TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

I was standing in line for a river ride at Mountain Creek one time and this group of kids in back of me were talking about their coaster exploits; trying to top one anothers bravery and acheivements. Of course, as those conversations go amongst kids, the stats they gave for each coaster were insanely overblown. My favorite part was when one kid started talking about the Sea Serpent, a Vekoma Boomerang at Morey's Piers:

Kid 1: "I was on this one ride in Wildwood, called the Sea Serpent. It was like 300 feet high and went 150mph!"

Kid 2: "Whoa! Are you serious?!"

Kid 1: "Okay, I'm lying a bit; it was only about 200 feet high and went 100mph."

Being the jerk that I am, I chimed in after that saying that it was indeed 300 feet high and 150mph.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently I was sitting at lunch with a bunch of my co-workers while on break. In the employee cafeteria there are pictures of rides on the walls. One of them is a picture of Flight Deck at CGA. Everyone was completely convinced that it was Afterburn, even though the train in the picture has no decals on the wheel covers and the track is black. They wouldn't believe me even after explaining the difference in the track. They just passed it off saying, it used to be painted black, no, no it didn't...

I work with the gp.

Yes we do..

Recently I was sitting at lunch with a bunch of my co-workers while on break. In the employee cafeteria there are pictures of rides on the walls. One of them is a picture of Flight Deck at CGA. Everyone was completely convinced that it was Afterburn, even though the train in the picture has no decals on the wheel covers and the track is black. They wouldn't believe me even after explaining the difference in the track. They just passed it off saying, it used to be painted black, no, no it didn't...

I work with the gp.

Yes we do..

That is an understatement...

Unfortunately.

On Sunday, I was at my home park (SFOG) and I am waiting on some friends to ride Acrophobia. As I am sitting there I see this large black man and his family looking at Acro and the family wants to ride it until the father says, "we ain't riding that especially after that girl got her head cut off!" I busted out laughing. What a tard!

This is a directs quote from me at knotts scary farm in line for the clowns maze last 3 days ago. (I HATE!!! CLOWNS)

My Friend:" You know that clowns are just people wearing makeup, they dont even count as monsters."

Me: Thats what they want you to think

My Friend: Huh

Me: Clowns are the scariest monsters of all( pause for effect) clowns are rapists.

I made everyone in the line next to us laugh crazy hard.

Oh great, I guess I am gonna get labeled as a racist now especially since my avatar has men in white hoods. I wasn't even thinking about it when I typed it. It means nothing. Why are people so f'ing sensitive on these boards? You don't hear me being sensitive when someone says fag or that something is gay, even though I am gay.

The description off a youtube video.

This is California Screaming at Disney's California Adventure. Perhaps their best ride ever and fastest longest ride at more than 75mph with upside down turns, spins and loops. This is an all wood rollercoaster. A fast sudden launching rollercoaster one would have to be brave enough to ride but try doing it front row holding onto nothing but your digital camera to record the whole ride with no handle bars. I did it with the bulky Sony DSC-H9. I feel this is my best rollercoaster video to date!

The video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CthPlgVADac&feature=related

How dose any one mistake this ride for a wood coaster?

^Well it was designed to look like a wooden roller coaster, and maybe the person thinks that because it "has" a wooden structure, it means that it is a wooden coaster.

At fright fest, this group of teenagers standing in front of Iron Wolf got confused because the coaster they wanted to ride was called Iron Wolf on the map, and yet the ride they saw was called Predator. The same thing happened with a different group in front of American Eagle/Black Widow.

• 3 weeks later...

My cousin asked a smart one today on the log ride at CGA. Anyone riding a log flume knows that they typically have a turntable station. As we boarded our logs, she asked me if the hub of the turn table (where the stairs come down to) was spinning. I think told her that we are staying entirely still, the whole park is rotating around us.

^Height is different than drop. Now, I wasn't there, but going by what you said, he was right. Oblivion is 65 feet tall, so three times sixty-five would be 195 feet. Sheikra is 200 feet tall, so Sheikra is just about three times the height of Oblivion.

At Great America Saturday, these teenagers were asking a worker what happened to Deja vu. While that is not dumb, it is that they seemed to think that it was somewhere else in the park. They kept looking at the park map, and asking more questions, and they didn't seem to understand that the coaster was not at the park anymore.

This was heard by my friend and I (last saturday) in the line for Coaster at my home park, Playland (PNE).

Boy 1: Hey, did you hear that some guy died on Wild Mouse?

Boy 2: Really? Not recently, right?

Boy 1: The guy was so fat he tipped the car over.

I was loling for the rest of the day... haven't they ever heard of wheels?

My cousin asked a smart one today on the log ride at CGA. Anyone riding a log flume knows that they typically have a turntable station. As we boarded our logs, she asked me if the hub of the turn table (where the stairs come down to) was spinning. I think told her that we are staying entirely still, the whole park is rotating around us.

I've been on a few log flumes, and have never seen one with a turntable station.

This is one for anyone that went to the Knott's Haunt. I am a ride op and was standing at Hat Dance. Someone came up to me and asked, "Where is Quarantine?" I had to keep from laughing when I said, "Right behind you."

Same thing happaned with Cornstaulkers. People walking around with maps would walk back to Dragon Swing, realize it wasn't there, and then turn around. I had gotten a bit of maps this year (to keep in my pocket for a visual guide for people) and the map was not difficult to read.

Me: I'm gonna go to Magic Mountain this weekend, wanna come?

GP: They tore that place down.

Me: No they didn't there was a rumor that the park was going to be sold, but it didn't pan out.

GP: I saw them tearing down all the roller coasters.

Me: They removed two roller coasters recently, Psyclone and Flashback. Maybe you mean those?

GP: No, when I was driving by I saw all the roller coasters being destroyed. They're building houses there now.

Me: *finds new friend*

^Well it's a bit silly but I don't think it's stupid enough to go in this thread. It's very common for people not to want to do stuff after they saw them in a horror movie. Like flying, after seeing a movie about a plane crash

It was more because that movie was plain AWFUL!

And i think most people are smart enough to know that roller coasters can't be "possessed" and put a curse on the people who rode it that they would die in really random ways that were perfectly avoidable.

This one isn't really stupid but i thought it was funny and sorta cute too.

When i was at Darien lake on Mind Eraser there were these two little girls in the row in front of me. They were probably about 12 and 7 years old. Well, after the ride hit the break run, the older girl was laughing hysterically and then asked the younger one " hahaha, are you okay?". Then i hear this extremely tiny, pathetic and scared voice go " no"

I've been on a few log flumes, and have never seen one with a turntable station.

Well, it's not exactly a "log" flume, but Jet Stream at Magic Mountain does.

While i was waiting for Lochness Monster, these two girls were looking over at Griffon and one of them says " i would be so scared if griffon stopped up there and they had to get you off" and the second (smart) girl says " Well, it wouldn't be that bad, see. they have and elevator thing" and the first girl replies " no i mean like on the drop"

Back when I worked as a Ride Op at Knott's @ Xcel:

Guest:What are those fins for on the track?

Me: They're brakes, in case the train doesn't make it over the top and rollers back into the station.

G:What if it does make it over?

M: That's why they retract, so they don't interfere with launching.

G: Those things sound pointless, you guys should just hit an e-stop or something

(I thought to myself at this point he was some dumb ACEr who LIKED riding coasters but didn't understand how they work)

M: An e-stop wouldn't be very effective without brakes.

Me and my cousins in Toronto in line for Behemoth.

Second youngest cousin: Will I pass out from the intensity of this ride?

Me: No...

Second youngest cousin: Will i fall out then because I'm too skinny?

Me: Well I don't think so, because look, theres like 10 year olds just got off the ride and they're quite skinny. (my cousin is 14)