TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My school went on a field trip to Kennywood yesterday, and surprisingly there were almost no GP-isms!

While not an actual GP-ism, this is still pretty hilarious:

So on Aero 360, I didn't have anyone to ride with so I sat with a group of strangers kids. 2 of them were black. The older of the two (who was probably in high school) asked the ride attendant if he could take his shoes off, and the younger (and significantly smaller) one was quickly and humorously yelling "OH HELL NO NOBODY WANTS TO SMELL YOUR FEET THEY'RE NASTY THEY SMELL BAD LIKE ONIONS" and stuff like that. During the whole ride, the older one was constantly yelling "SH*T SH*T SH*T SH*T F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK", then when the ride significantly slowed down in the middle of going down so it can stop, everyone (but me) was scared as frick because they thought it broke down. After the ride ended and we were waiting for the operator to lift the restraints, the smaller one said "WOW THAT WAS AWESOME FIRST I WAS UPSIDE DOWN THEN I WASN'T THEN I WAS BACK UPSIDE DOWN" and so on. It was pretty funny

I'm also gonna laugh at all the kids who lost their phones trying to take "Roller Coaster Selfies"

^^ Slightly different, these comments are in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXMJqsJkvHs

Wow... Haven't seen this in about 10 years! Actually, this is probably one of the better coaster videos I've seen... Better than insane coaster wars

Around the 2:30 mark, it kinda shows how outdated this video is though... RMC, the coaster gods, are changing it all

Love how after 10-15 years, BTR clones are still awesome though

On the Facebook page for ABC 7 Chicago, there's a post about Goliath's station fire, and the amount of GP comments on there claiming that the ride is unsafe is absolutely ridiculous.

I saw this in the Goliath POV comment section:

"This was salvaged from the new Orleans six flags that was destroyed in hurricane Katrina right?"

Then someone said this, but he/she said that he/she doesn't know alot about roller coasters:

"Never knew a wooden coaster can do corkscrews and half loops.

This ride is sick!!!"

On a YouTube video, people were complaining that Cedar Point wasn't on a list of that video. What video, you may ask? The top 10 most visited parks in the world (not from 2013) and it is all based on factual information and Cedar Point fans were so upset that their "crown park" wasn't on the list when it's all based on facts.

While watching the Popular Mechanics for Kids video I noticed that they showed footage of Gemini when talking about wooden coasters at 2:08-2:16

Noticed that too! They also claimed she rode Psyclone 45 times in an hour...not really possible given its 1:50 ride duration.

But I do very much distinctly remember watching this episode when I was a kid. I was fascinated by the coasters, and this made me really want to go visit Magic Mountain. Of course, it took me another 15 years before I finally made it out there...

On a YouTube video, people were complaining that Cedar Point wasn't on a list of that video. What video, you may ask? The top 10 most visited parks in the world (not from 2013) and it is all based on factual information and Cedar Point fans were so upset that their "crown park" wasn't on the list when it's all based on facts.

Probably because most fans of CP and similar parks are used to non-resort parks. I imagine Disney parks and the like dominated the list.

Sorry for double post, but I feel that it is appropriate for this thread-

Comment-

booooring. if I want a coaster that goes forward and back I'll take Boomerang or Full Throttle

I put extra spaces in between "Full" and "Throttle" to avoid the censoring (YOLOcoaster.) Seriously, though. Full Throttle is a beast of a different kind and I figured you all would find the "GP LOVEZ BOOMERANGZ" comment to be funny (even though I'm fairly tolerant to headbanging, myself.)

^I would like to know what a 5th dimension coaster is.

I believe that X2 was kind of marketed as having an "extra dimension" compared to X because of the on-board audio and special effects.

I was reading comments and a guy commented on a Cedar Point video "can you guys add another train to Wicked Twister? I hate how the line gets so long and that would greatly improve the rides capacity."

It would have been interesting if one of the parks that purchased an Intamin impulse did something similar to Mr. Freeze.

Came across a Facebook post for a smaller amusement park of a woman who was pissed after taking her family to the park during the off season, only to find it closed. Apparently, she saw on the park's website a quote saying "Come join us today" and automatically assumed that meant the park was open. Poor choice of wording on the park's part? Maybe. But all she had to do was click one more button to take a look at the park's operating schedule which has been up for quite a while.

I just love it when the GP mistake two completely different rides for each other. On Six Flags America's photo of Roar, someone thought that Six Flags America was the same place as Great America, and so he took a look at Roar and said "Is that gliath?"