TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In line for SKC at SFFT..

GP 1: "Oh they re-did this ride, it used to have something like track above you. It wasn't like this last year."

GP and friend we're talking about it for a couple minutes.

I'm pretty sure they were thinking of Goliath which is across the park.

At least they didn't say it was their favorite because it was a standup coaster (I've heard people say that before)

also the most stereotypical thing for a GP to say is this:

"So liek i herd frum my cousin's girlfriend that some1 died on THE SUPERMAN at SIX FLAGS because it got stuck UPSIDEDOWN and they liek fell OUT!!"

Carowinds did a great job marketing Fury as the tallest Giga coaster, 95% of the people think it's the tallest coaster in the world!

Someone can build a 299.9ft coaster and say they've got the tallest Mega coaster in the world.

I had the same thought the other day. It would be funny to see how close they could get without officially going over.

^Haha, true. And then it would go like

299,9ft

299,99ft

299,999ft

and on and on

I don't really blame the GP for thinking fury is the tallest and fastest coaster in the world given how it was marketed.

More like a cute 10-year-old comment than GP, but...

I had a camper who said she was afraid to go on Sheikra because she got scared on El Toro and Sheikra is steeper and taller. I tried to explain to her that El Toro is way more freaking intense than Sheikra, but she didn't understand. Hopefully, she'll still ride Sheikra!

Also, I'm pretty sure there aren't any laws restricting coasters except for safety and regional height restrictions. It's not like a coaster can be illegal because it is too scary.

Yeah, to my understanding, it comes down to guest appeal, initial and long-term costs to the park, and how long it will take to get the return on investment.

When you have a big park like your typical Magic Mountain that needs to keep buzz going to stay relevant, you need a terrifying-looking roller coaster or attraction that has appeal to the people watching and the kind of ride experience that gives riders a reason to brag to their friends later. Smaller, more focused parks like Knoebels could definitely pull off a Mega Lite or a coaster like it because they have a loyal fanbase who come to the park anyway regardless of what kind of attraction (if any) they decide to install that year.

I just can't stand the "U.S Coasters are dumbed down" argument to explain why we don't have any Intamin Mega-Lites or Expedition GeForce clones. I can debunk that entire argument with three names. Intimidator 305, Skyrush, and Fury 325.

I mean, all three of those are the largest coasters in their respective parks. Intimidator and Fury joined an "elite" group of coasters that used to only include Millennium Force, so there's the marketing and bragging tool (OMFG 300 FEET TALL!!!!1!). Skyrush is slightly gimmicky but you can see the darned thing from a very large radius around the park. They're three very intense and / or aggressive coasters that likely only exist in their current forms because they're marketable.

I posted a picture of Vortex and The Beast at Kings Island on my Instagram account, and someone commented: "Son of Beast is better but the carts flew off the track."

To be fair, SOB did have a bad accident, but absolutley nothing close to a Final Destination 3 like disaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much this whole article/list is cringe-worthy to me...yeah, I understand that not every state is going to have something amazing to show parks-wise (trust me, I'm from Arizona), but some of these choices are awful! Pretty obvious that some of them were chosen just because they're new rides too. In all fairness, some of the choices actually aren't bad...in fact, I agree with a few of them! But the one for Delaware cracked me up!

50 States, 50 Thrill Rides Across America (PHOTOS)

Another one- I went to SFMM on Saturday and went on Viper...while I was waiting for the next train, a guest waiting a couple of rows down from me says to the rest of his party, "See how the headrests are designed? They did this so that if you barf on the loops it won't hit anyone."

But I will give credit where it's due- went back to SFMM last night, and on Scream I heard a guest say to his group (in a sarcastic tone), "You know what I like most about this ride? That it was built over a parking lot!" So maybe some of the GP are catching on...or maybe not and who I actually overheard was a TPR member!

On Saturday I was standing in line for Flight of Fear at KD when a POV of Fury 325 starts playing on the TV's. I then hear people behind me starting talking about how that's the new coaster we are getting and that it's going in Shockwave's place when it is torn down the following day.

Both days at the park, I heard at least 1 person (including a ride op ) say that "the back seat is faster!"

I think they really mean the train is going faster by the time the back seat goes over the drop, and I think they know it doesn't actually "go faster," but it just sounds funny. As if the back car will go faster and somehow end up in the station before the rest of the train

This wasn't really something anyone said, but at the water park, each time the buzzer sounded for the wave cycle to start, a bunch of kids/teens would scream in unison.

bzzzzzzzzt

"Eeee!!"

I thought it was super funny hearing that every 10 minutes without fail!

Both days at the park, I heard at least 1 person (including a ride op ) say that "the back seat is faster!"

I think they really mean the train is going faster by the time the back seat goes over the drop, and I think they know it doesn't actually "go faster," but it just sounds funny. As if the back car will go faster and somehow end up in the station before the rest of the train

It's quicker and easier to tell guests that the back is faster than try to take the time to explain it accurately... only to be met by a blank stare.

A group of teenage girls were looking at a six flags over texas MAP right next to the batman and said, "Okay" pointing at the batman "That must be the SHOCKWAVE" Then on the map they pointed at shockwave and said, "Okay, so there is the batman" I WAS SHOCKED at their map reading skills