TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend: "I went to SFOT and rode this ride called Titan which is like Goliath at SFMM but so much taller and faster."

Dad: :::stares at Goliath::: "Wow, that ride has a loop on its side, is that possible?"

Another Friend: "Dude, S:TE once went backwards through the station and broke off the track and started rolling down the hill with people in it. That's why they never run the left side anymore."

People in Valencia: "You can't go to SFMM anymore, it's closed."

Kid: (Standing in about a 1 hour line for TTD) Says to me, "Hey man, you're brave enough to take on the Dragster? You're my main man, I'm glad to finally meet someone else brave enough!"

I love that one. I told people all the time, I work at six flags as a supervisor. Then they ask "Isn't it closed?"

I just want to reply "Yep, I get paid to hold the sign that says CLOSED"

Today I was on the Jackrabbit at Kennywood and there were 2 teen-age girls sitting in front of me. When the ride op came to check their seatbelts, they heald the seatbelt in their hand and said "are we supposed to buckle these?"

They could have just gotten off the Exterminator where the seatbelts are only supposed to be buckled when a child is riding.

Today I was on the Jackrabbit at Kennywood and there were 2 teen-age girls sitting in front of me. When the ride op came to check their seatbelts, they heald the seatbelt in their hand and said "are we supposed to buckle these?"

They could have just gotten off the Exterminator where the seatbelts are only supposed to be buckled when a child is riding.

True, but the Jackrabbit dosn't have lap bars like the Exterminator.

True, but the Jackrabbit dosn't have lap bars like the Exterminator.

I'll bet any money that those girls probably didn't put that into perspective. It probably didn't even cross their minds. To them, I bet, Jack Rabbit's lap bar is the same as Phantom's, and a bar is a bar.

My friend Jamie went to Kings Dominion yesterday with his Gf (Who has never been to an amusment park her whole life). Jamie told me he was going to go on Dominator untill his Gf freaked out and was saying "Don't go on that ride! It looks scary and dangerous. I don't f*cking want you on that ride" So basiclly the only thing they went on was the Ricochet and Backlot Stunt Coaster.

My friend Blake works at Disney's Hollywood Studios at the Indy stunt show as an usher/line attendant and he gets asked such questions as:

1) Who is Indiana Jones?

2) There are no more shows after 5? (there is a huge show-time sign next to the line entrance)

3) (Near end of day) Is this the exit to the park?

4) Where is the Indiana Jones Ride?

(To this he replied "Well u have to go to the Orlando Int. Airport and book a flight to California...")

5) What's Star Wars and why is it on the weekends?

6) Is this ride scary?

All in all Disney World guests are Fu***** morons. I know they are tourists but don't you think they would find out what things are at the parks before visiting?

^I worked at DCA when I was 18. We were told in orientation that "people turn their brains off on vacation, so be prepared for anything". That statement continues to hold true every day.

I go to the Dodgers game last night and my mom calls me

Mom: Hey Eric, where are you?

Me: I'm at the Dodgers game.

Mom: Where?

I felt embarrassed for the both of us.

I was looking at Dark Knight videos on youtube, and read these comments:

"It should be bigger or longer like Kingda Ka or Nitro." - Now how will a coaster of that size fit in a box? Plus, I doubt that the person who posted that has any idea on finances.

"It has a 48 inch height minimum, so you already know it's not worth riding." - because every coaster needs a 52 or whatever height minimum.

Now, I like large coasters as much as the next person, but I know the park is trying to appeal to other people besides teenagers and coaster enthusiasts. The Kingda Ka/Nitro comment was obviously said by a SFGADV visitor, and the 48 inch comment was in the description of the SFGAM version pov, and while large coasters are great, younger kids want to ride coasters too. A lot of those complaining don't seem to realize that the parks don't just cater to their needs.

I know Dark Knight isn't a great coaster, but it wasn't built for teenagers or enthusiasts. I still don't understand why so many people, even on this forum, hate it. I thought everyone knew what to expect when it was announced, and everyone seemed excited when the concept art was released. What the hell happened between then and now? Now, I'm sure no forum member posted those comments, but still. Oh well, less people in line in front of me...

Is it just me, or does this belong more in the rant thread?

^Yeah I know, I remember reading that someone thought that Clementon was bought by Six Flags, but the comments still made me laugh. I know the GP can say some dumb things(usually acceptable and understandable), but I'm just amazed when I look at coaster videos on youtube.

Reading the comments also got me upset with people who think a ride is bad just because it is a family ride and not a hyper coaster.(Dark Knight and Evel Kneviel)

I couple things happened to me me at Kings Island a few days ago. While I was in line for the Son of Beast some kid said to this other kid that was with him "I wonder how many trees the used for this?" The other kid responded by saying "It had to be at least 100." And another one was that this guys said (talking about the new coaster track, while on the Eiffel Tower) "That track is the same track that they have for the extra track on Firehawk." (He was refering to some track for the new coaster that is over near Firehawk.

Here's a youtube comment, I know, the #1 spot for dumb people so it doesn't count...But this is probably the most failing comment I have ever heard:

*Watching a video of a dive machine*

So u lay down on this ride???

Retard FAIL.

Also:

*Watching a video of goliath*

omgg it would really b scaryy if it went underground into loops n stufff that would b the best coaster

n the f*** is that screaming like that

Retard FAIL. Some geek trying to be cool FAIL.