TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Both days at the park, I heard at least 1 person (including a ride op ) say that "the back seat is faster!"

I think they really mean the train is going faster by the time the back seat goes over the drop, and I think they know it doesn't actually "go faster," but it just sounds funny. As if the back car will go faster and somehow end up in the station before the rest of the train

It's quicker and easier to tell guests that the back is faster than try to take the time to explain it accurately... only to be met by a blank stare.

"The back is faster" being wrong is subjective. If they are talking about it going faster at the same *time* then yeah that's stupid, but the back technically does go a different speed per track section. Like the top of a lift hill, the back starts to speed up whereas when the front was in that spot it was chugging along at lift hill speed.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when climbing a hill, the back will start to slow down in an earlier track segment than the front.

Back on the topic of GP, I ran into a guy I could have sworn was an enthusiast at SFFT last month, and I have a friend who's slowly converting (he points out stuff like cobra rolls), so maybe, just maybe, a few members of the GP are getting just a little smarter.

^I've noticed this too; a select few of the GP is getting smarter. Like after getting off Hurler at KD I heard this woman behind me say "That was really rough. They should bring Rocky Mountain in and have them make it a steel coaster". I honestly wasn't sure if she was an enthusiast or just a really smart GP but that kind of knowledge is kinda impressive. Also on I305 the year before one of the guys in our car said to his friends "This coaster is like Maverick with the fast twists but bigger and badder". This is a good sign, people are smartening up!

Edited by Coaster Hero

^I've noticed this too; a select few of the GP is getting smarter. Like after getting off Hurler at KD I heard this woman behind me say "That was really rough. They should bring Rocky Mountain in and have them make it a steel coaster". I honestly wasn't sure if she was an enthusiast or just a really smart GP but that kind of knowledge is kinda impressive. Also on I305 the year before one of the guys in our car said to his friends "This coaster is like Maverick with the fast twists but bigger and badder". This is a good sign, people are smartening up!

There is more information out there than there ever has been, but that doesn't mean people are smarter. We still have gems like this:

"Every year they have Fear Week where they make all the coasters 5 mph faster!"

"People are stupid" has been my mantra for years, and though every so often someone thinks they'll prove me wrong, the mountain of evidence of human stupidity just keeps growing larger.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

"No really, they speed up the chain lifts and make the launches faster!"

The sad thing is that I know the people who believe this crap, and it pains me to know that they don't understand the concept of gravity.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Probably yes.

Some idiot in my school on a Thorpe Park trip:

"How exactly are roller coasters fun? I know some people can have fun, but they make lots scream, so how are they fun?"

Half an hour later on the coach ride back home:

"Stealth was the best one at the park!"

"I loved Stealth!"

"Stealth was so scary but I loved it!"

Did you ride the Swarm?" That was great!"

"The Swarm was so scary and fun!"

"Stealth was fun!"

"I wanted to ride Stealth again!"

"Did you ride Stealth?"

"Stealth was so good!"

He literally did not shut up about Stealth and Swarm. Also, he couldn't have gone on Stealth and Swarm in half an hour because of the queues. You just can't say that roller coasters aren't fun and then constantly brag about how good they were...

On some other occasions:

"Did you go on the yellow one?"

The blue one looks so scary!"

I want to ride the red one!"

Is that GP if they just say what the colour of the ride is when the name of the ride is clearly shown?

In line for SFNE's Bizarro yesterday morning. They were still sending test trains through close to 11:00 AM.

Person directly behind me, to his girlfriend:

"Yeah, they're just sending empty trains through so they can create demand for Flash Passes. It's all about the money."

I don't remember the full quote, but there was a guy at Fiesta Texas who was probably in his 40's, and I heard him say that the difference between Rattler and Iron Rattler is that Iron Rattler has brick over top of the wood. "They just put brick on it." I almost laughed out loud when he said that.

In line for SFNE's Bizarro yesterday morning. They were still sending test trains through close to 11:00 AM.

Person directly behind me, to his girlfriend:

"Yeah, they're just sending empty trains through so they can create demand for Flash Passes. It's all about the money."

I'm surprised he isn't a TPR member already!

I don't get it.

In the video, he clearly says that top thrill dragster is 400ft tall.

But yet he says Wicked Twister is the tallest in the world......... At 215ft.

There is not having your facts your facts right, which is common with the GP.

But this takes everything to A WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF DUMB.

I was in line waiting for the boss six flags st.louis. lady in front of me kept looking at the coaster following it as it went around. She said i cant see it. I asked what was she looking for. She replied im looking for the rope that pulls the coaster around the track. Well to make a long story short. She finally understand after explaining it to her...been with her 12 years ever since.

"this roller coaster is one among the thrilling roller coasters in Six Flags roller coasters"

That's the best sentence I've read all week

I think "Six Flags Roller Coasters" describes SFGAdv pretty well!

*SFMM. SFGAdv doesn't fit that description nearly as well as SoCal's alternative.