TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple good ones I heard at Disneyland last week (all Disneyland related conversations between random guests)...

In line for Space Mountain:

(Safety Video: Space Mountain is a thrilling, high speed roller coaster type ride in the dark...)

Guest 1: "So this is a roller coaster type ride, not an actual roller coaster?"

Guest 2: "No, it's only a simulated roller coaster."

In line for Astro Orbitor:

Guest 1: "What movie is this ride based on?"

Guest 2: "I don't think it's based on a movie."

Guest 1: "Everything at Disneyland is based on a movie. Some are just really obscure."

Also overheard this from someone who appeared to be a Disney fanatic (talking to one of their friends):

"Have you tried the new Flying Thru California ride over in Adventureland yet? I heard it's pretty good."

Finally, from someone I rode Mickey's Fun Wheel (swinging cars) with:

"I'll ride any coaster at Six Flags no problem, but I ain't ever doing that again."

Finally, from someone I rode Mickey's Fun Wheel (swinging cars) with:

"I'll ride any coaster at Six Flags no problem, but I ain't ever doing that again."

I completely understand that sentiment. Instead of swinging/non-swinging they need to designate the cars as motion sickness/no motion sickness!

Well one time me and my dad were at Kings Island, and we were waiting in line to ride the Avatar : last airbender ride. We started talking about scoobys ghoster coaster and where they might have stored it or if they just scrapped it. Well thats when the people chimed in behind us and told us that the ghoster coaster was now called Fairly odd coaster. My dad and i just looked at eachother and said "oh ok" xD

Opening night at CGA's Haunt, we saw somebody go down in an area they shouldn't have (left the maze queue that's already situated back stage) and relieve himself on Gold Striker...maybe he thought he would 'help it grow' by 'watering the coaster.'

Yes, people disgust me.

I hope that ghostly figure is the guy because if not....

A couple of nights ago when I went to HHN in Hollywood, I encountered a very fine gentleman acting like a drug addict. As I was going up the escalator to hit El Cucuy, this really clumsy and irritated dude started tripping on the escalator and proceed to slam the side wall out of anger. It was becoming very clear this fine gentleman has blown his mind on drugs. He hobbled past the snack stand, GRABBED one of the cotton candies, and angrily stormed along with it. I was right behind him, and the snack person just looked at him, not saying a word. He ripped off the plastic and began throwing pieces of it at the guests yelling, "FREE POPCORN!" As there was cotton candy all over the escalator, he started talking on his phone. He was asking his friend if he wanted to die or something like that. He saw me filming and started talking to me. "Hey, want me to show you around the world? I'll do so by throwing you off this bridge." He grabbed the hand my iPod was holding and tried to drag me like he wanted to throw me off. Very strange encounter indeed.

I even have video evidence of this occurance:

But it doesn't stop there. He got a little ahead of me and started screaming at everyone while on the phone. He then grabbed a guy going down the escalator by the shirt and screamed at him, "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TONIGHT!" The really high guy then fell over with his feet up in the air. The victim yelled, "Hey! You tore my shirt!" That's when everyone on the escalator looked at him. He continued to stomp off into the fog and everyone, including me, reported him. I hope he got arrested.

A couple of nights ago when I went to HHN in Hollywood, I encountered a very fine gentleman acting like a drug addict. As I was going up the escalator to hit El Cucuy, this really clumsy and irritated dude started tripping on the escalator and proceed to slam the side wall out of anger. It was becoming very clear this fine gentleman has blown his mind on drugs. He hobbled past the snack stand, GRABBED one of the cotton candies, and angrily stormed along with it. I was right behind him, and the snack person just looked at him, not saying a word. He ripped off the plastic and began throwing pieces of it at the guests yelling, "FREE POPCORN!" As there was cotton candy all over the escalator, he started talking on his phone. He was asking his friend if he wanted to die or something like that. He saw me filming and started talking to me. "Hey, want me to show you around the world? I'll do so by throwing you off this bridge." He grabbed the hand my iPod was holding and tried to drag me like he wanted to throw me off. Very strange encounter indeed.

I even have video evidence of this occurance:

But it doesn't stop there. He got a little ahead of me and started screaming at everyone while on the phone. He then grabbed a guy going down the escalator by the shirt and screamed at him, "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TONIGHT!" The really high guy then fell over with his feet up in the air. The victim yelled, "Hey! You tore my shirt!" That's when everyone on the escalator looked at him. He continued to stomp off into the fog and everyone, including me, reported him. I hope he got arrested.

You win this thread.

I was at SFGAdv last Monday sitting at an outdoor table at Best of the West when a group of about eight 20-somethings sat down at the 2 tables behind me with some beers and tried to decide what to ride next. One of the girls said "You wanna ride the 4D multi-sensory coaster experience Bizzaro or some old wooden coaster El Toro?" The tone of her voice apparently she was really pushing for Bizzaro(ex Medusa).

There is a fair bit wrong with that statement not that Bizzaro is a horrible ride but

I then felt the urge to immediately ride El Toro to make sure the mean lady didn't hurt its feelings with the insult.

This conversation has happened about ten times now.

Me: I'm visiting Scandinavia next year on a theme park tour.

GP: Huh? They have those there? Really?

I get that that part of the world isn't really known for it's parks but still, it shouldn't be all that surprising that some actually *exist*!

Getting off of Grizzly at KD my friends said this:

"Did you see that? They weren't on the tracks. We completely jumped the track"

If anybody is familiar with Grizzly. You'll know that when you're on the brake run, the brakes sort of push the train/cars in the air little. So of course when the brakes released the cars dropped so a bunch of people on the train were freaking out.

Every time the Kings Island Halloween Haunt commercial comes on (the one with the zombies on Silver Bullet that I assume is the same across the chain) my dad asks me if it's Top Gun (referring to the one at Carowinds). I tell him it isn't and that it's Silver Bullet. The conversation has gone a few different places, but this one was just legendary!

Dad: Jarrett, is that Top Gun?

Me: No, it's Silver Bullet at Knotts Berry Farm in California.

Dad: But it looked like Top Gun!

Me: The ride hardware's the same for all coasters of that model. They all look like that.

Dad: But it has that curved drop like Top Gun.

Me: Almost all coasters like that do that. Alpengeist and Batman did too if you remember.

Dad: Okay...

Me: [pulls up pictures of Afterburn and Silver Bullet on iPad] This is Afterburn-

Dad: Where's that one?

Me: Carowinds...

Dad: Oh, you mean Top Gun? Okay.

Me: Here's Silver Bullet

Dad: It's the same thing...

Me: Silver Bullet's drop isn't as flared an you can see the colors are different.

Dad: Oh, I don't care about the colors.

I've not been on Silver Bullet but if it's as icky as I hear it is he might learn something if I get him on it! My old man has decent taste in coasters but has NO idea how to tell what one does by watching it offride. We pull up to Carowinds and he can't tell what Intimidator does! IT'S A BIG FRICKIN HUGE SINUSOID WRAPPED AROUND THE PARK!!!!

That conversation goes up there with the talk I had with my cousin about why X2 and GateKeeper weren't the same kind if coaster.

The same cousin that thinks that X-Scream at the Stratosphere is a credit but Top Thrill Dragster isn't. And my sister (trying to mess with me when I was on an "I hate Vekoma boomerangs" rant) told me that my favorite park (Cedar Point) had one. I tell her it doesn't. Wicked Twister" she exclaimed, trying to know something about coasters I didn't.

I should probably stop before my family somehow stumbles upon this post... They're awesome, I wouldn't trade then for anyone, but some of the things they try to tell me about parks are just funny!

once in line for fahrenheit these girls were talking about it and one was scared of it because it "has loops" and the other said "its ok, theres no loops it just goes sideways but never upside down"

on tpr's pov of expidition GeForce someone said it's a copy of Pepsi max big one

in line for idlewild's wild mouse I overheard someone comparing it to top thril dragster

in line for Skyrush someone refused to go on because they didn't like "loops"

my little sister's friend thinks idlewild's watermark has thinks copied from Hershey's, such as wowabunga wave pool and floataway bay

at school I said that I wonder what the roller coaster on the algebra 1 book cover was and this kid said "maybe Hershey park" because I live in Cumberland Maryland so the only parks anyone knows about are kennywood and Hershey

the gp is stupid, aren't they?

I win this thread.

Check out this guy. Here's a taste.

"Why would you like Cedar Point? It's such a dirty and terrible park. Six Flags Magic Mountain cares about quality and is actually clean. So let us continue to enlighten Six Flags Magic Mountain and kill the lesser parks in the world with Cedar Point to kill first."

Check out this link:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqt7ZqZP3wZZk-BLpSf7ZAg

I win this thread.

Check out this guy. Here's a taste.

"Why would you like Cedar Point? It's such a dirty and terrible park. Six Flags Magic Mountain cares about quality and is actually clean. So let us continue to enlighten Six Flags Magic Mountain and kill the lesser parks in the world with Cedar Point to kill first."

Check out this link:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqt7ZqZP3wZZk-BLpSf7ZAg

He seems to be simply looking for some attention as many of his comments have intentionally wrong facts to make Magic Mountain "look good".