TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brother looking at my screen when I was looking at a dive machine (Think it was griffon): "Woah! That's cool! Is that even legal?"

WTF? What kind of question is that?

When snagging my 35th credit at the Oakland Zoo last week, deciding if I wanted to sit at the tiger's head or tiger's arse my sister says: "Does it give a longer ride in the back?" I said, "No, it's all the same length. It's just more intense towards the rear as it's like the end of the whip."

Last one I remember hearing as a kid: If you puke at the top of a loop-de-loop, it will all come straight down and land right on your lap.

In reality, it would just be going everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Last one I remember hearing as a kid: If you puke at the top of a loop-de-loop, it will all come straight down and land right on your lap.

In reality, it would just be going everywhere.

Actually, someone puked on Mantis at CP (close to the loading area, I think) right before I was going to get on it. So after mopping up the vomit and cleaning the floor of the row, the ride ops filled up the row that had been soiled, the second row to be specific, with water about half an inch deep and sent the train on its way to get rid of the last of the residue. As the coaster went through the vertical loop (keep in mind, being a large B&M, there was considerable hangtime at the top), the water fell out of the second row and landed in the third row. After another circuit, the water was eliminated entirely and we were able to board.

My point is that while water and vomit may have different viscosity, density, and other factors that would determine their respective paths, if it came out at the right consistency and velocity, and if the loop were sufficiently large and "clothoidal" enough, your puke might just come straight down and land on someone else's lap.

Carry on, then.

Conversation on our recent weather conditions and my last 2 visits to GA for the season:

Me: I hope it don't rain sunday.

Cousin: Yea because you're going to have a wet ride.

Me: *thinks* hmmm acceptable amount of wetness?

Uncle who 'knows it all': No, it's illegal to run coasters in the rain. The parks will get shut down for that and face a law suit by the state.

Me: *sigh* Uh...how? (Thinks along the lines of a GP to see if he'll tell me that the power will cut out...didn't work though)

Uncle: Well, they got brakes, water hits them, they're like a car's brakes...they'll slide.

It's not illegal, but your uncle was sort of right. Wet brakes are never that good. The whole point was that he said illegal, so it doesn't matter.

Someone said, "V2 has an inversion?" I know this was awhile ago, but I'm just looking at this topic now. One out of two of them does.

Conversation on our recent weather conditions and my last 2 visits to GA for the season:

Me: I hope it don't rain sunday.

Cousin: Yea because you're going to have a wet ride.

Me: *thinks* hmmm acceptable amount of wetness?

Uncle who 'knows it all': No, it's illegal to run coasters in the rain. The parks will get shut down for that and face a law suit by the state.

Me: *sigh* Uh...how? (Thinks along the lines of a GP to see if he'll tell me that the power will cut out...didn't work though)

Uncle: Well, they got brakes, water hits them, they're like a car's brakes...they'll slide.

It's not illegal, but your uncle was sort of right. Wet brakes are never that good. The whole point was that he said illegal, so it doesn't matter.

Someone said, "V2 has an inversion?" I know this was awhile ago, but I'm just looking at this topic now. One out of two of them does.

If the brakes where less safe in the rain then the park would not open the ride.

--Jay

I may have posted this earlier, I don't know...

Overheard as I stood in queue at Dollywood for a water ride:

"EARL! EARL! GIT YOUR BUTT ON THAT THAR RIDE! I WANNA GIT BACK TO THE MOTEL TO SEE MAH STORIES!"

Once again, tact and diplomacy prevented me from getting a hernia on that one!

After Riding Wild Thing at Wild Waves.

GP1: Woah!! That was really fast and wild!

GP2: You said it. That was the most awesome ride ever.

GP1:Totally!!

Me:Pfft, please. A ride this lame?

I think this is quite unfair, as they obviously don't have as much experience as you obviously do when it comes to knowing a good roller coaster. Besides, it is their opinion.

After Riding Wild Thing at Wild Waves.

GP1: Woah!! That was really fast and wild!

GP2: You said it. That was the most awesome ride ever.

GP1:Totally!!

Me:Pfft, please. A ride this lame?

I think this is quite unfair, as they obviously don't have as much experience as you obviously do when it comes to knowing a good roller coaster. Besides, it is their opinion.

Am I the only one that enjoys riding boomerangs?

I'd say this is pretty much a matter of opinion. I even find some kiddie rides awesome.

Ok so I just came across this comment when looking at an old ad for Thorpe Park on YouTube. The ad focuses mainly around Stealth, as does the comment.

The front is rubbish cos you dont go as fast. If you go at the back you go soo much faster!

That's a classic! As is ->

"Once we got stuck on Oblivion on the drop, and we were there for 3 hours!"

"I heard someone fell out of Oblivion, they were ok though, the Shuttle caught them at the bottom"

"Air was supposed to have no track, but they ran out of budget"

*At the entrance to Nemesis, underneath a very obvious inversion* "Does this go upside down?"

"Griffon/Sheikra is twice as high as Oblivion!"

The GP, don't you just love 'em hehe

The not fair thing about me being more experienced than those 2 people I were reffering to for the General Public may be true. I may know more about coasters than them, but just their peer stupidity of announcing it was just to die laughing. Not just words, but speech & volume.

p3388.jpg.4af97acb9039419c5d2d383c43ff78d9.jpg

The whole Wild Thing post on page 49-50. Not a Boomerang coaster By the way.

At Wild West World, they had a Moser Spring ride (Mexican Jumping Bean), about 20 feet, and a Huss Condor (Condor). When we were in line for the Prairie Plunge, this woman was saying, "I can't wait for the Condor to open! The Jumping Bean is a baby Condor!"

I'm not sure if I should consider this "odd" because I can understand people thinking that the Condor is a freefall ride.

Earlier this week when I was describing X to some people, I heard someone say "OMGZLOL I've totally been on that. it's Roar at Great America!!1!"

Oh wow. Either they're not the brightest, or you did an awful job of explaining X to them. Maybe some pics would've helped.

I showed them a picture of X and they "identified" it as Roar.

This isn't theme park related in anyway, but it is a quote from the general public that just had to be shared.

One day my mom and I were walking down the street (I live in NYC btw), and these two touristy teenage girls were infront of us, and the one girl trying to be all cool said, "When in New York, Do as the New Yorks do!" I nearly fell over, I thought it was one of the funniest things ever.

And to throw in a theme park one. I constantly here people reffer to GASM (at Great Adventure) as to being a wooden coaster . And I've had guests ask me, "Where's Lightning Loops?"

-Dainan "It's happened more than twice" Rafferty