TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Oh, Facebook...Colossus wasn't even that great.

Oh my gosh for real?! This is sad to hear, first time I rode this I was 6 years old and just made the mark line. This ride is the flagship of Six Flags. Dang, I miss psycyclone.

Their taking it down because it's so old let's not get on this lol

I reallyyyyyy hope they build sumthing more insane the x2 there

These would seem somewhat more plausible if they actually contained correct English and common sense. /endrant

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video itself is sorta stupid. But look at the comments, especially about "King Kong." The original comment is a story about the guy's belt unbuckling on SFDK's Kong (built just like Oblivion, he says, he must mean the restraints) and some of the replies are stupid.

The video itself is sorta stupid. But look at the comments, especially about "King Kong." The original comment is a story about the guy's belt unbuckling on SFDK's Kong (built just like Oblivion, he says, he must mean the restraints) and some of the replies are stupid.

+TheGamersINK actually ur both wrong google it it's KINGDA KA so yea ur both wrong 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/07/08/a-short-history-of-people-getting-injured-on-amusement-park-rides/

The first part makes me cringe, especially this bit:

Amusement parks may seem like places for fun and games, but is that just a ruse to lull you into a false sense of security so you willingly climb into rides that explicitly promise to zig and zag you at a great speed while “narrowly” missing land and water? Maybe. Maybe not. There were more than 1,000 injuries on amusement park rides each year between 2003 and 2010, according to a report prepared by the National Safety Council for the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.

• 2 weeks later...
These are just a few of the ludicrous comments regarding Goliath (SFGAm) on ABC 7 Chicago's FB page...

-"I'm telling you this ride is structurally not safe. Final destination."

-"It's the NOPECOASTER!!!"

-"Invitation to your own death.... Yikes !"

-"Wooden? Pass. I wanna live."

-"Lets see who's gone die on this one I'm not.."

-"Forget it no thank you! !! It's made out wood too!! MY experience on the American Eagle when I was only 13 almost fell out thank God my bro grab me n hang on or else no more me ..."

-"Oh yeah another rider for people to die on!"

-"I hope that everyone that rides on this. Has good hospital or life insurance .. you must want to end your life sooner then later."

-"Please wait til they figure out hoe to keep the riders in their seats!"

-"Wood coasters are for the birds"

-"I wonder how many people will die off this thing over time.."

And the list just goes on...

First of all, from here on out, SFGAM Goliath will now be refered to as the Nopecoaster.

Secondly, my best friend claims that the first time he was on Mind Bender, he nearly fell out, but his dad held him in. Granted, the hight requirement for that ride has always seemed a bit low to me, but still.

Let me BUMP this thread with something... something that I don't know where to put... so I'll put it here. Just more theme park paranoia about lawsuits. This is an old article, but is worth reading-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/8472394/Butlins-bans-bumping-on-the-bumper-cars.html

Because dodging people driving around is so much fun! It's pretty much like driving in your car! [emoji37] I'm so glad my home park doesn't even have an island in the middle of the ride and allows head-to-head bumping. They don't exactly promote head-to-head, but they allow it to happen.

Let me BUMP this thread with something... something that I don't know where to put... so I'll put it here. Just more theme park paranoia about lawsuits. This is an old article, but is worth reading-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/8472394/Butlins-bans-bumping-on-the-bumper-cars.html

Because dodging people driving around is so much fun! It's pretty much like driving in your car! [emoji37] I'm so glad my home park doesn't even have an island in the middle of the ride and allows head-to-head bumping. They don't exactly promote head-to-head, but they allow it to happen.

For me personally i hate all bumper cars because when there were some still here that allowed you to crash when i was a kid i always got a bad nosebleed and one time it literally broke my nose.

A friend of mine who thinks he's an enthusiast, but is so obviously GP:

"They should connect Kingda Ka to Green Lantern because they're both green."

"They should make Nitro a stand-up."

And the best:

"They should build a coaster that is two way transportation between Great Adventure and NYC."

I almost forgot this one. It was when I went to Mt. Olympus last summer.... about an hour after opening, a father, mother and 3 kids behind me in line for Hades 360. They were all talking about how cool all the waterslides and go carts were and how excited they were to ride something as big as Hades and then the dad looks at the mom and says "I can't believe this place, why haven't we been here before, this place is great" then looks at the oldest kid and says "Six Flags in Chicago needs to come here and get some ideas, more amusement parks need to be operated like this!" I just sat there in disbelief for a moment before facepalming myself. I said "ideas on what, 20 ways to die?' I just got stared at for a minute with disgust as my friends and I laughed knowing they had no idea what they were in for the rest of the day. Then the dad says to the kids in a lower tone, as if to try for me not to hear him "how about we skip going to Six Flags on the way home and stay here 2 extra days"

At Kings Island, I overheard a man have an incredibly long and detailed discussion with his son how the Vekoma Inverted Boomerang could operate with 2 trains.

By the entrance to Adventure Express (the Arrow steel minetrain coaster) a woman refused to ride because she "doesn't ride wooden ones."

In line for Son of Beast, a kid explained to his friends, "This ride used to have a flip. They tore down the flip after someone died on it."