TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Season Pass Sneak Preview Night at Canada's Wonderland the following is what I heard from various visitors:

"Wow, Skyhawk looks very tall!" (Meanwhile looking at Windseeker)

"Sledgehammer was broken down all last year and that's the truth!" (Then how did I manage to get in almost 20 rides last year?)

"Even though the park isn't busy and the guy selling Fastlane told us that, I still decided to purchase Fastlane because I'll be able to ride everything I want to in the same amount of time." (Some people just enjoy wasting their money!)

"Of course my daughter will be able to ride Skyhawk, she's 48"!" (Just because she can ride it, doesn't mean she can grab the handles and make the seat flip!)

I can't believe I've heard this all in one night! I can't wait to see what else I'll be hearing throughout the rest of the season!

When people say Kingda Ka is the fastest roller coaster in the world.

Well I sympathize with them, because I even forget sometimes. Formula Rossa is the #1, but not many people know that.

Well I sympathize with them, because I even forget sometimes. Formula Rossa is the #1, but not many people know that.

But they really should get the basic information right before saying it.

They could have just searched what the fastest coaster is, in case they thought some other random coaster other than FR was the fastest.

It's the internet, it's not hard to find stuff like that.

My friend one day said that all coasters not only should require OTSRs, but also that they have to have riders wear HEADGEAR on them, BECAUSE YOU MIGHT SNAP YOUR NECK ON THEM.

The coaster might not make me snap my neck, (maybe the one in Fisherman's Wharf in China) but their ignorance? Definitely yes.

This other time, my friend from England told me he went to Orlando, to Disney World.

Our conversation, at one point, went a little something like:

Friend: I also rode the Space Mountain! I loved how it went upside down!

Me: ... You do realize that the Space Mountain in Orlando doesn't go upside down, right?

Friend: But I remember it going upside down!

Me: Don't you mean the one in Paris? Cause that's the only one out of all of them that has inversions.

Friend: No, not in PARIS, in ORLANDO.

Then I proceeded to ask both his mom and his sister, and they too said that they remember it going upside down.

Wandering around on Facebook (I rarely do this), I saw that video of the slingshot ride where one of the cables snapped. I thought to myself "dis gon be gud" and looked through the comments.

Five people reacted with the "laughing" thing, and it was the third most popular reaction thing.

520824810_faceam.png.bd74d63a2581c5be49909fbaf2fba97f.png

The video's black bars had text on it that said "Don't trust theme park rides"

double-facepalm-through-face-i0.png.52e54954c39cc1cc75a299d7e3b4101e.png

And one of the comments said "I hope everyone's okay"

1604161_orig.png.5167eb85becd356a0d1931bb201691d6.png

"I hope everyone's okay"

This other time, my friend from England told me he went to Orlando, to Disney World.

Me: ... You do realize that the Space Mountain in Orlando doesn't go upside down, right?

Me: Don't you mean the one in Paris? Cause that's the only one out of all of them that has inversions.

Then I proceeded to ask both his mom and his sister, and they too said that they remember it going upside down.

Rock n' Roller Coaster, perhaps?

At Disney in January, there was a slightly older couple on the bus from the airport. I overheard them have the following exchange:

Wife: "Did we get those FastPass things?"

Husband: "No, I got parkhoppers instead, its a better deal."

Not really "weird", but I thought it was somewhat amusing.

Four boys talking about roller coasters while waiting to board Grizzly at KD...

One says: "The biggest roller coaster in the world is Top Thrill Dragster at Six Flags Great Adventure...or maybe it's Six Flags in Texas."

Other boys: "Ooooohhhhh...awesome!"

I knew this was coming today.

My brother: OMG! Boomerang derailed! Six Flags is going to get demolished because of this just like Astroworld did when

XLR-8 Derailed! R.I.P. SFSTL!

Me: Bro, they closed Astroworld because Six Flags had problems with the Astrodome.

Bro: BUT BOOMERANG! WHY!?

Me:

image.jpeg.5afa7450d52049a95ec9297e5ff39a6d.jpeg

Yesterday while I was at Canada's Wonderland in line for Skyhawk, I heard many people say that Skyhawk replaced SledgeHammer. But if they only looked to their left, they would have seen SledgeHammer operating! Some people need to use their eyes more!

Rock n' Roller Coaster, perhaps?

Nope. they had told me about the Rock n' Roller Coaster beforehand.

The GP's reaction to Valravn on Facebook...

-After the problems at Alton Towers I am totally put off by these rides. It seems money is more important and that they cut corners where safety is concerned.

-"Final destination" the movie made me to avoid such an extraordinary means of entertainment

-this look dangerous

-Can you really trust a rollercoaster that has a name that sounds like it was on sale at Ikea?

-There's no amount of money that could get me on that ride ! Some one will die on this thing !

-Oh my doesn't even look safe

-Busch Gardens has had this ride for two years.

-After the problems at Alton Towers I am totally put off by these rides. It seems money is more important and that they cut corners where safety is concerned.

-"Final destination" the movie made me to avoid such an extraordinary means of entertainment

-this look dangerous

-Can you really trust a rollercoaster that has a name that sounds like it was on sale at Ikea?

-There's no amount of money that could get me on that ride ! Some one will die on this thing !

Ok, you gotta admit that one is pretty funny.

-this look dangerous

Ok, you gotta admit that one is pretty funny.

When I was at Canada's Wonderland last Friday, there was a woman and her children riding Shockwave and she told them not to unbuckle the redundant belt even though the ride operator instructed the riders to do so. She said "the restraint would open and they would fall out and get hurt". I find it quite surprising how some people think that the redundant belt is the only thing that holds the restraint down! The redundant belt is only there if the restraint were to fail. But, if the redundant belt was holding down the restraint, you would be moving around in your seat a lot!