TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked on Power Tower this past season at CP. A woman came up to me at PT's entrance with her child and I had to measure his height because he looked kind of short; he wasn't tall enough. The mother insisted that he was tall enough because he just rode Dragster. I went on to explain that Dragster's height requirement was 48" and Power Tower is 52". She stood there for about 5 minutes telling me that I was wrong and she was right. She then said that she'd be right back with a park map to show me that she was right. She never came back.

I apologize, but isn't TTD's restriction 52"?

I worked on Power Tower this past season at CP. A woman came up to me at PT's entrance with her child and I had to measure his height because he looked kind of short; he wasn't tall enough. The mother insisted that he was tall enough because he just rode Dragster. I went on to explain that Dragster's height requirement was 48" and Power Tower is 52". She stood there for about 5 minutes telling me that I was wrong and she was right. She then said that she'd be right back with a park map to show me that she was right. She never came back.

Ahhhh. I hate people who do this. I see it all the time, you just can't argue your way into having someone else do something unsafe.

Clearly you are an uninformed employee. Dragster's height requirement is 52". You were wrong and she was right. She was probably pissed about your persisting misinformation and left out of frustration. If you plan on working for CP again, you had better learn the height requirements better.

an alton towers review:

I hated every minite There It rain my husband couldn't fit in any of the rides ever thou he waited to go on the rides. So From now on we are never coming neve here again.

I'm sure that it's clearly Alton Tower's fault that UK gets crap weather and her husband is fat.

^I will admit, when I was younger I was baffled at how the coaster cars stayed on the loop without falling off. After making a loop for my hotwheels cars I figured it worked the same way (At least I realized the coaster cars coasted through the course)...cars built enough speed that they'd stay in the loop and the wheels on the sides (guide wheels) kept it from veering off the track...never mind the fact that upstops existed, I thought the cars just used good old force to stay on it.

SFDK a couple weeks ago...why did I see a man attempt to get in line for Medusa while having a (Vekoma-induced?) neckbrace on? I think he did finally realize he shouldn't ride as he only stood in line for a few minutes before leaving.

Oh, and we were waiting for the rest of our party to get off Medusa as we hung out by the fluffy bunnies (by Kong). A ride op is standing by the entry/exit as the ride's broke down. The op informs them that the ride is down. I hear the GP kids walk off saying "Let's go..that ride's dangerous..."

Lastly, I never saw a line clear out so quick when SFDK's star flyer experienced a 5-minute hiccup. I felt like it was only our group and a few other GP that decided to take the chance and wait. As soon as the ride was running again, everyone scrambled back in line.

First of all, this thread is probably one of the main places I go on the web when I'm looking fora good laugh. Some of the stuff on here is just hilarious! Even before i became a member here, I lurked this thread. Now, onto my own contribution.

The top things that annoy the hell outa me from the GP:

-"Somebody died on this"

-"This ride sucks, it has no loops" (while standing in front of Apollo' Chariot)

-"Does this ride go upsidedown?" (While standing beside the ride, which has 10, clearly visable inversions)

-"This is the fastest, tallest, most best ever ride in the world!" (While getting off an SLC)

I have way more, but can't think of them right now. Expect me to post here again when i think of them.

An interesting story from KBF, back when I worked there:

There was a woman and her friend commenting about how Boomerang was:

After the train was released from spike 1 and did its thing:

(Spanish convo) Woman 1: That's all? The ride is too short!

woman 2: No, the ride goes backwards. Watch.

woman 1: No. See, they're stopping. They're getting off now! (The train has just went through spike 2)

At the release, woman 1: OMG it broke!!! (she then screamed and looked to me with TERROR in her eyes...)

While reading this LOL inducing forum, I saw an ad for Six Flags coupons. One of the coasters on the ad was SHEIKRA.

#2:

At VF, in line for the High Roller:

Girl sees Excalibur over trees.

G: After this, let's ride that one! I think it's Millenium Force.

G2: No, that's at Six Flags

Me: *kills self*

It makes me sad that no one in New Zealand has any idea what a good rollercoaster is like. I mean, four million people that have only ever ridden a standard Arrow corkscrew coaster. I was talking to a girl in my class who said she hates rollercoasters because they hurt her head. I know that isn't really a 'weird' GP thing to say, it's just really depressing

It's the same here in Colorado with our "beloved" Vekoma SLC.

And in MN, where we might actually TAKE an SLC just to get an invert.

Theme parks should be more spread out, not just in Ohio, Florida and California.

I saw this comment on Youtube regarding Kennywood's new coaster:
That is a stupid move! To build a roller coaster right where the turnpike is and the coaster is nothing compared to Fahrenheit and Rock 'N' Roller coaster. Pittsburgh is a busy city already and taking out the turnpike is going to make it insane. Well back to Fahrenheit that ride goes up 200 feet and then drops 97 degrees and Rock 'N' Roller Coaster launches you right out of the station 0-75 mph in 2 seconds. WOW. THANKS A LOT KENNYWOOD NOW MY PARENTS AND I CAN'T GO TO A PIRATE GAME ANY MORE!

He actually thought they were taking out the Pennsylvania Turnpike to put in the new coaster!

And who goes to Pirates games anyway?

Residents of Pittsburgh, I bear you no ill will, the Pirates just aren't too good.

Off topic over posting as usual.

This isn't a GP saying, but even worse. Yesterday, I went to Six Flags over Georgia. I was in line for my first ride on Log Jamboree (Log Flume.) Anticipating a splash from a POV, I sat in the back and found the ride to be splashy and fast through its trough. Luckily, this mainly hit the front.

But this isn't the GP-ism. That would be while I was in line. A kid (luckily in the back of a log) is dispatched with what appears to be his whole family. Soon after clearing the station, the kid pulls out what appears to be an iPad!!! Luckily for his iPad, he sat in the back.

But this isn't the GP-ism. That would be while I was in line. A kid (luckily in the back of a log) is dispatched with what appears to be his whole family. Soon after clearing the station, the kid pulls out what appears to be an iPad!!! Luckily for his iPad, he sat in the back.

I'm not sure why you would bring an iPad to an amusement park anyways. I guess it could either be called being an idiot or called having a disposable income.

It still surprises me how many people think the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is its own theme park...

Yep. Some classmate of mine said she was going to "Harry Potter World" Conversation is as follows.

GP: I'm going to HPW!

Me: You mean IOA? 'Cause that's where HPW is. Good coasters there.

GP: No, Harry Potter World!

Me: Kinda hard not to go to IOA when you go through it to HPW.

P.S.: This person is one of the smartest in my class.

Except me

^You think that's a troll? I personally just saw one worse, on
for Cheetah Hunt:

AnEscapeArtist33 said:

Robs stupid mouth ruins the video.

Rob likes touching underage boys.

Rob likes penises in his mouth.

Rob is a fat oaf.

AND, he spells ROBB wrong.

I know this might be very subjective to some people, but *Facepalm*

^

Oh man. I was having fun with the idiots on their facebook page over that fiasco. In case you didn't hear, a massive rumor started the night of the hurricane that a tornado took out Kingda Ka and El Toro. Twitter and facebook went bananas over it, especially on SFGAd's page. Hilarity at its finest.

I believe that the media said that hurricane Irene blew down kingda ka. This was like actual media that reported it. I laughed when I read it.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2011/08/hurricane_irene_did_it_destroy.html

The last paragraph is GP worthy.

Also, in the "top 5 at SFGadv, one was El Torro. *cough* typo *cough* 640 foot fail *cough*

I must be coming down with GPitis. All this coughing and laughing can't be good.