TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

Well, I'm a bit disappointed now, hearing that people have heard all of this stuff from GP while in line... It seems to me that whenever I'm at a park, I'll never hear any good stuff. It's almost making me want to go to the small, sketchy carnival across town this weekend just to hear a few good comments lol.

I've also noticed that whenever I'm at a park, as I do not live close to one, I'll kinda go into GP mode whenever I'm there, dropping most of the analytical stuff, and just having fun with friends. Anyone else notice this?

We usually nerd out but have fun. I'm always at the park with fellow TPR members these days

Hearing GP stuff at the park provides some nice conversations at the table afterwards when grabbing dinner.

Well, guess my experience is a bit different than some, as there really aren't many enthusiasts in my area, or who I know personally (only know a few online). Also, whenever I go to parks or carnivals, I always go with GP (their pretty smart ppl tho, so usually don't get any comments worth mentioning on here ), so ya, going with a group of GP vs. enthusiasts would change the experience I guess.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard like at least 300 people said roller coasters are not safe, they only use the wheel above the track and if the designer calculates wrong, the train will fall off and everybody will die!!!!!

Also 99% of the people here think inversions are the most thrilling part of coasters!!!!!

And, around 60% of the people around me think ALL coasters have an engine to motor it so when there is no electricity, it would stop on the track. Imagine you are in the 121 degrees part of Takabisha.

Nearly everyone hold on tight while taking a coaster because they think the structure will hit your hands if you put your hands up.

I am getting used to it that I don't want to explain to them anymore unless we are friends or he or she really want to know something about coasters.

I was at BGW for a bit this morning, and sat next to some random guy on Verbolten:

Random Guy: You ever been to Hersheypark?

Me: Yes, a few times.

Random Guy: They have a launched coaster there, too. I think it's called "Ghostrider."

A launched version of Ghostrider would be too horrifying to contemplate.

Random guy must have a great visual memory!

gr_sr.PNG.dd803f809bdb3b4a350b9886a52cd07c.PNG

Ok, here's a tough one. (Mistake cleared. Over. )

Today in the news : "A man falls out of a funfair ride in Ouzbekistan". But look at the video! It's only a freaking vest!

The best part of the article is : "He's seriously injured, but survived the fall". What the...?

Edited by KingRCT3

So I just watched GCI's Gold Striker POV on YouTube again (normal mount, not chassis mount), and the most recent comment as of now made for a good laugh:

"Did they just rename Roar so they would get more people?"

Whaaa??

Though this *should* go in the GP Facebook thread I found this hilarious...SFDK posts a pic of Roar and someone (who appears to have some coaster knowledge) posts this:

"Hey look it's Gold Striker's retarded cousin."

I just had to laugh, as much as I don't like using the word 'retarded.'

Also speaking of Gold Striker...I've had 2 instances now, wearing my Gold Striker t-shirt out in the general public. At the store, a kid sees my shirt and tells his dad "Oooh! Look daddy, it's Gold Striker!" and rattles on about it. And then on another day I was wearing my shirt, a kid asks me this: "Hey, are you one of those who helped build Gold Striker??" Apparently these t-shirts give me credibility or something?

Let's not talk about how many times our group (who were all in uniform at the park with our t-shirts) had to stop so people can read the stats on the back, followed by asking where they can buy them...one even took a pic of the back of my shirt

MindBender at SFOG- I'm sitting in the front seat, and the ride op brings a drill bit up to the operator sitting behind the control panel and says "I found this in the back seat." Then, the kid behind me says

"Oh, can I get out?."

Ride Op: "No, it's fine."

Kid: "But I don't want to fall out!"

Ride Op: "No that was a drill bit, it's not part of the train."

Kid: "We're on a train?"

At my most recent trip to Six Flags Over Texas, I overheard a guy in line telling all his friends about the "best coaster in the world." He says it is called Kingda Ka. According to him, it decapitated 15 people when it first opened because the "rafters" were too low so they had to go back and fix it. He then proceeded to point to the new Texas Skyscreamer and proclaim that it is, "like 100 feet tall and we have to ride it." Needless to say it was very amusing waiting in line behind that group.

Yesterday while in line for "Haunted Mansion" at Knoebels, I listened as a teenager explained to her group that the ride was "actually haunted" because "a worker died while they were building it, which caused the ride to actually be haunted, but the park had spent too much money and time on it so they quietly covered it up and pretended it didn't happen."

At my most recent trip to Six Flags Over Texas, I overheard a guy in line telling all his friends about the "best coaster in the world." He says it is called Kingda Ka. According to him, it decapitated 15 people when it first opened because the "rafters" were too low so they had to go back and fix it. He then proceeded to point to the new Texas Skyscreamer and proclaim that it is, "like 100 feet tall and we have to ride it." Needless to say it was very amusing waiting in line behind that group.

Um, what?

Yesterday while in line for "Haunted Mansion" at Knoebels, I listened as a teenager explained to her group that the ride was "actually haunted" because "a worker died while they were building it, which caused the ride to actually be haunted, but the park had spent too much money and time on it so they quietly covered it up and pretended it didn't happen."

Is it just me or does that sound like it'd be a perfect PR backstory for a ride at a Merlin park?

On TPR's Goliath at La Ronde video...

ya omg it like haz no loopses so it sux like bizzzaro and bolder dash and L-torro and teh voyage
yah men and godurics iz teh bezt with tejh 7 loopppyyyyss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!1