TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

The funniest thing I heard was this past week while visiting my local park Frontier City one of the shows is a Saloon style family show. Pretty funny entertaining show. Well the actors all dress in Old country Western Saloon style attire were outside promoting and getting guests to come into the saloon. Couple of the actresses dressed up as Can Can Girls went up to a family to promote the show and started to walk away. I overheard a 8 year old boy ask his Dad excitedly "Can we watch the show they have dancing girls!" LOL The look on the mothers face and the laugh from the dad were priceless.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember one moment when I visited Knott's last year. There was a school group at the entrance of GhostRider. I recall one chaperone saying, "If you're not tall enough to ride GhostRider, you can ride the Jaguar." WTF?! GhostRider and Jaguar have the same height restriction, but the two coasters are different in terms of intensity. Do your research!

Forum Posts:

Six Flags Great America needs to build a Vekoma SLC cause I haven't been on one.

Skyscreamer is not happening. Has anybody been paying attention to all of the problems various parks have had with those things? Not just SF but other parks as well? Six Flags is done with skyscreamers.

Forum Posts:

Six Flags Great America needs to build a Vekoma SLC cause I haven't been on one.

Skyscreamer is not happening. Has anybody been paying attention to all of the problems various parks have had with those things? Not just SF but other parks as well? Six Flags is done with skyscreamers.

1. If you've never been on an SLC before..... I envy you.

2. I think he/she/it is referring to Cedar Fair's Windseeker rides.

Lol

Forum Posts:

Lol

Not me, These are other people.

Forum Posts:

Lol

I actually haven't ridden any SLC. And I must say I am really curious and would like to have a go.

Forum Posts:

Lol

I actually haven't ridden any SLC. And I must say I am really curious and would like to have a go.

I've never ridden one either. However I've heard that they're either

A. Steel Mean Streaks

B. Smooth, but can never touch the thrill factor of a B&M Invert.

While waiting in line for Goliath at SFGAm: "It's a wooden coaster, so it can't go upside-down! It would fall off!" Seriously, have they not been looking at the coaster as it goes upside-down? I wish these people would be more attentive of their surroundings.

While waiting in line for Goliath at SFGAm: "It's a wooden coaster, so it can't go upside-down! It would fall off!" Seriously, have they not been looking at the coaster as it goes upside-down? I wish these people would be more attentive of their surroundings.

Well, it wasn't until Son of Beast (R.I.P.) that we got the idea of a modern, looping wooden coaster. Sure, that came out in 2000 but that's still relatively new for the 100+ years of roller coaster tech that's happened. And it wasn't until RMC came onto the scene in 2011 that we could really push the limits of what can be done on a wooden coaster. Plus, have you seen the hang-time on that thing? Of course people would be dumbfounded, knowledge of physics withstanding.

That being said... I remember this one lady at Disneyland refusing to go in Space Mountain because it "went upside-down".

^ Was she at least under age 5 or 6. When I was at Disney at that age, I happily did Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder, but wouldn't do Tower of Terror or Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. For Tower of Terror, it wasn't the ride that freaked me out, but rather the preshow. I didn't want to get struck by lightning and turned into a ghost. Then I didn't want to grt shrunken down on the other one.

My sister (she is 20) told me excitedly that they are building the worlds tallest coaster at 50 feet. This was after reading a news article of the PolerCoaster. She must have misread 500 ft but I humored her and continued to say things like "wow, 50 feet up? That is so tall!". It got to the point where I was trying to explain that 50 feet up was not very tall but she had none of it. It was not until I showed her the news article and explained that it was really 500 ft not 50 that she begrudgingly admitted her mistake.

I also argued with a stranger on how keeping my arms up was not a "stupid mistake that kills people."

I don't remember when or where I saw it, but I remember seeing pictures of comments on a page saying how people can not ride Goliath at SFGA because they will "fall out of their seats" and "the whole thing will fall apart on opening day" Does anyone have those pictures?