TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^It's funny because there actually are S&S drop towers that used to be called the Twin Towers, in Italy at Mirabilandia! And then after 9/11 they were named after space shuttles Columbia and Discovery! (you can clearly see where this is going.) Now they're just called Oil Towers. I wonder how many people it would've triggered had they kept the original name! (I still call them the Twin Towers, because screw being sensitive. It's catchy.)

^Oil Towers can be offensive too (Deep Water Horizon)

Well... Ok then...

tumblr_mpa9jsyQDH1surl4bo1_500.gif

It's still better than what they ORIGINALLY were gonna call them after the new retheme.

shit.thumb.PNG.8d94d3f9439645cf1a9191d4374256d4.PNG

Proof that this is not fake.

wtf.PNG.dfc58f9560dd6838dc38aed9d8493acb.PNG

Taken from top right corner of above video. You read that right. It actually says Rio Negro Towers.

Let's just say it's *a bit* racist to say the least.

That statement is so sugarcoated, I got diabetes.

When I was at work today, wearing my Gold Striker shirt...

Friend: Gold Striker? Is that a roller coaster?

Me: Yeah, it's at California's Great America in Santa Clara.

Friend: Oh yeah, that one! Those loops were so scary.

He's a good friend, but I think he needs some educating on which is which

There's a video on YouTube of a guy getting kicked off of Scream at SFMM for bringing a camera on the ride. There were several comments that claimed that the reason the park does that is because they're worried about other parks stealing the theming (LOL) and layout of the ride.

There's a video on YouTube of a guy getting kicked off of Scream at SFMM for bringing a camera on the ride. There were several comments that claimed that the reason the park does that is because they're worried about other parks stealing the theming (LOL) and layout of the ride.

theming

theming

theming

theming

"Oh hey, Six Flags Magic Mountain has a ride themed to a parking lot! lol that's so unique, let's do the same!"

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all are going to laugh you're a**e** off.

At six flags over georgia, I got into an argument about the roller coaster train, and 2 people were like "the train is the roller coaster" when I even pointed it out. That the train is connected to the track, and the layout the train follows is the roller coaster. They still continued to argue but I ended it before I wanted to fight them.

You've never really dealt with stupid GP until they ask you if an S&S drop tower inverts.

Or my personal favorite "Am I going to die?" Yes, but not on the ride...hopefully. Because that'd be a big ol' mess and I'd rather not have to deal with that paperwork...again. *Walks away with Sh!t-eating grin while the guest screams*

^

I picked up a new one from SFMM today. For those of you who aren't familiar with the park... in one corner of the park, they have a wall with pictures of their major coasters, including close-ups of the trains. They have Batman and Riddler's Revenge situated right next to each other on the wall. Some guy, looking at the pictures, yelled, "Hey, what the heck! Those two are the exact same ride, but one's blue and one's green!"

Yyyyeah, except on the blue one, you hang underneath the track and whip through small loops and around tight corners while, on the green one, you stand up while going through a bunch of tall loops.

At six flags over georgia, I got into an argument about the roller coaster train, and 2 people were like "the train is the roller coaster" when I even pointed it out. That the train is connected to the track, and the layout the train follows is the roller coaster. They still continued to argue but I ended it before I wanted to fight them.

Why would you care enough to argue with two complete strangers over something that doesn't matter?

Standing in line for batman at six flags st.louis..I was impressed that this guy knew that the jet scream was at the same spot batman is. But when it was removed because people were banging there heads against the side of the loop. He lost all credibility withe me.

Why would you care enough to argue with two complete strangers over something that doesn't matter?

Well, to be fair, this is a coaster enthusiast website...

• 3 weeks later...