TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A gem from the 2014 announcements video posted earlier:

the spinning roller coaster is a copy of the Wild Mouse we have at our fair. they are trying to out do other parks with the steepest fastest coaster. well that one is not new. it can be found in a six flags park in NY. I have been on it. they call it the Comet and its vey old. and the sounds it makes are creepy. and the lap bars don't come down far enough. I have seen better more interesting rides in Japan, Sweden, Paris exc. it all looks stupid and unsafe to me. but lets try to out do the other parks and see if we cant get people killed shall we?

Where do I even begin with the stupidity this contains?

GP: "Oh you like roller coasters? My favorite one of all time is the one in China."

Me: "Which one?"

GP: "The one in Shanghai, the one that's as tall as those two really tall towers..."

Me: "... you mean the Shanghai World Financial Center??"

GP: "Yeah, it was superduper tall, but the drop only went a like halfway down and it wasn't very fast."

While in line for X2 last year, the lady next to me was telling her friends that she has been on the fastest roller coaster in the world, "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster" at Disney's Hollywood Studios. She said it went "90mph". Ironic that the ride we were in line for goes faster than that and on top of that, there's a ride at the same park we were at that goes over 90mph anyway (Superman EFK).

While in line for X2 last year, the lady next to me was telling her friends that she has been on the fastest roller coaster in the world, "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster" at Disney's Hollywood Studios. She said it went "90mph". Ironic that the ride we were in line for goes faster than that and on top of that, there's a ride at the same park we were at that goes over 90mph anyway (Superman EFK).

i don't think X2 goes >90mph

anyways, here's a very gp-like thing that happened in that cartoon network show "the amazing world of gmball". gumball and darwin went on a roller coaster. the first gp thing that happens is that the ride is named "stomach destroyer," i mean seriously? at least spongebob got creative with fiery fist o' pain! so anyways, the show has irl photos for backgrounds, and the background was some eurofighter painted yellow with purple supports. and gumball and darwin were the only people there! not an operator in sight! at least in sanjay and craig there was an operator (although he said he didn't give a crud that they had a heart condition)! so anyways, then when the ride started, they started lifting up the vertical loop! then it showed them at the top of the lift, and it was the actual lift hill this time (thank god), but they were going up the drop (ok nevermind, i'm taking that thanks back)! and when it dropped, it just suddenly accelerated down, and when they looked their ride picture, it was them on a wooden coaster. all hope is now lost

Of course it doesn't.. I meant it goes faster than Rock 'n' Roller Coaster which is why I added that on top of that, there is a ride that goes faster than 90mph at the park being Superman EFK.

oh ok sorry i said that because you said you were in line for X2 then rocknrollercoaster going 90mph and x2 goes faster than THAT, which made me think you were talking about the 90mph

Of course it doesn't.. I meant it goes faster than Rock 'n' Roller Coaster which is why I added that on top of that, there is a ride that goes faster than 90mph at the park being Superman EFK.

oh ok sorry i said that because you said you were in line for X2 then rocknrollercoaster going 90mph and x2 goes faster than THAT, which made me think you were talking about the 90mph

EDIT: wtf why did it post twice?

^I think he meant X2 goes faster than rocknRollercoaster.

Also, it's a cartoon, s what does it matter.

i know and usually i don't pay attention to unrealistic things, but when it comes to roller coasters or amusement parks in general, i get more strict. like on spongebob's glove world i hate how that tall swingy ride just spins at the top and you never see it come down to load, but i'm ok with the episode tunnel of glove even though there were buttons that would never be on an irl ride because that is humorous, but the swing ride is unacceptable

I hate it when the GP thinks that wooden coaster's aren't safe. It drives me out of my mind!

For me it bothers me the most when people think wooden roller coaster haven't been made in over eighty years and that they're old school rides.

When I retired from BGW, I knew I would miss the interaction with guests and the atmosphere. But now, I love going to the park as a guest and observe how people act and react to the coaster line up the park has.

-Recently, during Christmas Town event, I overheard a large group of guests in the Verbolten que area talking about the drop inside the event building. The best line yet is that people are convinced that the park designed the event building (not the track) to actually move! Not the drop caused by the coaster itself, but that the ENTIRE building raises and lowers to create the effect. How's that for a discussion?