TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very vivid memory of the last time i was at IOA (6 years ago mind you) and in the last scene of the Spider-man ride, when Spidey "takes your picture". I remember hearing this conversation.

parent: Oh! Do you think we can get that picture when we get off the ride?

son: I hope so! I was smiling real big!

^That's not weird or stupid.

It was actually designed for the onride photo there, but then they decided no one would buy the picture cause you're in stupid 3-D glasses.

They DO sell the picture in Japan and most of the time it's awesome looking!

Bummer they never did it here!

Best one was a Cedar Point employee, working the dragster. Since it was broken like usual I was talking to one of the employees about how tall dragster was, and I said theres a roller coaster before this opened that was taller then millennium. It's name is Steel Dragon 2000, he told me that it fell over! So there isn't a coaster in existence any more.

Yes I do realize that it was SBNO and I stated that to him.

Ok since I work at SheiKra and like no one I work with knows anything about SheiKra I decided to see if anyone else at Busch Gardens knows about the ride they work at, so I headed over to Montu!! This was the conversation between a ride op and I!

Me- So who made this ride?

Op- BMW.

Me- How fast does it go?

OP- About 90 mph.

Me- ... and how many times does it go upside down?

OP- 12.

I thought it was the most entertaining thing I have ever heard a ride op say!!

~Matthew

According to the person who was behind me in line for Haunted Mansion, they just added a second elevator.

Also, Chuck just shared the story of a lady who was exiting a California Screamin' train who asked him if there were two tracks..."We didn't go thru the loop!" she exclaimed. I told him he should have replied, "The loop is now a prize for the Year of a Million Dreams promotion. Only select guests get to experience the loop...right place, right time."

Ok since I work at SheiKra and like no one I work with knows anything about SheiKra I decided to see if anyone else at Busch Gardens knows about the ride they work at, so I headed over to Montu!! This was the conversation between a ride op and I!

Me- So who made this ride?

Op- BMW.

Me- How fast does it go?

OP- About 90 mph.

Me- ... and how many times does it go upside down?

OP- 12.

I thought it was the most entertaining thing I have ever heard a ride op say!!

~Matthew

you work at Sheikra? I did evac training a few months ago there and I was terrified. lol.l I work at TBT.

anyways for some reason some people think that scorpion was transfered from another park. Maybe they are confusing it with Cheetah Chase.

I also heard this from a lady the other day

Lady: "the bigger they build it the better"

Me: "yeah sometimes"

Lady: "there is this park being built in South Carolina and can you believe they were asking for people to test run the Led Zeppelin and they could not find anyone brave to ride so they tested the ride with water dummies. I would of love to volunteer but they never asked me"

HA! I could not help it.

• 2 weeks later...

In my engineering class, the teacher was asking any of us if we were experts on something of science. I raised my hand and said roller coasters (of course) so he asked, what are they made out of? "Um, roller coasters have all sorts of different materials. Are you talking about wooden or steel coasters?" And he said I was wrong and then he asked, "What is the maximum point a roller coaster can go?" What the hell kind of question is that?!?! I wasn't quite sure of the question, and what he meant, and then he said this (And I was furious ) "He thinks he's an expert because he's ridden a roller coaster! Ya' know, I've read student papers on this, so I know all about them." Yeah, right. Student papers are the BEST source for information