TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I don't think that belongs here. Even coaster fans like me mess up how many inversions some coasters have.

Yeah, that's how I feel about it. If he was saying that Bizzaro is 300 feet tall, goes 100 mph, and has 20 inversions, then it would be appropriate, but being slightly off on the amount of inversions that something has is a minor mistake.

We went to Cedar Point a couple weeks ago, and while we were queuing for a ride, I'm pretty sure we overheard, "Does this ride go upside down". Now, this is a perfectly legitimate question for some of CP's rides, but we were in line for the CP and LE Railroad. Someone was wondering if the train went through an inversion.

Also, from he comments section of

you need to stop its not safe in the back seat because it falls off

Sitting in line for Kissing Tower for some great views when this guy walks up and asks the op a question:

Guy: "How long is the wait for this?"

Ride Op: "About 5 minutes."

Guy: (turns back to group) "35 minutes." and walked away. Note that my dad and I were the only one in line.

A lady who was at Six Flags Great Adventure from Maryland told my that her home park, SFA, was better than SFGAdv.

If you think that's insane, a really dumb operator on Roar (who previously made us wait 20 minutes stuck on the ride to call maintenance to get someone's phone off of the track in the station) said that she likes Six Flags America over Hershey Park!

• 3 weeks later...

Random commenter apparently believes the acclaim Busch Gardens receives is just a big conspiracy:

I think they felt sorry for Bush Gardens, and gave them the [good] ratings out of sympathy...so they classify two coasters [Kumba and Montu] with higher ratings that really do not deserve it to try and save Bush Gardens. NOTHING more.

I just don't even.

This wasn't something I heard in a park, but rather from someone who had recently gone to Hershey Park. I was interviewing a possible pet sitter a couple of weeks ago and we got to talking about parks and coasters (I had mentioned that I would need someone to watch my dogs while I spent the day at HP). She said that she had taken her teenage kids there last summer, and that there was this one "really scary" coaster that she forbade them from riding. Well, the first one that pops into my mind (and that of most everyone who has been to HP and has actually ridden all the big coasters) is of course Skyrush. And perhaps Storm Runner as a "runner-up".

She didn't know the coasters by name, but when I described Skyrush, that wasn't the one. Neither was Storm Runner. The one she forbade her teens from riding? Fahrenheit!

I then explained to her that she let her kids on what is arguably one of the most ferocious and intense coasters in this country, while not allowing them on what is IMO a very pedestrian multi-looper, albeit with a fairly unique lift hill.

What she did would be kind of like allowing her kids to learn to drive in a Corvette but not a Honda Civic!

BTW, the woman has turned out to be a good pet sitter; but she is just very "GP" in her ideas about coasters.

And speaking of Skyrush's deceptively "mellow" and ordinary appearance, I am sure that quite a few first time riders are blown away by this misconception.

There was a woman telling her young son and his friend that they could go on Skyrush, but the crazy looping, corkscrewing ride nearby (Great Bear) was definitely not for them.

They go over to the complimentary lockers near the entrance. "Ma'am, this yellow ride is probably the most intense in the world."

I think they rode it but probably weren't allowed on Great Bear.

My "GP comment" comes from grandma: "Oh, they can be made from steel?"

This wasn't something I heard in a park, but rather from someone who had recently gone to Hershey Park. I was interviewing a possible pet sitter a couple of weeks ago and we got to talking about parks and coasters (I had mentioned that I would need someone to watch my dogs while I spent the day at HP). She said that she had taken her teenage kids there last summer, and that there was this one "really scary" coaster that she forbade them from riding. Well, the first one that pops into my mind (and that of most everyone who has been to HP and has actually ridden all the big coasters) is of course Skyrush. And perhaps Storm Runner as a "runner-up".

She didn't know the coasters by name, but when I described Skyrush, that wasn't the one. Neither was Storm Runner. The one she forbade her teens from riding? Fahrenheit!

I then explained to her that she let her kids on what is arguably one of the most ferocious and intense coasters in this country, while not allowing them on what is IMO a very pedestrian multi-looper, albeit with a fairly unique lift hill.

What she did would be kind of like allowing her kids to learn to drive in a Corvette but not a Honda Civic!

BTW, the woman has turned out to be a good pet sitter; but she is just very "GP" in her ideas about coasters.

And speaking of Skyrush's deceptively "mellow" and ordinary appearance, I am sure that quite a few first time riders are blown away by this misconception.

I am one of those first time riders who was like "Okay, this is lots of fun" going over the first drop which quickly transitioned into a "HOLY SHIT MY ASS FEELS LIKE IT IS 5 INCHES OUT OF THE SEAT" going over the first hill. From that point onward, it has been my favorite rollercoaster.

My friend enjoys wooden coasters more than steel coasters because he can walk on them.

Can walk on them? Like, walk along the track if he was able to?

Tell him to go to Japan, where catwalks are mandatory on every coaster (iirc) for earthquake evacuation. Every coaster has catwalks along the entire course, even the steel ones. He'd have a field day.

My friend enjoys wooden coasters more than steel coasters because he can walk on them.

Can walk on them? Like, walk along the track if he was able to?

Tell him to go to Japan, where catwalks are mandatory on every coaster (iirc) for earthquake evacuation. Every coaster has catwalks along the entire course, even the steel ones. He'd have a field day.