TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

I'd have to agree actually. This forum should be used to post things the GP said that, as enthusiasts, we would find funny or weird. But now it's mostly just people being assholes to their friends behind their backs. And whenever I go harsh on a GP, I make sure they have it coming, like the Lake Compounce sex story kid or the people who write inaccurate reviews to make a scene and get attention on TripAdvisor. I think we should bring this thread back to being less negative and more funny.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend tagged along with me and a few others to Cedar Point last year so he could experience it for the first time. He's never been on a roller coaster before so we worked him up from the bottom. I can't remember exactly all that we rode, but for sure we went on Blue Streak, Magnum, Gemini, Mine Ride, Wicked Twister, Mean Streak, and Maverick. He was terrified on every ride. He said that he didn't like the roller coasters because he felt his body was not supposed to move 'that way' and that he didn't feel safe.

I asked him, out of all of the rides we went on, which one he enjoyed the most, if even a little.

He said his favorite was Mean Streak.

No, he didn't mistake Mean Streak for another ride. He knew which ride was which. And his favorite was Mean Streak.

I would have never guessed.

I heard a group of kids at Darien Lake screaming and shouting about how they couldn't wait to get on "The Nitro", when they were really in line for Ride of Steel. At first I thought maybe DL purchased VR headsets for the ride to make the park appear like a much better park.

I remember hearing a couple of women talking about the "previous owners" of Canada's Wonderland about 4-5 years ago now. One of the women said Universal Studios originally owned the park because of the globe in Action Zone (formerly Grande World Exposition of 1890). Then the other one said she remembered that Wonder Mountain didn't exist before Paramount acquired the park. I remember my brother and I were sitting nearby trying not to laugh too much!

Another thing I remember from a few years ago was a mother and son trying to look for "the button" on the raft while riding White Water Canyon that supposedly releases all the water from the channel. That had to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen or heard at the park.

My friend tagged along with me and a few others to Cedar Point last year so he could experience it for the first time. He's never been on a roller coaster before so we worked him up from the bottom. I can't remember exactly all that we rode, but for sure we went on Blue Streak, Magnum, Gemini, Mine Ride, Wicked Twister, Mean Streak, and Maverick. He was terrified on every ride. He said that he didn't like the roller coasters because he felt his body was not supposed to move 'that way' and that he didn't feel safe.

I asked him, out of all of the rides we went on, which one he enjoyed the most, if even a little.

No, he didn't mistake Mean Streak for another ride. He knew which ride was which. And his favorite was Mean Streak.

Well, if your friend didn't like the forces on the rides, mean streak might've been right up his alley... Apparently it's quite forceless.

I owe your friend a beer if I ever meet him. Unlike most enthusiasts he understands that riding Mean Streak is way more fun than endlessly bitching about it.

^Straight up. I think he had such a good time on it because we were all laughing the whole time. It was super rough and my friends and I were screaming in pain. After that first drop we all couldn't contain ourselves. I think that made him relax, and as a result, he was able to enjoy the experience rather than brace himself for death like on all of the other ones.

^^Another good possible explanation.

^ To be fair, it is the tallest and fastest dive coaster in the world. New York magazine probably skimmed the press release and slapped the title on there to boost readership. Not a particularly dumb thing, just laziness.

As for real stupidity, I ran into this guy In line for Boulder Dash who was whining about how Lake Compounce sucks because it doesn't have Flashback. First off, it does, and second, Flashback is the worst coaster at SFNE (it beats the SLC out by a hair IMO).

Goes to show you that the "tallest, Fastest ____ coaster" marketing works. People thought Fury was the record breaker when it opened, now this. The parks figured out that people don't pay attention to details. Which is SHOCKING, I know...

I rode Thunderhead in 2014, and I heard a child say "Does this go upside down?".

OF COURSE NOT, YOU NINCOMPOOP. THIS IS NOT OUTLAW RUN OR SON OF BEAST.

omg i swear i heard the exact same thing in 2014, and TPR was at the park...

probably not the same person but ill explain what happened.

the child asks his mom, "does this coaster go upside down?" my first thought was omg just look at the layout, dose it LOOK like it goes upside down (maybe i dunno, its pretty twisty) then the mom says "no, only roller coasters with over the shoulder restraints can go upside down" then a lady from TPR turns around and corrects them (right before i was going to) and brings up OR. i talked to the lady a bit and she gave me a club TPR card

[sorry for double]