TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At SFMM, I was walking around and these guys said, "Hey,lets go ride

THE X"! It just kind of sets me off. But before you jump on me for being taking it too seriously, you wouldn't call the movie "Titanic" "The Titanic". Or call "Jaws" "The Jaws". Whatever, I'm just saying that X is called X not THE X, maybe I should just see a DOCTOR! AND GET MY PILLS!

lol yah and i hate it when people call it "Xtreme" errrg dude it's just X ok lol.....funny even when i didn't visit these sites i never said a coaster was "a million feet tall and went 2 million miles per hour" it was pretty obvious if it looped when we drove in and i saw Vipers huge loop or Batman, Riddler etc.

i think congress is actually getting ready to pass that law

I thought they were getting ready to pass a rating system like 'G' and 'PG' on coasters!

I'm not going to explain any further about the stupidity of some Australians...

*standing in front of Cal screamin with family*

sis:you know that launches to 100 miles an hour in 4 milliseconds

me: no, thats nearly impossible

sis: nu uh! i heard it on a TV show

me: well then theyre lairs

the argument went on for the rest of the day

my parents got annoyed and stared me down so i had to let it go

she of course shoved it in my face

*one week later*

im on the computer and tell her to come over here,

she walks by me only to see cal screamin's RCDB page on the comp with "Max Acceleration: 0 - 55 mph in 4 seconds" highlighted

i am never wrong when it comes to coasters

I was an idiot once too. I thought that gravity held a train on the corkscrews on any Arrow corkscrew (they don't. The upstop wheels do.)

But my biggest faux pas was referring to SROS as a "giga coaster" (Okay, I probably did a lot of stupider things, but this was part of referring to coasters by their RCT counterparts. And I was 14 at the time. Now I do the opposite.)

Other things I have said: "The corkscrew (Canobie Corkscrew) goes 65 mph." (I know now that this is not true, but it goes past the station pretty damn fast.)

"Any steel coaster that does not go upside down is a waste of steel." (This was before I rode SROS.)

We all said stupid coaster things at one time. Oh, by the way, my friend refuses to ride any looping coaster (He had a headache on an Arrow Corkscrew.) I will make him ride B:TDK, as it is the closest B+M to me.

I hate it when people call a coaster something different than its name, even when they know the name. Like referring to Vortex at PGA as the "Standing Coaster", and to Medusa West as the "Coaster without a floor".

I hate it when people call a coaster something different than its name, even when they know the name. Like referring to Vortex at PGA as the "Standing Coaster", and to Medusa West as the "Coaster without a floor".

Hahaha...I still do that. When I go to PCW, I'll call Skyrider "the standup". I've always been doing it, and everyone I know has always been doing it. In fact, I don't think anyone I know at any time has ever called it by its proper name.

• 1 month later...

When I was processing my season pass for PKI this year I saw a pretty funny interaction.

This prissy 18-20ish girl behind us apparently had some confusion as to what sort of pass she had been given.

She exclaimed, "But my mom said it was a Gold Pass!"

I instantly thought of the "your mom goes to college" line from Napoleon Dynamite and every mom joke I've ever heard.

I laughed all day about this one.

Ok I was in line for Kingdaka People are always saying

"You know kingdaka is going to be taken down!"

"Yea like 20 people have died riding this" ( Hey people if the ride killed people it wouldnt be open Duh!!!

"Your to skinny to ride youl fly off at the top"

and here are some other random things

"so is cedar point's beach like next to an ocean" (yea of course it is I mean lets toatlly forget we are in ohio)

Oh heres my favorite when I go to school everyone no matter how many times i tell them still say " Ived been on the tallest fastest roller coaster in the world" my point I live in Ohio so everyone still thinks TTP is the tallest and fastest and then i have to correct them" no Kingdaka is" then they usually go"Kingda-whaaaaa" and then i get very flusterd cause its probly the 100th time ive told thim this!

Ill be back with more later about what i hear!

Last September I was getting off the back seat of the Racer at PKI when some hillbilly who was about to board in the same seat yelled,

"He peed all over the seat. HAHAHAHAHAHA."

This year while the ride ops were checking the seat belts and lapbars on the Racer at PKI another totally drunken hillbilly told the ride op,

"Do you realize you're saving all these people's lives?"

I really wish that I had something funny that the GP has said... the only funny thing I can think of is when we were standing in line for Whizzer last year at SFGAm and someone dropped a stinkbomb. Then everyone just descreetly covered their noses. Everyone in our group exploded with laughter.

AIM conversation with my friend:

"i blacked out on nitro's corkscrew" (this is Nitro at GAdv)

I had to correct him by saying:

"nitro's helix you mean?" "twisty section" "spiral"

Him:

"...ya"

I don't mean to laugh at my friend, but I couldn't help it...

In line for Batman: The Dark Knight, on a rare non-Qbot day for me last August:

This group of three or four guys, maybe late teens, started talking about some rides they have gone and/or would be going on. One says "Have you been on that Switchback ride yet?" Another says "Which one is that?" First one says "That's the blue and yellow one over by Cyclone. Y'know, the one with the six loopty-loops." The third one says "Isn't that the one the guy died on last year?" First one says "Yeah, that's the one." Finally I got to the point where I couldn't deal any longer, so I jump in with "That was Superman, dumbass. And the ride you're thinking of is Flashback...FLASHback."

Sweet sweet silence from that point all the way to the station.

In line for Batman: The Dark Knight, on a rare non-Qbot day for me last August:

This group of three or four guys, maybe late teens, started talking about some rides they have gone and/or would be going on. One says "Have you been on that Switchback ride yet?" Another says "Which one is that?" First one says "That's the blue and yellow one over by Cyclone. Y'know, the one with the six loopty-loops." The third one says "Isn't that the one the guy died on last year?" First one says "Yeah, that's the one." Finally I got to the point where I couldn't deal any longer, so I jump in with "That was Superman, dumbass. And the ride you're thinking of is Flashback...FLASHback."

Sweet sweet silence from that point all the way to the station.

But it had six loopty-loops...right?