• 2 weeks later...

a few years ago on a school trip to BGE, a kid was saying that he fell out of the car on Loch Ness on the first loop, and landed back in when the train completed the loop. very likely.

yeah and listening to idiots that think Superman at SFA is 600 feet tall and is the fastest ride in the world is very frustrating, but amusing i guess.

also while waiting for Mean Streak:

"If there was a big rainstorm, the track would fall apart cause its wood."

also while waiting for Mean Streak:

"If there was a big rainstorm, the track would fall apart cause its wood."

Although many would wish that were true it isn't.

In line for Loch Ness Monster :

"Yea, you go upside down in the tunnel about 5 times, but it goes so fast you don't even realize it."

Someone at Hersheypark was talking to his friend about riding Kingda Ka. His friend asked what park it was at and he replied by saying, Cedar Point. Now I can understand it's an honest mistake because of how CP is known for its coasters, but if you've been to SFGAdv and ridden KK, you should know what park it's at.