TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, where does the GP hear all of these nonsense rumors? It's really funny!

^^Sounds a bit RCT3ish.

I've had one of my friends tell me that Millennium Force was Millennium 2000, and also when I was giving a presentation in class, one of the kids thought the concept for X was totally insane. Well, I guess the concept is (and so is the roughness!) I've also had friends think that when a park is taking down and old ride, they get confused and think it is a new coaster. When I was sitting on the break run on Raging Bull at SFGAm, the girls sitting next to me thought the drop definitely had to over 80 degrees. Funny!

At Great Escape this past summer while waiting in line for the Comet, and the Steamin' Demon.

Uncle: Did you know the Comet is one of the last wooden roller coasters standing?

Me: Uh, not its not, they still make them.

Uncle: No, they're not allowed to make wooden roller coasters anymore, so they make the look like wood, even though they are not.

Also, in line for the Steamin' Demon.

Girl in front of me to her friend: Did you know that if you tell the operator ahead of time, he can make it go faster down the hill?

Friend: Really? But this ride is already scary enough, maybe thats a bad idea.

Keep in mind that this is an Arrow coaster thats about 30 seconds long, rough as hell, and its lift is capable of making someone go deaf.

Yeah the way i described it lol. No but seriously I think its really kind of pointless being there because its a horrible ride, but it won't be leaving anytime soon. Apparently, when Six Flags purchased Great Escape, in the contract it was said that the Steamin' Demon cannot be removed. It's also on a man-made hill designed specifically for it, so it looks like its going to be there for a long time to come.

Sometimes I'm glad at school it was usually regarded as a bad idea to argue with me on this subject

I remember a discussion/arguement over why Alton would never ever get a Stealth (they knew not of RITA nor the height limit, which is understandable)...

Some family asked me once if there was a 'family row' for Vampire because there were 5 of them... Such a shame when you're working you have to be serious and not sarcastic to them

I heard this while in the queue for Rumba Rapids @thorpe park. As you might guess, yes they were Chavs

Chav 1: That ride goes like well fast (Stealth, intamin rocket) innit.

Chav 2: Yeah and it has like twelve loops

Chav 1: Yeah I read (i doubted he could) it goes like two hundred mph in like 2 secs

Chav 2: It like goes in the lake as well innit! (no thats Tidal Wave)

Anyways i wish it went 200 mph

I hear this rumor all the time at Great Adventure while standing inline...

"Shockwave was taken down b/c a large person was not stapled in correctly, they fell off the train and got run over (of course died)"

Umm..I saw on a ride safety site that Lighting Loops a person died on...but I never saw this "fact" about Shockwave.

I heard this while in the queue for Rumba Rapids @thorpe park. As you might guess, yes they were Chavs

Chav 1: That ride goes like well fast (Stealth, intamin rocket) innit.

Chav 2: Yeah and it has like twelve loops

Chav 1: Yeah I read (i doubted he could) it goes like two hundred mph in like 2 secs

Chav 2: It like goes in the lake as well innit! (no thats Tidal Wave)

Anyways i wish it went 200 mph

That is my School (By that i mean chavs talking about thorpe park)

I heard in my school someone talking and it went like this.

chav 1to chav 2 :Stealth has cables under the car that catch on the metal thingys and slows it down (like a rubber band basicly)

Me :No it is magneticly slowed down

chav 2:Shut up you boffin wat do you know about roller coasters

Me:Quite a bit actually

chav 1:Whats the highest coaster in the world then?

Me:kingda ka

chav 2:wrong stealth is.

Later in ICT

call the chavs over show them stealth then kingda ka

whos right then

this woman in the quee for Stealth

Woman: "IF IT DOESNT MAKE IT YOU CRASH INTO THE STATION AND DIE!!!!"

Us: "Nah, see thos fins that pop up, they stop you"

Woman: "NO...YOU DIEEEEE!!!"

She was dealy serious, bless her.

While talking to one of my bandmates during a basketball game she said that there are only 2 dive machines in the world, one in Florida and one in Japan. She kind of missed 2 others (Not counting the one under construction in China right now.) Well I guess she was smart enough to know that it was called a dive machine.

• 4 weeks later...