TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Me: SFMM is building a wooden coaster called Terminator Salvation: The Ride

Friend: You're Wrong! They don't build wooden coasters anymore!

Me: Ya they do, it's being built by a company called GCI

Friend: So where are they moving it from? They don't make wooden coasters anymore.

Me:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I manage a Wendy's in Orlando, and 2 nights ago a family was eating inside and I walked passed them and I heard "That Shrek ride with the huge drop at Busch Gardens scared the bejesus out of me"

I don't normally hold anything against the GP, but I heard something on Thursday that really made me laugh:

Girl walking past Terminator: "That's the same roller coaster that was always there. Why are they saying it's new?"

Guy: "I know. They just put some new signs on it."

This one's a pretty good youtube one:

1: "wheres the wooden rollercoaster thats was behind it "

2: "They tore the wooden ride down because it was REALLY bumpy"

3: "no there was a wild fire"

This was on a Deja Vu video

and hi Diablo Cody!!!!

For the second time in a few weeks, I heard a weird comment on a Vekoma corkscrew...

Once the train hit the brake run, I heard a lady behind me comment on how the ride is too slow and they should increse the speed. She then proceeded to ask the ride operator to increase the ride speed, which is when I explained that the ride is powered by gravity.

I mean, I understand that not all people are that educated about coasters, but is it really that hard to tell the ride is not powered?

For the second time in a few weeks, I heard a weird comment on a Vekoma corkscrew...

Once the train hit the brake run, I heard a lady behind me comment on how the ride is too slow and they should increse the speed. She then proceeded to ask the ride operator to increase the ride speed, which is when I explained that the ride is powered by gravity.

I mean, I understand that not all people are that educated about coasters, but is it really that hard to tell the ride is not powered?

The powered/not powered argument is really one of the most common things out there. I guess they've never really thought about coasters in an enthusiast way, so it's not like they'd really understand how the brakes work. I had a discussion with a friend of mine a while ago about how it would suck if a coaster got stuck in the loop. He just assumed the ride op controlled whenever the coaster stopped or started, and that the brakes were on the car.

I've also had a few good conversations about how NZ needs a good woodie. Of course, we can't have one because "they don't make them anymore". Or "you can't make a rollercoaster out of wood!"

It really is sad how little people in New Zealand actually know about rollercoasters. It makes me sad, there's just nothing for anyone to compare it to.

Ok, I find it annoying whenever I see a 3-D Promo and look in the comments and find.

"OMG! Its RCT4"

or

"RCT3 does not look that good"

It really does piss me because I'm an RCT Gamer, and an enthusiast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAZAFCdrF8o&feature=related

The comments on this one are funny

-Matthew K.

EDIT:(man, everyone seems to like finding the spell check error, then making a post about it, jeez)

ROTFLMAO.

"This program is used by most companies to promote their coasters. Its called 3DMax. Its an animation software and it's about $500. No joke."

An AUTODESK product for FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS? ITS A FREAKING MIRACLE!!!

(For anyone who doesn't know, a SINGLE license of Autodesk 3DS Max is $3495)

Jacob "Has a copy of Autodesk Inventor 2010, AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 and could actually get a 13 month license of 3DS Max for free if I wished. Thank you Autodesk student community!" S.

Heard lots of funny things yesterday while on Goliath. But don't remember the majority of them.

One thing i noticed is that A LOT of people duck their head on the tunnel on Goliath. As if the designers didn't think it through or something. And then at the end of ride some talk about how they almost hit their head. But I guess if it makes the ride more intense for people then thats a good thing.

I also love it how people freak out about their restraint being loose when restraints haven't even been locked. As if they are going to dispatch the train without checking.

Heard lots of funny things yesterday while on Goliath. But don't remember the majority of them.

One thing i noticed is that A LOT of people duck their head on the tunnel on Goliath. As if the designers didn't think it through or something. And then at the end of ride some talk about how they almost hit their head. But I guess if it makes the ride more intense for people then thats a good thing.

I also love it how people freak out about their restraint being loose when restraints haven't even been locked. As if they are going to dispatch the train without checking.

I'm guilty of ducking on Goliath. I did it when I was two feet shorter than I am now, I'm probably going to be shitting myself next time I go on it. It's something I have an irrational fear of - same with hitting my feet on inverted coasters.

^Sadly i can't remember if I used to duck or not. I sure don't anymore. The palm tree outside of the entrance to the tunnel used to be too long and it would hit your hand. But its all trimmed not. Some people like fetal position duck though. haha Like big men that look like they could break you in half.

I don't normally hold anything against the GP, but I heard something on Thursday that really made me laugh:

Girl walking past Terminator: "That's the same roller coaster that was always there. Why are they saying it's new?"

Wow. I heard the same thing from some girls who were in line behind us for Goliath on Saturday night. They were saying that "this new Terminator is the same ride that was always there, just with theming."

Yet people still don't make the connection that X2 is just an upgraded version of X.

Also, at Knott's yesterday, this kid's dad was telling his kid that SFMM has "this same ride like this (pointing to Boomerang) called Riddler's Revenge." I don't see any way how those two can be compared.

Wow. I heard the same thing from some girls who were in line behind us for Goliath on Saturday night. They were saying that "this new Terminator is the same ride that was always there, just with theming."

Yet people still don't make the connection that X2 is just an upgraded version of X.

Also, at Knott's yesterday, this kid's dad was telling his kid that SFMM has "this same ride like this (pointing to Boomerang) called Riddler's Revenge." I don't see any way how those two can be compared.

Haha! GP, think they're smarter than all the other GP. and I agree, I do not understand how Riddler could possibly be compared to Boomerang!

To be fair when I was younger I thought the spine carried a power line and powered the coaster...

^Its probably also someone just not thinking about it, since quite often when I was younger if you shouted 'FASTER!' at the ride op on a fairground ride they would make it go faster. I guess they just thought it was the same.

My friend did also say that at Alton Towers though when we were waiting for Air. 'well if its not electric how does it go round the track?'

^wind turbines...DUH!!!

I had to go back to page 83 to remember this. I recently went to Busch Gardens with some friends, and one just happens to say "It's awesome when Sheikra goes in on the drop."

Me, being the crazy coaster loving and knower of all things coaster (yea right!) says "It is perfectly 90 degrees. It's an illusion from when you lift from your seat then get pushed back the G's"

"No it's not!"

"Look."

He did...he shut up.

This guy who posted a video on youtube of Texas Giant was talking about how unsafe it was and how the train flies of the track. When corrected and told about upstops, he said

upstops are for steal coasters. This *bleep* was just RICKETY!

Probably because everyone thinks Riddler's Revenge is Deja Vu and Deja Vu can be compared to Boomerang. I think I've heard someone point to Riddler's or ask "which one" it is and someone will say Deja Vu. Then Deja Vu is just...decoration?

Yeah I heard a guy at Valleyfair the other day telling his friend that the drop on Raging Bull goes past 90 degrees, and that was why it made you feel like you would fall out.

I would assume it's because you can't see the whole drop even once you crest the pre-drop. Rides where the angle of the drop is depressed enough as to where you can't see the track where you're going can seem like it's steeper than a 90* drop especially to the non-enthusiast.

Anyways: I love this thread & always find myself stopping back in on it for a laugh.

According to my friend: "There is this ride in Las Vegas on top of this HUGE tower(he means High Roller on the Stratosphere tower which has now closed. I don't find that funny though since I wouldn't expect him to know given we live in Scotland) that spirals all the way down from like 2000 feet and you can wave at everyone as you go down the floors." I was just like: "Uhh... what?!?!?" He also said it was the scariest ride he's ever been on. I could understand that if it was anything like the one he described but... High Roller? The scariest ride? Wtf... He's not scared of heights either.