TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, during school, I told them that X2 is rated higher than Xcelerator on the Mitch Hawker Poll and they all got pissed off at that. Seems to me there is a coaster war happening in Southern California...

--------------

A GP gem:

Comment:

Where is this going to be? California?

God this one has to be one of the worst i heard, I was at disney's california adventure a few years back. At the time when they drained the whole lagoon in Paradise pier to construct on the new World of Color. So they had the billboards that blocks view of the construction with texts saying that something new and colorful was gonna come up. Near one of these billboards I heard a family saying this, "They're gonna build a rollercoaster in there and fill it back up with water so it'll be a underwater rollercoaster. That should be interesting."

God this one has to be one of the worst i heard, I was at disney's california adventure a few years back. At the time when they drained the whole lagoon in Paradise pier to construct on the new World of Color. So they had the billboards that blocks view of the construction with texts saying that something new and colorful was gonna come up. Near one of these billboards I heard a family saying this, "They're gonna build a rollercoaster in there and fill it back up with water so it'll be a underwater rollercoaster. That should be interesting."

You haven't been on that yet? It's my favorite!

One I thought was a bit funny today. My supervisor knew about my CGA trip Wednesday with the media invite and all. Today, she comes by my computer and notices my wallpaper (I had switched it to one of the Gold Striker renderings) and asked me if I went on it yet. After, I told her that it was just a rendering as much as standing back it looks pretty real.

I was in line for the last row of Millennium Force this morning (Platinum Pass/resort ERT).

Somebody mentioned that they wanted to know the height and speed, so I gave them some basic statistics (310 feet tall, 300 foot drop at an 80 degree angle, approx. 93 mph), and somebody mentioned something about 1,000 feet, I think they said something about being able to ride this if they rode something else, the 1,000 foot coaster, maybe? I said there is no such thing as a 1,000 foot coaster. They replied that Expedition Everest is 1,000 feet tall. I replied the mountain was 200 (really 199, I think, but I rounded) feet tall, and before I could say anything about how high the actual track goes (112 feet, 80 foot highest drop), I think the person I talked to said that the track is 1,000 feet tall, above the mountain.

Just because I’m new to the forum doesn’t mean I don’t have some hilarious conversations with the GP. While I was in line for Wild Eagle my Dad asked me if my chigger bites were healing; someone behind us in line overheard and proceeded to ask if one could get bitten by chiggers by riding Wild Eagle.

I was at Six Flags Great America once and had the funniest ride on Whizzer that i've ever had because the people behind me were freaking out. First, they couldn't figure out how to buckle their seatbelt. Then I went reaching and grabbing for leaves like usuaul and the girl was like "OH SHIT HE BE GRABBIN LEAVES AND TOUCHING THE GROUND HIS FINGERS ARE GONNA GET CHOPPED OFF AND HE"S GOING TO FALL OUT!!! HE ALMOST TOUCHED THE WATER, A SNAKE COULD HAVE GOTTEN HIM!!!" Yes, a snake, of course, because you get so close to the water (you don't).

While I was thinking we were doing good yesterday as far as not seeing any GP antics, sure enough one happens on a ride I'm actually on. We were just finishing up on the Bayern Kurve (Berserker) when the ride op said to remain seated as we need to back around (it overshot/wouldn't line up or something) as this kid was not refastening his belt, sitting sideways, and finally when he sat straight and what looked like he was going to sit still we were getting ready to go do the 1 last loop so we can get off...sure enough, just seconds before getting ready to do the last revolution, he proceeds to stand up. Good thing for the ride op's quick reflexes and not getting 'button happy' as this kid would have probably smacked into the barn structure.

And after we get off, he meets up with what is maybe an older (still young) sibling and hop the fence rather than exit properly, walking in the grassy space between Berserker and Demon...then they hop the next rails to get on Demon.

Honestly, I was getting ready to shout across to tell him to sit down and put his seatbelt on (in probably not as nice words). I was doing hand motions of fastening seatbelts as there seemed to be some form of spoken communication barrier.