TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just seeing theme park videos (like the Hulk reveal or Pirates Shanghai) in Trending on YouTube is a warning: cringe ahead!

I have never seen a video in Trending even remotely related to theme parks in the slightest.

This one on the CP facebook page about Valravn, from someone who has ridden it.

It's wasn't that bad I wanted to hang there longer. Just like the gatekeeper I think

I asked her this question.

Can you explain to me how this is just like Gatekeeper?

That's just my opinion. It's just felt like I was on gatekeeper. Same hills and loops and kinda the same cars

Kind of the same loops and same cars.........really???

This one on the CP facebook page about Valravn, from someone who has ridden it.

It's wasn't that bad I wanted to hang there longer. Just like the gatekeeper I think

I asked her this question.

Can you explain to me how this is just like Gatekeeper?

That's just my opinion. It's just felt like I was on gatekeeper. Same hills and loops and kinda the same cars

Kind of the same loops and same cars.........really???

The width of the trains are similar so I would give her that. Actually, apart from the dive I would imagine that the inversions on valravn would feel similar to those on gatekeeper.

I usually don't trash on the GP, but I overheard this gem between a mother and daughter on the brake run after we had JUST RIDDEN VORTEX.

"See mom? I told you it went upside down 6 times!"

"No baby, only twice. We just rode it."

Like, we are sitting on the brake run 20 feet from the layout

I usually don't trash on the GP, but I overheard this gem between a mother and daughter on the brake run after we had JUST RIDDEN VORTEX.

No words for this one

Which Vortex? I'm guessing Kings Island but it could be Carowinds/CGA, even Canada's Wonderland

Is it just me or is this entire thread:

"I am a total nerd about a particular hobby and most people who also enjoy said hobby are not as nerdy as me"?

Seriously, most of the stuff posted in here is just a total geek squad that are shocked that everyone on the planet doesn't know every single stupid thing about coasters. It's actually depressing to read through most of them.

"I am a total nerd about a particular hobby and most people who also enjoy said hobby are not as nerdy as me"?

Seriously, most of the stuff posted in here is just a total geek squad that are shocked that everyone on the planet doesn't know every single stupid thing about coasters. It's actually depressing to read through most of them.

You nailed it. This thread is either "Oh my god can you believe this idiot didn't understand what a block check was?" or just enthusiasts trying to convince themselves that non-enthusiasts complain about stupid things more than they do (which isn't true at all... coaster enthusiasts are the world champions of entitled bitching and complaining).

Don't get me wrong, there are some good posts here and there but generally I avoid this thread like the plague.

You, sir, are worthy of applause! Absolutely nailed it! This thread just reeks of a bunch of enthusiasts who want to puff out their own chests like they're superior because they know how many bolts are on a particular lift hill or coaster train. News flash - these folks you term the "GP"? They're the ones probably having a better time cause they don't worry about silly crap like that!

I for one absolutely HATE the term "GP". I think it's great that the majority of us here share a fun passion of riding roller coasters! And for those that geek out about it, more power to you.....that's great too! But what's not great is sounding pompous by throwing around the term "GP" like other folks who don't quite share our passion for coasters are somehow second class citizens. They're at the park for what should be the same reason as any enthusiast - to ride coasters/rides and to have FUN!!

One of my favorite things about this hobby is taking someone to a park (a "GP" if you will lol) and getting into specifics with them about stuff, but I try not to get too nerdy because some of it just goes over their heads. Most people don't know the difference between a B&M or Intamin, or what a block brake is, or what a drive tire is, or whatever. And they don't care.

This is a seriously geeky hobby and we are a miniscule subsection of people who go to parks/ride coasters. Most just go to have fun. They don't give a rats ass about manufactures or parts or the mechanics of the rides, but I've learned that some get into that side of things and for me its fun to share my knowledge - even though I don't think I know half as much about this stuff as some of the long-term-been-doing-this-forever types around here.

At the end of the day, its not about how much you know more about this stuff than some Joe Schmoe who goes to a park once or twice a year, its about HAVING FUN. Are you having fun making yourself feel better than others by posting condescending BS in this thread? I'd say probably not. Most people posting in here just come across sounding like supercilious assholes.