TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

I was waiting for Cheetah hunt at BGT and heard a girl explain the launch to her friend as "Instead of the normal click click like on Montu, this one has 3 magnet strips that are sort of like the boosters in Mario cart." Then the other friend replies "So your saying this ride is like mario cart?" and she replied "Yah,pretty much."

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I actually think the reason why a lot of peeps think coasters run on an in-built engine instead of an external lift/launch is that

they never sit in the front seat.

not necessarily are they scared of that but also sometimes there are obviously longer lines for them.

Yesterday at CGA on the swings...you have our group and some derps. The derps decide to hold hands, twist, and swing pre-ride holding the ride ops back from dispatching. Finally one of us yells out for them to stop swinging so they can start the ride. During the ride they decide to twist again and towards the end decided to hold hands and remove their seatbelts. I could hear them making sarcastic remarks about 'no doing this, no doing that...' They were the first of the YOLO crowds I've seen at these park holiday festivities.

• 2 weeks later...

^ That actually isn't too bad for a GP as the Whizzer and Jet Star 2 are made by the same manufacturer, have very similar trains and track style, and also both have spiral lift. At least he didn't say they were exactly the same ride. In fact the only bad thing about the comment is the spelling errors (and we already see plenty of those )

Ok, this has been going on for a while on all different platforms, but people keep on thinking that Disney actually tore-down and replaced Mullholland Madness with a brand new rollercoaster that looks the exact same (Goofy's Sky School). To me, this sounds really odd. The ride has not moved, the tracked had not been changed, no new elements where added, yet people think just because some scenery was added and cars where changed that it is a completely different ride that was built in the exact same spot and has the exact same track layout.

I could ramble on all day about this...

^It's impossible for me to not read that in Wheatley's voice...

With some refurbs Disney has done, they do replace the track (Space Mountain and the planned Thunder Mountain refurb come to mind). I could see a bit of the confusion, but still not really the greatest course of logic.

This isn't something the GP have said, but it is something an employee has said.

I was at KBF in line for Ghost Rider and this employee tried to convince me and my mom that Ghost Rider was the first wood coaster ever built and it was relocated to KBF in 2000. You had no idea how badly I wanted to correct this guy (I didn't say anything of course). 1. It is no where near the first wood coaster.

2. 1998, not 2000.

I do give props to a Top Thrill Dragster employee who said it was the second tallest and third fastest coaster though! Good job!

Being I work for a Cedar Fair park I can tell you that us employees like to play games with riders because well. It’s fun. Believe me You see a lot of stupid park guests as an employee. I see guests all the time try to sit down in the seat at Steel venom with the shoulder restraint already down and locked because I didn't make it to the seat before the guest did. Every time I want to tell them that they failed the ridership test and could not ride because of their fail.

Being I work for a Cedar Fair park I can tell you that us employees like to play games with riders because well. It’s fun. Believe me You see a lot of stupid park guests as an employee. I see guests all the time try to sit down in the seat at Steel venom with the shoulder restraint already down and locked because I didn't make it to the seat before the guest did. Every time I want to tell them that they failed the ridership test and could not ride because of their fail.

That's hilarious! How do they react? Do they know you're joking, or do most think you're being serious?

Very true that us employees like to have some fun by playing with guests' minds. Too often I get the question on Ravine Flyer II if it is safe, so one time I got just a hint sarcastic. After being asked if it was safe for like the fifth time in one day, I replied, "About 50% of our riders leave this ride with no injuries, so that's really good." You should have seen this person's eyes double in size. Of course, I informed the guest that it was a joke, and of course the ride is very safe. The days are long, so poking a little fun at the GP is the perfect way to spice things up.

That's hilarious! How do they react? Do they know you're joking, or do most think you're being serious?

I don't actually say that because I could get in trouble, but I do look at the and make them like they are stupid because well.. they are.. ha

Very true that us employees like to have some fun by playing with guests' minds. Too often I get the question on Ravine Flyer II if it is safe, so one time I got just a hint sarcastic. After being asked if it was safe for like the fifth time in one day, I replied, "About 50% of our riders leave this ride with no injuries, so that's really good." You should have seen this person's eyes double in size. Of course, I informed the guest that it was a joke, and of course the ride is very safe. The days are long, so poking a little fun at the GP is the perfect way to spice things up.

Maybe it's just because I'm a coaster nerd, but I find it pretty incredible how people doubt the safety of rides; though a part of me figures that the guest wants a bit of verbal reassurance that their life is in good hands when they board the ride. Needless to say, it is fun to have a little fun with them if this is the case, but I never lied to them when I was their attendant. A rather common case:

Guest getting strapped in: Am I going to die?

Me: Well...yeah, of course

Guest: *Eyes grow huge*

Me: Someday, but not on my ride.

Thought this was a funny comment posted on the Trip Advisor website about Kings Island. Clearly a CP fan but doesn't know they are owned by the same company?

How do you replace wonderful Paramount memorabilia and attractions with nondescript rides and Peanuts characters? Updated the water park to the point it put the Beach out of business, but unless you pony up for the gold pass, and all the other fees, might as well plan to visit 3 rides for your $50...My suggestion: Take a trip to Sandusky, much more fun for the $$.

Speaking of guests thinking coasters aren't safe....You don't know how many comments I've heard this year about people thinking Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFDK isn't safe because it goes upside-down and has lap bars. Like even some of my friends and family. I'm like, "Really? Do you really think they'd operate this coaster if they thought there was even a chance people would fall out?"

Also, there was one time where I pushed against the lap bar a little to avoid being stapled in, and managed to keep a little space to allow for optimal airtime, and my friend was all like, "THAT'S SO UNSAFE!!" And I was like... "There's no where near enough space for me to fall out of this thing, I just don't like it when they push the lap bars really tight on me."

Things like this happen all the time.

I'm waiting in line for Inimidator and these red necks behind me (there were like 5 of them) are waiting in line. One of them yells out "hey look this line is completely open!" This person was talking about the flash pass line. So all five of them cross under the railing and start running toward the station. That's all I could see. Next, the whole bunch was walking back down and were told they would have to go to the back of the line. Nice.

When I was at Six Flags Over Georgia a few years ago, this rather large black woman standing in front of me takes out a park map and starts talking to her daughter (or someone). She points over to the Cyclone and says "OH, ok that's the Great American Screamer." WTF is that? Then she points to Goliath "That right there is the American Scorcher." Ahhhh, no it's not. She had a park map out in front of her, but I didn't want to say anything because this seemed like one of those people that would think they're right no matter what you told them.

I'm waiting in line for Inimidator and these red necks behind me (there were like 5 of them) are waiting in line. One of them yells out "hey look this line is completely open!" This person was talking about the flash pass line. So all five of them cross under the railing and start running toward the station. That's all I could see. Next, the whole bunch was walking back down and were told they would have to go to the back of the line. Nice.

They probably didn't know any better (they were GP after all), but still, I LOVE it when stuff like this happens! They try to beat the system only to have the system beat them! Justice was served.

People said that for 2010 Holiday World was supposed to get Valentines Day as well as a Heartbreaker steel roller coaster. And then the next year they thought they were gonna get Easter too!

You have to admit though, a Valentine's area with a coaster called Heartbreaker would be pretty "sweet"! Although I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day (aka Single Awareness Day) haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on a POV of the Matterhorn:

Looks lame compared to disney worlds..
Disney World doesn't HAVE a matterhorn...
I know! I thought i was commenting on their People Mover, which IS BETTER in WDW!
Disneyland doesn't HAVE a People Mover...

This one is a real gem...
Ok ttd SUCKS the theme is stupid!! Kingda ka is TALLER AND FASTER then ttd. Kingda kas golden kingdom theme is better plus ttd is NOT SAFE cuz there is only a bar holding u down!! Plus kingda ka has an extra hump at the end which ttd does NOT have!!!!! Kingda ka goes 128 mph n it is 428 ft tall!!!!!ttd does not deserve to exsits n it is just a WANNA BE Kingda ka- kingda ka all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOP THRILL DRAGSTER SUCKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! U could also purchase cool gifts saying i survived kingda ka n it takes ur picture!!!!!!!! Does ttd do that uhhhhhhhhhhh exactly!!! So all u freakin idieots out there that say top thrill dragster is better SHUT UP i bet half of u didnt even ride kingda ka n ur just saying top thrill dragster is better cuz its the only one u rode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u no im right!!!!!!! and kingda ka is not a copy of top thrill dragster six flags didnt even know about ceder points ttd top thrill dtagster is a mini version of kingda ka. Going back 2 the themes ttd race car theme is stupid i mean its a racecar goin up a hill how dumb n ohhhh theres a traffic light n finish line im dying of excitment here SO STUPID at least kingda kas golden kingda theme makes sense so that is y kingda is better then top thrill dragster

I think this one has brain damage...