TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who is a coaster enthusiast, but refuses to identify as such because he thinks coaster enthusiasts are nerds. He associates Robb with a fat loser who only enjoys airtime and hates inversions. Anyways, we go to Kings Island and he loves Invertigo and Flight of Fear more than Diamondback. We are talking about a remixed Boomerang (though I will admit it is better than a typical Boomerang) and a bumpy, jerky coaster that is trimmed to death.

^LOL... JUST LOL

Oh, and as for the airtime/hating inversions, although I don't hate inversions... I agree with Robb as far as liking airtime, and come to think of it, I really don't care if a ride has inversions or not.

Anyway, enough with that. Onto my ZGP comments!

Here are the things I hate the most from the GP:

1. "does this ride have loops?" While standing right in front of the ride

2. Thinking a ride is unsafe because it doesn't have OTSRs

3. When a ride breaks down and the GP leave not because they don't want to wait, but think its unsafe and will never ride it again.

4. How most GP think ALL steel coasters should be smooth.

^Unfortunately, although I DO NOT believe that boomerangs provide any airtime (except for that 1 time where I ended up getting a little pop ofcair coming out of the cobra role backwards), I do find that dropping down the backward spikes gives me a few butterflie in my stomach.

I guess rides are like the FPS game wars in the sense that, there are really well made games like BF3 (Orcin our case a b&m), but the average Jo/GP will always fall for something that is overhyped and takes' itself too seriously like COD (in our case, am SLC).

Just my opinion, take it how you will

^I never said he thought Boomerangs have airtime, I said he thinks Invertigo makes his stomach drop more than any airtime hill he's been on. He knows more than your average GP, but he has some weird ways to rate coasters.

While in line for Revolution at SFMM, some guy in front of me had clearly not been on very many roller coasters. He kept mentioning how much he was scared to go on this ride and wondered if he would die (He looked like he was either a sophomore or junior in HS). I decided to pull his leg and tel him that 50 died on this ride earlier today because the loop caused too much stress on their brains. He believed me and started telling his friends what I said out of concern.

I told him I was kidding afterwards and told him how he's 10x more likely to die driving the car on the freeway than to die on a coaster.

^I never said he thought Boomerangs have airtime, I said he thinks Invertigo makes his stomach drop more than any airtime hill he's been on. He knows more than your average GP, but he has some weird ways to rate coasters.

K, I get ya, but it's strange... Airtime hills don't seem to cause my stomach to drop as much as stuff like boomerangs and drop towers either... Idk, it's weird. Maybe the angle you're held at before the drop?

Anyway, ya, I have friends like that too, and sometimes it's almost worse having friends who are "half enthusiasts" instead of total GP.

Found on a YOLOCoaster POV:

[Great job on breaking park rules!]

Thanks!

And another I thought was funny:

I like your videos better than tpr. Those guys are always so rude to their members, especially that rob guy

>Implying people leaving stupid comments are site members

Found on a YOLOCoaster POV:

[Great job on breaking park rules!]

Thanks!

And another I thought was funny:

I like your videos better than tpr. Those guys are always so rude to their members, especially that rob guy

>Implying people leaving stupid comments are site members

What does being rude have to do with video quality? Besides, Robb's videos can be hilarious - "TWISTY!"

A few funny references I heard about rides over the weekend:

"Let's go on the Flight Deck thing!"

(Sister talking to me about her trip to the county fair and how her daughter/my niece wouldn't ride the Zamperla Energy Storm) "Yea, she wouldn't go on that twisty turny thing that holds you upside down for like 5 minutes!"

And yesterday when we were getting in line for Gold Striker (was currently down but we were standing by in hopes that downtime was minimal), this obnoxious guy comes behind and asks "Why is the ride down? They should have had things ironed out already!" He then proceeds to whistle up at the ride crew up in the station and shouting up at them rudely. Seriously, we don't need people like this around.

And one that got me laughing in agreement when in line for Gold Striker was hearing some GP saying that Grizzly sucks, and how Gold Striker is far better. Yay, smart GP!

^I'm pretty sure most TPR members that have been to Japan and ridden most of these "Japan design" coasters would disagree with what that guy says to quite an extent. If I had ever been to Japan, I would go so far to say the opposite, but I like my Arrow's rough

I was wondering is there a great coaster build by Japanese manufactires? Fujiyama and Bandit look painful and do not look like they have strong airtime hills

There isn't much made by Japanese manufacturers that good but the Ultra Twisters were made by TOGO along with Bandit I've heard good things about.

I was wondering is there a great coaster build by Japanese manufactires? Fujiyama and Bandit look painful and do not look like they have strong airtime hills

There isn't much made by Japanese manufacturers that good but the Ultra Twisters were made by TOGO along with Bandit I've heard good things about.

Ultra Twisters don't look smooth and Bandit looks painful when it enters the helix judging from the videos. Why doesn't it use lap bar like Fujiyama?

Ultra Twisters don't look smooth and Bandit looks painful when it enters the helix judging from the videos. Why doesn't it use lap bar like Fujiyama?

From Robb's rider cam videos the Ultratwisters appear to deliver very little head banging, same for Bandit. Also, no offense, but if people such as Robb and many others on this site have actually ridden these rides and said they were good, why claim otherwise only based on what you've assumed from looking at pictures?

From Robb's rider cam videos the Ultratwisters appear to deliver very little head banging, same for Bandit. Also, no offense, but if people such as Robb and many others on this site have actually ridden these rides and said they were good, why claim otherwise only based on what you've assumed from looking at pictures?

Yes, you are right... I didn't expect Mega-Lite to be that intense judging from the pics and I was totally shocked by how intense it was.

I have stood at the entrance to Batman and have had people ask, "Does this go upside down?" I know some said it to be funny, but others looked like they were dead serious.

If it looks like they're serious and don't like upside down roller coasters, say it doesn't go upside down and wait by the exit