TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad called Top Thrill Dragster "the Drag Queen" - I think he got the name mixed up with Rita: Queen of Speed. Still makes me laugh.

I don't know... do you think RuPaul would ever sponsor a ride?

I hope he does! If all the homophobes refuse to ride, maybe the line won't be two hours long...

My dad called Top Thrill Dragster "the Drag Queen" - I think he got the name mixed up with Rita: Queen of Speed. Still makes me laugh.

Some of my friends have called it "High Heel Dragqueen" for years. Perhaps your dad overheard someone? Either way, it's a fun name, isn't it!?

I like to strike up conversation with people while waiting in line for rides. For example, this happened in Manta's (SWO) queue...

Me: Ever been on this before?

Him: No... have you?

Me: Oh yeah, countless times...

Him: So you should know the answer to this question...

Me: Well, I mean, it depends, go ahead.

Him: They called it a flying coaster on the map right?

Me: Uh, I guess, why?

Him: Do you actually fly on this coaster? Like, in the air? Is that even possible?

It was at this point that I got out of line and decided to ride Kraken instead.

If you think that's bad, try getting stuck in line next to an enthusiast. First of all, there's a 50% chance they're not wearing deodorant, second of all I'd much rather talk to someone like that than someone who wants to spew off stats about the new proposed RMC coming to the isle of bublefuckistan in 2018.

I spent this afternoon and evening getting as many rides in on Tower of Terror at DCA, a total of 4 times in 6 hours, and when spending 6 hours in a line with mostly GP, you are bound to hear some gems.

One I heard was a teenage girl telling her group "I rode this last year, and during the drop, my seatbelt came open and I hit into the ceiling. I could've died. I really wanted to sue." Last time I checked, Tower of Terror has never had an incident like this.

Another one I heard was "Why is this line taking so long? I thought the sign said an hour and 20 minutes." This may seem normal, except the sign actually said 120 minutes. Not so much GP as bad at basic math, but I thought it fit the bill.

• 2 months later...

I went to Disneyland with my family about a year ago. As we were getting off of Splash Mountain, some lady came up through the exit/ADA entrance, pushing somebody in a wheelchair. The lady pushing the wheelchair saw us in our soaking wet clothes and asked, "Oh, did you get wet?"

No, we stayed completely dry on Splash Mountain.

• 2 weeks later...
NO. Texas Tornado was at Astroworld, NOT GEAUGA LAKE. Plus, why would they name a coaster Texas Tornado at a park in OHIO?

People like to use Texas as a marketing thing. For example, the Texas Roadhouse chain of restaurants originated in Clarksville, Indiana of all places.

^I think that person ment Texas TWISTER which, in fact, was at Geauga Lake. It was a top spin

Yeah, but if he/she meant the coaster Texas Tornado, that would be dumb. And if they're talking about Texas Twister, A TOP SPIN, that would be dumb. Either way, it's a dumb quote from the GP.

^ I both love and hate videos like that. I hate them because they use Photoshopped pictures, sensationalized stories, and downright false information just to earn YouTube views. On the other hand, I love them because the more people fall for the baloney in those videos, the fewer people will be clogging up queue lines for my favorite coasters.

This was in the suggested videos for the invadr pov

I personally DESPISE videos like these, as well as most "trend" channels in general.

All they do is fear-mongering and just help build this untrue stigma that roller coasters are death traps and shouldn't exist, meanwhile the channel (which is most likely to be some cringey trend channel) gets a grand worth of ad revenue.

But hey, at least ^ is right. Less queues for me!