TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Knotts Berry Farm in the station of Xcelerator.

Mother and daughter ask the attendant "Dose this ride go upside down?"

Walking down the path right next to Boomerang, towards Xcelerator.

Woman comes up next to me and asks "Where is Xcelerators entrance?". And right in front of her and I is a 50ft sign that says "Xcelerator entrance".

Years ago I was taking pictures inside of SFMM of X construction. The ride was at the point where you could see it from around the Panda Express area, but it was very evident that the ride wasn't done yet. Anyways a man comes up to me and asks, "do you know if that ride will be open later today"? I respond that I believe Viper has been open all day, to which he says, "No not Viper, the one behind it."?

I mean I could understand it if the ride was finished and it was clear that it was possible it could open, say if it was testing... However about 3/4th's of the coaster was sitting the the right of Feedmill road. What got me about it was that he had to drive past the coaster while coming into the park, furthermore from our vantage point he could obviously see that the ride's life hill was only about three quarters of the way finsihed. I got asked many other dumb questions, but that one took the cake.

When I was in line for X at SFMM back in July, these two "gangsta guys" in front of me were looking at the full sized map and were all confused about why Psyclone was gone. I didn't say anything just because it would be interesting to see how this played out. Then one of them said, "Oh I guess they forgot to put it on the map, lets go over there after this and ride it" "Yeah!"

Same day, near Flashback at SFMM: Two guys walk over and say (looking at Flashback) "What the hell is that?"

In line for Medusa at SFDK: This guy talking to his girlfriend "Ya know this is the world's first flying coaster!"

Edited for spelling.

okay, let me start with this-

Yo yo yo dawg, yo knowa that that tornadoo slide ays the tallest and the fastes slide ever? M'a hommies 'n me were all like omg, this is so cool!!

and-

OMG, did you know that GB is like, so the tallest coaster ever, like OMG! Like.

some emo chick-

I heard this one guys neck broke on SR when the train fell of the tracks in that second upside down thingy (Points to zero g roll)

A smart person-

Wait, does this ride go upside-down (looks at the sign for superdooperlooper)

Me- no, not at all

Person- oh well, that sucks , thanks anyway

Me- how did you like it?

Person- Yo, that ride was off the hizzle yo. That loop was amazing!

Fat Hick-

excuse me, but where is the reesees extreme rollercoaster racer?

(I think, ok, it's pronounced reesais, not reeseys, and its CUP CHALLENGE, and it's def. not a coaster!)

In line for lightning racer, some hick goes

WOW! I can't wait for my turn on thunder comet! I hear it luanches from 0-200 in 2 seconds! (I wish i could wipe those last 2 from my mind)

I think my favorite one is from a trip I took to KD this all happened while waiting in line for/ while riding berserker

Our lovely friend from the Dark Continent: MAN I AINT F----- SCARE OF THIS MOTHAF----- RIDE!!!

His buds: YEA!! WE AINT' SCARED!!! WE AINT SCARED!!!

Me (close infront of them): ...

(ride progresses, and we're left hanging upside for a bit)

Our lovely friends: WE SCARED!!!! WE SCARED!!!! WE SCARED!!!!

Me:

Today at Dollywood Riding Thunderhead a girl was convincing her friend that it went upside-down. She asks the ride host and she said it doesnt have inversions. The girl then pointed at Mystery Mines inversions and said I see that it goes upside down look over there. The ride host was just trying not to laugh!

I've seen many stupid things, including people asking how a Gerstlauer does a 'more than 90' lift hill... uhh... It can hit over 40 mph and does an unbanked turn right after the so-called vertical drop into the station... I don't think it goes that way...

I've also been asked if a ride goes upside down while queueing up next to the loop... My response was 'no'.

When I worked at WDW as a CM, I started out in the toll booth (NOT fun), but it was suggested of us to greet the guests with, "Are you going to Magic Kingdom today?" just because so many people were actually either lost or going to a resort which doesn't require a parking fee. Anyway, whenever I would ask that, I'd get about 3 people a day who would respond with, "Is that Disney World?"

Duh.

I also was asked how to get to Universal at least once a day. I guess they didn't see that GIGANTIC WDW sign that they had to drive under about 5 miles back.

And then when I was transfered to Splash Mountain (yay!), I every other person would ask me, "So, do you get wet on this ride?" Eventually, I got so exhausted of the question that I smartly began to lead them by the hand to the answer:

Me: "Which ride, again?"

GP: "Splash Mountain."

"Hmm...Splash mountain. Splash Mountain. A Mountain that involves splashing. You know, I think there's a pretty good chance that you might."

One time a lady asked to speak to a manager because she got too wet. D'oh! Who knew that could happen on a water ride?

While waiting in line for the Rattler a guy (late 30's) told his girlfriend "This is one of the last wooden coasters. They do not make wooden coasters anymore."

Again in line for Thunderhead a guy told his son "I do not like these old style train cars."

i have 2

Working at a Quick service food and beverage at the Grand floridian Resort:

"How big is a 16 inch pizza"

(i did actually tell a drunk guy that it was 16 inches once)

waiting for the front of the Demon at SFGam, the person speaking only had a few teeth left, "one time in the middle of the ride my wife's restraint came undone and she held it tight so she wouldn't fall out in the loops"

I was at a China Restruant at a themepark.

W= China Waiter

M=Me

W: What do you want to drink?

M: What is the coco drink?

(Grabbing the menu out of my hands and startig to run away!)

W: It does not exist! It does not EXIST!

-He seemed very scared, I wonder what the coco drink is!

Fat Hick-

excuse me, but where is the reesees extreme rollercoaster racer?

(I think, ok, it's pronounced reesais, not reeseys, and its CUP CHALLENGE, and it's def. not a coaster!)

That's just dialect, not really weird or stupid. Most people I know pronounce it that way. *shrugs*

In line for Vortex at Great America.

Friend: Hey, I think they're making this ride run faster so that the line will move quicker.

(Vortex was in 1 train operation)

Me: Dude...it's all gravity after the lift. How can they make it go faster?

Brother: (Which I'd think would know something about coasters as he lives with a coaster fanatic) Hey, yea! They are making it run faster!

Me: *Sigh*

In line for Top Gun, same park:

GP: Hey, what's a Theme Park Review?

Me: It's a coaster fan site in which I belong to.

5 minutes later...

GP couple having a conversation about Stealth: "Yea, that coaster isn't there any more." *Looks at me* "Hey, you might know this as you're into coasters. What ever happened to that belly coaster they had here?"

Me:...Uh...you mean Stealth?

GP: Yea

Me...That's gone...it moved back east. They replaced it with Boomerang Bay.

The end of the conversation went onto talking about irresponsible parents letting their kids play in a wave pool unattended. Surprisingly, they agreed with me.

Lastly, a person sees the back of my shirt and asks "Hey, is that a Donkey?"

I'd sure hope so...it does say Donkey's on the back...go figure.

W= China Waiter

M=Me

O__O Weeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiirrd..........

W= China Waiter

M=Me

this practically shouts

conspiracy!!!