TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on the Crystal Wings POV:
Its just like the manta at Busch gardens in Tampa bay florida

It seems that most of the GP think that if it two coasters are of the same type, they're the exact same ride.

That and Manta is located at SeaWorld Orlando.

~Sneaky

Found this on the Crystal Wings POV:
Its just like the manta at Busch gardens in Tampa bay florida

It seems that most of the GP think that if it two coasters are of the same type, they're the exact same ride.

That and Manta is located at SeaWorld Orlando.

~Sneaky

Yeah...I guess I forgot to mention that part.

I was in line for X-Flight a few days ago and these two little girls were talking about the black spiders SFGAm puts on American Eagle during Fright Fest. One girl was bragging that her daddy climbed American Eagle's structure and stole the big spider and put it in his garage, because the police were looking for him. Not sure how her dad has that big of a garage, or how he was able to climb the structure in the first place.

Hmmmm see, this only seems possible if he himself were a spider and he was able to climb the structure. Any law enforcement would probably not want something like a giant spider running around; I bet they were looking for him.

On one of the Boomerang construction pics at SFSTL Facebook page, some lady wrote, "This looks exactly like Shiekra at Busch Gardens Tampa! I can't wait to ride it!"

How do you think an old, compact boomerang looks like a 200+ ft Dive Machine?

A few comments down, someone argued "no, it looks more like Kumba."

I like to leave myself some space between me and the restraint on El Toro and Nitro and everyone I'm with freaks the f*** out. I was even told by a Toro ride op that it needs to press tight on me or else I will fall out. I hate people sometimes.

OK, here's a short story on some idiots at SFMM:

So, I was waiting for Jet Stream and this one guy started to line jump and was literally pushing people out of the way. He came on to one of the boats with his moron friends. Then, when the boat was ready to dispatch, one of the idiots stopped the boat by putting his hand on to the flume wall until the boat behind pushed the boat forward. Jet Stream's blocking took out the issue of the two boats going 2 feet away from each other in the pre-lift section. During the pre-lift section, they rocked the boat and the ride ops were yelling at them to stop. They yelled back at the ride-ops with some foreign language and were laughing. Then, I went onto Jet Stream. Right before I went on the lift hill, the ride stopped. Security arrived at Jet Stream's station.

After the ride, we saw them being talked to by security backstage. They were released. Now, this group of morons proceeded to ride Cyclone 500. For those who don't know SFMM, Cyclone 500 is the park's go karts. The whole group went on Cyclone 500 with one of them sitting down on one of the go karts on the transfer track and attempted to leave the station. A ride op told him to go to the correct vehicle, which he did. Now, during Cyclone 500, they bumped each other despite the ride ops yelling at them to stop bumping. They were making fun of the ride ops by yelling out more foreign language at them. One man had his left foot dangling out of the car. Whenever the ride ops told them to stop, they continued to go. So, they had to disconnect one of the cars and talked to that man. The ride ended and they left and I never saw them again throughout the whole day. I'm hoping that they got kicked out.

This is the worst group of people I have ever seen at SFMM. Do not expect that this is SFMM's crowd.

^^ I hate that. It's a shame that there are people like this in pretty much every country. Here at Australian parks I've noticed it from tourists but sadly largely from locals too. People assume that because they paid for the ticket they own the place and can do whatever they want. Ruins it for everyone.

Found this gem on the Cedar Point FB page:

Six flags is my home park, but they stink only 2 good rides and always problems and the staff and food suck there! I'll take cedar point any day! Gate keeper will be much better then overrated x flight!

2? If she is talking about SFGAm, then there's more than 2.

I know everyone has their own opinion, but X-Flight is FAR from overrated.

I spent a good week in FL. Visited IoA, Sea World and BGT and I got to hear some crazy stuff.

Waiting in line for Dragon Challange I heard this.

"Wow why are there so many exit signs in this cave? That just ruins the themeing. It's not like there would ever be a fire here"

At BGT a woman was pointing at the Cheetah Hunt sign.

"Wanna go on The Green Python?"

I worked on Power Tower this past season at CP. A woman came up to me at PT's entrance with her child and I had to measure his height because he looked kind of short; he wasn't tall enough. The mother insisted that he was tall enough because he just rode Dragster. I went on to explain that Dragster's height requirement was 48" and Power Tower is 52". She stood there for about 5 minutes telling me that I was wrong and she was right. She then said that she'd be right back with a park map to show me that she was right. She never came back.

Correct me if im wrong, but CP's site has TTD listed at 52" minimum height.

Anyways, I always enjoy a good height requirement story from the GP. One day I had the task of checking the height signs, but I got diverted into an issue at Ravine Flyer II. I got the usual, "the doctor said he is 48" last week, your sign is wrong." Conveniently I had the tape measure still on me, and right in front of her confirmed the height requirement sign was correct. She stomped off before I could say it verbally when she saw the line match the tape exactly.

I'm currently in an argument on Coasterforce's Mindbender (SFOG) Youtube video with a person who claims that Mindbender's "third loop" (the helix/drop) is clearly an inversion, and I must be stupid in thinking it isn't.

He's probably trolling, but I'm having fun with this argument so I'll just let it play out.

Edited by australianalex