TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

This happened last time I visited Seaworld Orlado a few days ago. I was in the Blue horizons (dolphin) show. But it started raining so the show was cancelled (because there were lighting too). So I hear this family behind me, lets go to Manta, at this time there is no line. And im like: WTF is raining, the ride is closed, they kept talking about how to get there and I told my sister do they know everything is closed (obviusly if its outside)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At BGE in line for Loch Ness Monster,

"Yo you go upside down like 7 times in the tunnel but it goes so fast you don't feel it."

Also at BGE in line for Big Bad Wolf,

"Three weeks ago as the ride went down the drop and around the turn a car snapped off and all 4 people drowned because they were locked in."

Sigh

I was at Cedar Point about to enter the queue line for Millennium Force. A guy who was with someone walked over to see how long the line was. It read, "1/4 hour." He walked back over to his friend and said, "1/4? I don't want to wait 25 minutes!" I guess some people didn't do so well in math class.

I'm probally going to regret asking this, but here it goes. How long is 1/4 an hour exactly?

While at Lunapark yesterday, we were talking about Wonderland Sydney (defunct themepark in sydney). And one of my friends said:

"It closed because the rides were made of wood and were old and unsafe and stuff"

I guess she was referring to the wooden coaster there. I found it hilarious and just agreed..

^ Heh, I just LOVE how people assume that all wooden roller coasters are old (and sometimes dangerous). Do they forget that most homes are built from wood?

But, here in California I can kind of understand. We haven't exactly had a lot of new wooden coasters over the past 30 years.

Haha, this one's from Termination Day, while in line for X2:

There was a group of about 4 ladies behind us with what sounded like Australian accents. One of them said, "X2? Where's X I wonder?"

and this started a little conversation about the location of the 'other rollercoaster'.

Austin and I felt like telling them it 'X' was Viper, but we were sympathetic because they were pretty entertaining GP haha.

^Related story...

At my job, a couple walk in and ordered some beers, and they looked fairly young, so I carded them. They were from Washington (Seattle to be exact). So when people from out-of state visit here, I always like to ask what brings them here (my job would be boring without small talk, and the tips would be crappy) and they said "Oh we normally come down for Disneyland for the kids, but this time we want to try Magic Mountain and Knott's." Since I'm in to theme parks I start giving them a little information. Come to find out they've never been to Knott's, so I tell them out of the two I'd go to Knott's on a weekend as it tends to be less crowded as the larger MM. Then they said something I had to flinch at (I was patient since they were from out-of-town, "Yea, we haven't been to Magic Mountain since they tore down the X and put up X2". So I told them, "It's still the same ride, but with new trains for audio and they repainted it." I mean I don't whether to hug Six Flags' PR department for doing such a great job of convincing people this is a new ride or slap them for lying. In either case, I made 15 bucks off of serving two beers, so they ain't that stupid. They leave some pretty smart tips...

I have heard people in line for X2 saying things like " Where was X1? " or people thinking Viper is X1. And then there are some people that think Viper is X2. It is all very entertaining when you hear people in line think they know what they are talcking about.

Here's one that made me laugh pretty hard.

"We went right by Silverwood...there's an old wooden roller coaster there. Does it work? There's a fancy new one right next to it, so we thought maybe the old one doesn't work anymore."

Clearly it's a little known fact that wood is not in the least bit outdated.

It's also funny because Aftershock is supposed to be the one that doesn't work, seeing as how it's a Deja Vu. (I think it's been doing fine in its new home, though.)

I had a good laugh at this one on Six Flags' new TS:TR on Facebook. They put the "TAKE THE TUNNEL!" clip of the ride audio in the video just before a train enters a tunnel..

"Did I miss something....like you have a choice to take or not take the tunnel?"

I'm sorry, I just had to giggle at that. Hahaha.

In line for Xclr8r at Knott's, this lady brought a stroller up to the train. Then she asked the ride ops to watch her baby while she rode. They told her no, and she stormed off into the the line and made everyone move so she could get through with her Hummer sized stroller. It was pretty fun and I laughed about it the rest of the day.

Yesterday at SFGadv while waiting for B:TR it goes down and people are asking why and some fake enthusaist is telling everyone that sometimes during the rain the breaks accidentally engage on the tops of the loops, getting the train stuck upside down, oh and it happened to him about 6 times.....

Yesterday at SFGadv while waiting for B:TR it goes down and people are asking why and some fake enthusaist is telling everyone that sometimes during the rain the breaks accidentally engage on the tops of the loops, getting the train stuck upside down, oh and it happened to him about 6 times.....

Haha. "Fake enthusiast." Screw that guy!