TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, today in school I was telling my science teacher about Outlaw Run (SDC). This is how the conversation went:

Me: Did you know that a coaster company is building a wooden roller coaster that goes upside-down in Missouri?

Teacher: Really? I thought that was impossible!

Me: Well, it's been tried before, and failed terribly, but this time I think it will be a huge success!

Teacher: But a wooden structure can't properly support a vertical loop, right? Well, I wouldn't want to be on the first run of that ride, I don't think the G-forces could allow anyone to live...

Me: Oh, no, it only does a couple of barrel rolls.

Teacher: Why did you get my hopes up? Barrel rolls aren't inversions.

Me: -Walks away, chuckling to my self-

Note, this was my SCIENCE teacher. Brilliant education system we got here, America.

I mentioned this in my trip report from my recent CGA visit. Some people left a dog unattended and chained to a fence. Not wanting to see either a person or dog get hurt, we decided to let some park employees know about it. About 15 minutes later as we are eating the park announces over their PA for the owners to come to the Town Hall at the front of the park to pick up their dog. Still trying to figure out how the dog was allowed in there in the first place. I don't think it was a service animal. Regardless, it was foolish to leave the dog in the middle of the park unattended with no water/food.

image.jpg.416fe34d5fda9c075665813ad72acb80.jpg

Picked up some solid GP-isms yesteray/last night.

First off, I'm not sure if my eyes were deceiving me or what especially since the ride op didn't seem to notice or smell anything, but when riding the Flying Scooters yesterday at CGA, this one dude and his kid were in a tub. I could swear I saw the dude smoking something as the way he had his hand/fingers looked as though he was holding a joint. If this was really the case, that is just sad...there's a time and place for that and the amusement park rides with your kid is not the place to do that!

Later in the evening, in line for the Slaughter House maze, we had some good views of Gold Striker...I then hear comments like "Oh, it's going to be like The Grizzly" and "What are they doing to Grizzly?"

First off, I'm not sure if my eyes were deceiving me or what especially since the ride op didn't seem to notice or smell anything, but when riding the Flying Scooters yesterday at CGA, this one dude and his kid were in a tub. I could swear I saw the dude smoking something as the way he had his hand/fingers looked as though he was holding a joint. If this was really the case, that is just sad...there's a time and place for that and the amusement park rides with your kid is not the place to do that!

I hella smelled it twice in line for Medusa yesterday. I've smelled it in line for Superman too. I've never seen anyone smoking it in line but given that we've smelled it multiple times, someone must've smoked... idk how they hide it or if they just blatantly smoke, but that's just looking for trouble if you ask me.

Yesterday at SFDK in line for Boomerang:

Boy 1: Is this the one that has the speakers that scream at you, or is that V2?

Boy 2: That's V2.

He thought the LIMs were recorded screams that played when the coaster launched.

I hella smelled it twice in line for Medusa yesterday. I've smelled it in line for Superman too. I've never seen anyone smoking it in line but given that we've smelled it multiple times, someone must've smoked... idk how they hide it or if they just blatantly smoke, but that's just looking for trouble if you ask me.

Yesterday at SFDK in line for Boomerang:

Boy 1: Is this the one that has the speakers that scream at you, or is that V2?

Boy 2: That's V2.

There were plenty of moments where I smelt pot during the night at CGA...definitely happens more frequently during Haunt as opposed to during the day...which kind of generalizes the clientele at SFDK

I think I remember hearing something a long time ago about V2, hearing someone say that they made it screech so it sounds like it's full of riders screaming...face-palm.

He thought the LIMs were recorded screams that played when the coaster launched.

Who wants to hear another youtube comment of someone claiming a coaster to be a copy of another?!? I'm glad you're so excited. On Robb's video of the SLC at Suzhou

this looks like a rip off from silver bullet one of the rides from knotts berry farm

So, I got my paper back in English about my 100th coaster (Stormrunner). When I got it back from my teacher, two corrections stood out to me:

1) She crossed out "Coaster" and put in "Rollarcoaster." One word, and spelled wrong. English teacher folks!

2) I spelled "Hersheypark," and she crossed that out too and put in "Hershey Land." I mean, with a space, I get it, but land? This school system sucks .

So, I got my paper back in English about my 100th coaster (Stormrunner). When I got it back from my teacher, two corrections stood out to me:

1) She crossed out "Coaster" and put in "Rollarcoaster." One word, and spelled wrong. English teacher folks!

2) I spelled "Hersheypark," and she crossed that out too and put in "Hershey Land." I mean, with a space, I get it, but land? This school system sucks .

Wow, what an incompetent teacher. And yes, America has one of the worst school systems.

Haha, the sad thing is that although my school system is apparently really good, I could totally see my English teacher doing the same thing. I'm sure that goes for quite a few other people too.

I hope you went to her and explained that she's wrong and stupid. Okay, maybe not the last thing.