TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

...and Millennium Force is a hyper with a few feet added on.

...and Magnum isn't a hyper, but with a few feet added on. So, it is... a hyper...

Yeah...

Magnum is an Arrow Mine Train with a few feet added on...

Maverick is I305 is a few feet taken off...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overheard at the exit of Powder Keg today: "A launched giga coaster--that's what Worlds of Fun needs."

The moral of this story, kids: Don't say stupid things. It'll be posted in the Internet.

That actually sounds awesome to me! I don't know if I missed the point, but I'm guessing you mean it's stupid because it doesn't exist? It should exist!

A launched Giga coaster does sound interesting! I think the reason why the kids were accused of saying stupid things is because they had this idea while at Silver Dollar City and not at Worlds of Fun. So, they may have been confused as to which park they were at or they actually meant a launched giga coaster should open at Worlds of Fun.

Or maybe they thought Powder Keg was a launched giga, and said Worlds of Fun should get one too.

Bingo. CoasterGypsy wins the Guess the Context Contest. Sorry, probably could have made that more clear.

But really why it's dumb is that everyone seems to have an opinion about what this or that park needs, without really understanding anything about the business at all. And they weren't children; that was a figure of speech.

• 2 weeks later...

*watching a video of the fastest roller coasters in the world*

*the intro is a video of the Goliath RMC*

12 year old kid: "Is that Thorpe Park?"

(a few years ago)

*discussing theme parks*

A 13-14 year old kid tries to convince me that Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park (a large travelling fair) is a theme park. I was having none of it. He went on and on about it.

This was a couple of years ago.

*discussing theme parks (again)*

A 14-15 year old kid: "I went to Busch Gardens one day and rode the Cheetah"

Me: "Which Busch Gardens?"

Kid: "What are you talking about? I went to Busch Gardens!"

Me: "There are two Busch Gardens parks, Busch Gardens Tampa and Busch Gardens Williamsburg."

Kid: "No, there's only Busch Gardens!!!!!"

Me: *sigh* "There are two Busch Gardens parks. Also, it's not Cheetah, it's Cheetah HUNT."

Kid: "NO! THE RIDE IS ONLY CALLED CHEETAH!"

Me: "It's called Cheetah HUNT and it's at Busch Gardens Tampa."

Kid: "You know nothing about roller coasters. I went to Busch Gardens and rode the Cheetah."

Me: "First of all, I'm the guy who knows more. Second of all, it's Busch Gardens TAMPA. Third of all, it's Cheetah HUNT. There you go, you learnt something today!" *walks away*

Kid: "YOU'RE WRONG!!!"

I used, USED to be friends with him.

And this false information miscalculating the inversions:

Screenshot_78.png.364878e774c16e6b78eac775dc9a7fe1.png

That goes to The Smiler, thank you.

*watching a video of the fastest roller coasters in the world*

*the intro is a video of the Goliath RMC*

12 year old kid: "Is that Thorpe Park?"

(a few years ago)

*discussing theme parks*

A 13-14 year old kid tries to convince me that Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park (a large travelling fair) is a theme park. I was having none of it. He went on and on about it.

This was a couple of years ago.

*discussing theme parks (again)*

A 14-15 year old kid: "I went to Busch Gardens one day and rode the Cheetah"

Me: "Which Busch Gardens?"

Kid: "What are you talking about? I went to Busch Gardens!"

Me: "There are two Busch Gardens parks, Busch Gardens Tampa and Busch Gardens Williamsburg."

Kid: "No, there's only Busch Gardens!!!!!"

Me: *sigh* "There are two Busch Gardens parks. Also, it's not Cheetah, it's Cheetah HUNT."

Kid: "NO! THE RIDE IS ONLY CALLED CHEETAH!"

Me: "It's called Cheetah HUNT and it's at Busch Gardens Tampa."

Kid: "You know nothing about roller coasters. I went to Busch Gardens and rode the Cheetah."

Me: "First of all, I'm the guy who knows more. Second of all, it's Busch Gardens TAMPA. Third of all, it's Cheetah HUNT. There you go, you learnt something today!" *walks away*

Kid: "YOU'RE WRONG!!!"

I used, USED to be friends with him.

And this false information miscalculating the inversions:

[attachment=0]Screenshot_78.png[/attachment]

You stopped being friends with a person b/c of his knowledge on coasters? That's being a ass

I'm getting ready to post a long diatribe refuting their claims.

There's no point. It a troll video. And there's several (other?) people commenting to support it.

That entire channel is filled with troll videos.

Look at this one:

I laughed my ass off watching this video!!

A comment I found:

i saw on this ride on a video it shows the staff wearing safety helmets yet they are not providing them to the riders. THats pretty bad. surely there should be helmet laws for them to operate these rides.

Later:

Helmets and face guards eye protection would increase safety. an insect like a bee hitting somebodies eye at 30 mph would be bad and at 50mph even worse. eye protection glasses should be worn on roller coasters minimum

Outside Formula Rossa and that god-awful looping toboggan, there's a word that describes these measures: Overkill.

SFMM Enlightenment Leader. This guy HAS to be trolling.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqt7ZqZP3wZZk-BLpSf7ZAg/videos

"Air claims to be the first flying coaster, but we all know Tatsu is"

"The Smiler is in a lesser park"

"Maverick's track ripped off Green Lantern's track"

"Corkscrew at Cedar Point rips off Viper"

"Dominator at Kings Dominion claims to be the longest floorless in the world, but we all know Scream is"

"Raptor at Cedar Point ripped off Batman: The Ride at SFMM"

"Tower of Terror 2 has a Lex Luthor rip-off on the side of it"

"Mantis at Cedar Point rips off Riddler's Revenge"

He has GOT to be trolling. There is NO way he isn't trolling.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate when people go under the assumption that if a ride doesn't have OTSRs then it isn't safe.

This is my mom.... it bothers me so much because she thinks that she will fall out. I tell her that they wouldnt make them like that if they werent safe. Not sure why she is still my mother.

GP: "Dude El Toro is totally not a safe ride!"

Me: "Why not?"

GP: "Because as I was going over a hill I came flying out of my seat and I almost went sailing out of the train! I would have died if I didn't quickly grab my lap bar."

GP: "Dude El Toro is totally not a safe ride!"

Me: "Why not?"

GP: "Because as I was going over a hill I came flying out of my seat and I almost went sailing out of the train! I would have died if I didn't quickly grab my lap bar."

I hear stuff like this all the time; for a while my friend was afraid to go on any coasters that just had lap bars because she was afraid of falling out

In my English class, we had to write a narrative. The teacher said that you could stretch out/make up a story. Anyway, I did mine based on me "falling out of Maverick" (just to make myself laugh of course ). I got it graded and on the comments section, he wrote, "Wow! Scary! Did this actually happen?" Always knew I hated this guy.

I saw this website showing ten awesome coasters after searching up for weird knockoff coasters. Number 2 was Kingda Ka. Here's the stupid part:

"2. King Da Ka

The King Da Ka is a knockoff mega coaster of the Dragster at Cedar Point."

Kingda Ka? Knockoff??

Well, it is essentially TTD, so I'm sure they were going for the "clone" angle...

**note** Yes, I know there is an airtime hill and the stats are slightly different... Most GP won't realize that however..