• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comments from this photo Warner Bros. Movie World posted of Kentucky Rumbler:

oh hell looks like the rickerty one we went on in Knottsberry farm
looks like the scenic railway at Luna Park in Melbourne
Like the bush beast and beast at wonderland

Also, how many SF parks are announcing something August 30th? I have already counted 3...

Apocalypse at six flags New England (I believe) is Iron Wolf but with different colored track. We got rid of Iron Wolf and sold it to Six Flags New England, so it would be kind of a dumb decision to buy it back after one season. My opinion

The company sold its own coaster to itself...

I was watching the TPR Pov of I305 and noticed in the comments a rather amusing conversation...

This guy has never been with a chick ever! Never ever, PERIOD!!!!!

Explain his wife and kid

This is his ex wife and i have a penis so of course the child is adopted. Please stay out of our family's business.

Lolwut?

I was watching the TPR Pov of I305 and noticed in the comments a rather amusing conversation...

Explain his wife and kid

This is his ex wife and i have a penis so of course the child is adopted. Please stay out of our family's business.

Lolwut?

Who were the commenter's talking about? Surely not Robb...

amongst the "this is a rip off of montu" comments on the TPR Oz iris vid - there's the following little gems

i liek 2 poke teh hoels in teh condums b4 i use dem so muh peanus don't sweat alot

hey tpr im ok with loops and stuff but im going to a place with the goliath soon.......have any tips?

Wtf??? Where's the pre drop?!?! It's an inverted b&m??? I hate it without it, just looks f'in awkward and ruined Wat coulda been a good design... Way to go b&m

Oziris was blue?

Are death people blue?

So why is the coaster blue?

I like PINK!

and a few mildly racist comments towards france!

Explain his wife and kid

Lolwut?

Who were the commenter's talking about? Surely not Robb...

Just random idiots who are amusing only to themselves.

Wtf??? Where's the pre drop?!?! It's an inverted b&m??? I hate it without it, just looks f'in awkward and ruined Wat coulda been a good design... Way to go b&m

Looks like B&M ruined what could've been a perfectly good coaster by not putting a little dip before the first drop. Those damn Swiss.

This also happened today at CGA. While we were coming off of demon, I heard a girl say, lets go ride Medusa next. Since when were we at SFDK.

Well, there was that Geico advertisement plane that was flying above us

Several others to be heard regarding Au13/Coaster Man Dumping Waffle construction aboard the Star Tower:

"It looks like they're building a theater over there" (points at prudential turn).

Star Tower now facing 49er stadium...

"No, that's got to be the new theater over there" (points at stadium site).

The rest of their conversation goes onto "what ride is this/that over here/there?" You can definitely tell they were not seasoned CGA visitors

Some other GP antics at the water park:

I'm next in line for the Cliffhanger speed slides when one of the slides is waiting for a rider. The attendant at the top asks if anyone wants to ride the 'open' slide (open air, wavy drop). I hear 1 guest respond and move up when suddenly 6 others decide to follow suit. Suddenly I hear the attendant say:

"Woah, woah...I did NOT say 20 of you, I said ONE!" I could not help it but grin and chuckle...took off some of the nervousness of coming down that slide

When heading to one of the other slides, a bunch of guests are sitting on innertubes meant for the slide on the grass...tubes that could potentially be used by guests who actually plan on riding. Finally a lifeguard comes by and tells them that they have to put them back as other people need to use them.

Lastly, waiting for the Proslide Tornado...not sure how it's done at the other parks but I'm sure this is standard. There are 2 lines: 1 for waiting for a tube and the line for the slide itself. I'm waiting in a lengthy line for a "Whirly Wheel" (ProSlide language for 2-person tube) when I'm informed that the next Whirly Wheel should be for us as the guests ahead of us were using the "Cloverleaf" (4-person tube). Sure enough this guy from way behind us procedes to claim it when the guys ahead of us tell him that there are people ahead of him, referring to us. So I guess you can consider this as an attempt at cutting/line jumping. As we passed him, he kind of gave us a look.

I really don't understand how the concept of queues can be so difficult to understand for some people. When I was at the Great Escape last week, a woman and her daughter, who were in line for the second to front seat of Comet, jumped into the front row when the gates opened. The group waiting for the front (who happened to be the group in front of us) were totally baffled as to why two ladies just hopped into their seats. The woman said, "This is our row, you guys are in the single riders line". I then politely responded that the guys in front of me were in the correct line and that the single rider queue was next to the queue for the front. At first, she neglected my argument until I pointed out the sign that was clearly placed in the queue next to the front. Thoroughly pissed, she finally relinquished the seats to the people in front of us. She then said to me, "I was in front of you" and proceeded to cut me. Since my day had just started and I really did not want to argue (plus, I had only waited in line about three minutes), I let her go. She then mumbled how they ought to make the single riders queue and the queue for the front clearer. Lady, you were the only one who made the mistake. Admit you were wrong and take responsibility for it rather than blame the whole world.

One time at Hershey, while passing through Comet Hollow to go to Skyrush, I overheard this conversation from people walking alongside us:

GP 1: I'm so scared to go on this (Comet)!

GP 2: Why? You just did StormRunner.

GP 1: Yeah, but some little girl fell out into the river when the ride broke in half!

And from Dorney, whilst queuing for Talon:

GP: I'm gonna unbuckle my seatbelt, so when the rollercoaster goes through the loop, I'll fly out then land back in my seat when it comes back down!