TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

I was in the single-rider line for Green Lantern at SFGAdv on Saturday where a woman was arguing vehemently for about a minute with a ride op about how it wasn't fair that she couldn't ride together with boyfriend and didn't understand why they had to be split up in separate rows. This was after they got busted by another ride op for jumping over to the main queue and walking over to the line for the front row.

Is a single-rider line really that alien of a concept for people?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While queueing for Lex Luthor yesterday at SFMM, I was about to hop on but overheard some kids say "The one at Knott's is way taller than this one!" When LL is clearly advertised as the world's tallest drop tower. Made me lose my faith in the next generation.

Some classmates of mine were talking and one said, "I've been on so many roller coasters!" So I ask, " How many?" "Most of the ones at CGA except for the ones that were scary!" Then I say, "Really? I'll bet you can't guess how many I've been on." He guesses like 15. I say, "114." He almost falls out of chair. I laughed so hard

You know how you can be 6 switchbacks away from someone, but as soon as "stupid" starts flowing out of their mouth, you can hear it?

I was in line for Beast at KI on Saturday, and was about 2 or 3 rows away from going up the ramp to the station. Well, I heard a guy telling someone next to him that Beast was faster than Diamondback.

This question on yahoo answers: whaaaat

K so im gonna go on a holiday vut the main part is going o go to disney land i could ether go to japan or california but heres the deal tell me i im right...

Disney land -is a large area like a little town filled with disney things and like only a couple rides

Disney land resort- is a resort hotel thing with sisney theme but no rides

Disney world- is a small bit of land but with alot of rides

If i go to califoria i can go stay in the htel then to disney LAND by walking when ever i want

If i go to japan i can rent a hotel then go to disney world

Once

If i go i the califoria resort i can go todisney land for free or with the resort package

K i heard these from a friend is it true

So my family and I were in line for the Discover card entrance at SFMM, waiting in line for the park to open. As we're waiting, two teenage girls come by and ask my dad, "Can we pretend we're with you so we can get in early?" Before my dad could even answer, the girls noticed a security guard right next to them and they got put to the very back of the normal people line. It was so funny to watch their faces!,

So my family and I were in line for the Discover card entrance at SFMM, waiting in line for the park to open. As we're waiting, two teenage girls come by and ask my dad, "Can we pretend we're with you so we can get in early?" Before my dad could even answer, the girls noticed a security guard right next to them and they got put to the very back of the normal people line. It was so funny to watch their faces!,

Wow...but kudos to Six Flags security for doing their jobs!

I heard a guy try to convince everyone he was with that the Bat, a vekoma boomerang, didn't go upsidedown... the worst part was, he was standing right in front of the ride at the time.

iN terms of people trying to sneak into parks, I have never seen it, and never done it myself, at least at the larger places.... I did manage to get free rides at a local carnival by using an old all day pass from the year before, and the carnies didn't care at all. Sadly, when i attempted this again this year, they were onto me, and I was kicked out for the rest of the week they were there

I was watching a POV of Bizarro (Medusa) at SFGAdv. This video had one the most facepalming comments that I've ever seen. The strange part is that it came from the person that uploaded the video. They were asked which Bizarro they preferred, SFGAdv or SFNE. This was their response: "This one definitely. The Intamin Mega Coaster at SF New England should be torn down and replaced by something that fits people of all sizes comfortably." Yeah, tear down the roller coaster that is consistently ranked as one the best in the entire world. That makes perfect sense...

Here is the video

I was at BGW for a bit this morning, and sat next to some random guy on Verbolten:

Random Guy: You ever been to Hersheypark?

Me: Yes, a few times.

Random Guy: They have a launched coaster there, too. I think it's called "Ghostrider."

A launched version of Ghostrider would be too horrifying to contemplate.

I was at BGW for a bit this morning, and sat next to some random guy on Verbolten:

Random Guy: You ever been to Hersheypark?

Me: Yes, a few times.

Random Guy: They have a launched coaster there, too. I think it's called "Ghostrider."

A launched version of Ghostrider would be too horrifying to contemplate.

Well, at least they got the launched coaster part right.

I was watching an Iron Rattler construction update on YouTube going through the comments and this one jumped out at me.

"Oh... This is disappointing- I thought it was a brand new rollercoaster, but they just replaced an already awesome rollercoaster with another."

So, I struck GP gold while in line for Gold Striker today. In line I hear several off-the-wall things right behind me...it went like this:

(2 guys talking about wood coasters)

"Grizzly's fire proof"

"Grizzly sucks...remember that one time it collapsed?"

"Remember Stealth? That ride went through the Grizzly and when Grizzly collapsed, they decided to remove Stealth and decided to put in the water park instead."

(Talking about Gold Striker)

"Technology is amazing...this thing jumps the tracks and lands right back on it!"

"The tunnels were added because of the birds..."

Yea, lots of moments, made my wait in line (as Gold Striker kept going down) rather entertaining!

Here's one I had happen this weekend. Sadly it was my friend who did it. We were in line for Samurai at Lagoon and I had to leave the park. The ride got stuck and only spun the arms around for a bit, so we started to walk out of the fenced queue line because I couldn't wait for it to start back up to ride. While passing every person in line, my friend told them the ride is broke, and they will be waiting for a long time to ride. Once out of the line, (and 50 people thinking we are idiots,) the ride starts back up. Love my friend, but...

Well, I'm a bit disappointed now, hearing that people have heard all of this stuff from GP while in line... It seems to me that whenever I'm at a park, I'll never hear any good stuff. It's almost making me want to go to the small, sketchy carnival across town this weekend just to hear a few good comments lol.

I've also noticed that whenever I'm at a park, as I do not live close to one, I'll kinda go into GP mode whenever I'm there, dropping most of the analytical stuff, and just having fun with friends. Anyone else notice this?

Well, I'm a bit disappointed now, hearing that people have heard all of this stuff from GP while in line... It seems to me that whenever I'm at a park, I'll never hear any good stuff. It's almost making me want to go to the small, sketchy carnival across town this weekend just to hear a few good comments lol.

I've also noticed that whenever I'm at a park, as I do not live close to one, I'll kinda go into GP mode whenever I'm there, dropping most of the analytical stuff, and just having fun with friends. Anyone else notice this?

We usually nerd out but have fun. I'm always at the park with fellow TPR members these days

Hearing GP stuff at the park provides some nice conversations at the table afterwards when grabbing dinner.

I have a couple that my friends have said.

"Have you ever been on the hulk and Jurassic Park water ride at Disney?"

"You could just go to Ohio and go to Cedar Fair"

It does't even sound right saying cedar fair in a sentence. I've been to CP but I didn't feel like correcting him.